• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2010] Pokémon Sienna - Complete Version Released

Years
In short, Harry and I were talking randomly on MSN, and I said that Shinite is a weird name. He agreed and told me the backstory of it (Shian being Harry's old hack and Granite being Max's). Then I linked him to Wikipedia's list of colours, and we suggested names to each other. Harry came up with Sienna and liked the sound of it.

IIRC, that is.

By the way, "Hot Dayum", as Steven says, is (C) The Master 2009-2010

sjoosjed

Hack Bèta Tester
Years
Heey,

I like your hacks man there very good, im playing siennna right now and i like the hero and heroine sprites an the new pokemon sprites, it totally rocks and i think i found something no one has pointed out yet, when you pick your starter and you choose cyndaquil from the right site of the table you walk right trough the tables to the professor, it's not to big but i just thought i should tell you.

Greetz Sjoosjed
PS keep up the good work team

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Harry, I have another bug involving a Tile Behaviour... Well, not a behaviour, but it is best, in the Forest, to always have all 1's on Movement Permissions bihind/in front of a warp, as if the player does the right thing, they can walk behind it. Ermm... Just change all places that are meant to be unable to be walked on to 1, as if you are precise, you can walk behind the tile without warping.

Years
Hey, Doc. Just going to congratulate you and everyone else on a great game so far. Oh, and to report what looks like a little error.

When I walk from one back corner of the gym to the other, the rival suddenly appears out of thin air by the gym's door.
picture.php

It only happens if I approach from the right side. I dunno if this is just the rest of the game waiting to be made or what, but thought you'd like to know.

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
Years
:D

Its fun, i like how Team Rocket's there. I miss them, they were the original evil!!
I thought that was it of the beta when i couldnt find Steven's letter lol.
Keep it up <3

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Hey, Doc. Just going to congratulate you and everyone else on a great game so far. Oh, and to report what looks like a little error.

When I walk from one back corner of the gym to the other, the rival suddenly appears out of thin air by the gym's door.
picture.php

It only happens if I approach from the right side. I dunno if this is just the rest of the game waiting to be made or what, but thought you'd like to know.

Thanks!

20tjt61.png

"Once locked away in darkness, the beast from the haven returns.."

That is so awesome i love this hack already :>

Um, what?

Its fun, i like how Team Rocket's there. I miss them, they were the original evil!!
I thought that was it of the beta when i couldnt find Steven's letter lol.
Keep it up <3

Thanks. :P

Anyway, just doing some things and making progress upon the game. I finished mapping the route above Mekong City. And now I'm getting to scripting the third gym. Which will be tedious because of setmaptile events. :3 Oh well, feast your eyes upon some progress.

2-4.png
1-4.png
3-4.png
4-2.png

Screen 1: *sigh* Gym Leaders, 'ey?
Screen 2: Max wants you to do something for him?! o;
Screen 3: I wonder what the reward was? A battle? yes that is a custom quagsire made by chibi robo
Screen 4: Gym preview. :3

Credits:
Chibi Robo - Quagsire sprite
The Master - Gym map
Jesse [TB Pro] - HP boxes

Years
Firstly:

]=<

2-4.png
1-4.png
3-4.png
4-2.png

Screen 2: Max wants you to do something for him?! o;
Screen 3: I wonder what the reward was? A battle? yes that is a custom quagsire made by chibi robo
Screen 4: Gym preview. :3

Credits:
Chibi Robo - Quagsire sprite
The Master - Gym map
Jesse [TB Pro] - HP boxes

Max that is one sexy Quagsire right dere.

Hai gaiz we changed the Gym at the last minute so that preview shot is outdated. I'ma make a new map once Harry has inserted some tiles. Oh, by the way, the third gym is all mien :DDDDDDD

Keep up the great work, bud.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
You are an high level hacker
This hack is wonderful.
Waitin' for updates=]

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Bug Report

I made a list of bugs that I encountered having played up to Colt Path. Before I begin, I'd like to point out a few general errors errors that should be fixed:

• More than once, there was an error with the jingle that plays when the player receives an item, notably from the the PokéMart representative and the guy in the PokéCenter in Nile City
  • People in general talk funny. I mention the old lady guarding the exit of the starter town in the screenshots but a lot of people's dialogue is unnatural
  • Kevin (my rival) starts out really nice by giving me a present but then all of a sudden he's graffitiing obscenities on road signs. As I mention in the bug list, consistency is key
  • Doesn't having trainers on the first route (besides the rival) seem a little quick to you?
Okay, here we go:

Spoiler:

A few things that I didn't get screenshots of:
  • Zigzagoon gives out an awful lot of EXP...
  • Also, why does it only use growl? If it's because you don't want the player to lose, remember that you can lose in the battle with OAK's explanations
  • When Kevin challenges me on Heathen Pass, there's a pause between his speech and his challenge text
  • The old man who shows me how to catch Pokémon and hands out the Teachy TV disappears before getting completely offscreen
I'm enjoying it so far but it's not enough to clinch my vote for HotM. Identity is giving your hack a run for its money. We'll see if the rest of the beta can change my opinion ;)

Last edited:

Logan

Years
Finally, a long post. ANYWAY, I've fixed a lot of that in the beta 1.1 version. :D I'll check out the others later though.

Logan

Years
Okay, so I finished scripting the third gym. :D I got some screenshots here for y'all. I'll also have a video in six hours as youtube tells me. ;~;

FireGym.png
FireGym3.png

How do the walls come down? Wait and find out. :D

Edit: Oh, I have these from a new event too.

3-5.png
2-5.png
1-5.png

Last edited:
Years
They've all been reported before.

Harry even mentioned on the list of bugs/oddities/glitches about the last one. -.-

Great update, Harry. I wish I were less ignorant about the leg---SPOILER BLOCK.

Logan

Years
Ugh, I already know all that stuff. Can you bother to check the official release post and read through the thread before reporting thing. u_u

edit: And all those typos/script bugs are fixed in beta 1.1. I only condone playing the fixed beta. :(

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Ugh, I already know all that stuff. Can you bother to check the official release post and read through the thread before reporting thing. u_u

edit: And all those typos/script bugs are fixed in beta 1.1. I only condone playing the fixed beta. :(

yea they were older glitches from last time i played i was just a bit lazy to upload at the time, i deleted my post.

They've all been reported before.

Harry even mentioned on the list of bugs/oddities/glitches about the last one. -.-

Great update, Harry. I wish I were less ignorant about the leg---SPOILER BLOCK.

kk

EDIT: I don't see a bug section :?

and where it says authors it says : Manipulation instead of The doctor :)

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
If you look back one page, where the official release post is, then you'd see the bug list.

Yea your "father" explained it to me. XD

I like it so far :)

PS. I can't find shroomish!!! damed forest!!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I love your hack, it's very neat and organized. Also the story is very nice. I'll try to play the demo later on.. But best of luck in the mean time ;)

Back