• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Uh Jynx is an out-going Pokemon, that doesn't really fit Brycen at all. XD; I'd much rather if he kept two from Unova and added at least one of those others, probably Lapras more than the other two.

Well he seems a LOT more outgoing this time around, he used to be an actor and now he's chasing that dream once more! I mean, look at him, dressing up and EVERYthing. So I wouldn't put a Jynx past him, now. I could most certainly see him with a Lapras.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Clay is so amazing, shame on y'all! @MRAS - Why would Brycen determine whether or not he's a Gym Leader anyway?

I'd prefer Clay to keep his spot rather than Brycen anyway; his character was a lot more outgoing.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
If Brycen isn't a leader then i have a strong feeling he will take part in the story, people seem to forget he told us the legend of Reshiram and Zekrom in the first place, but between him and clay it's kind of tied with me cause I really like them both.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Clay is so amazing, shame on y'all! @MRAS - Why would Brycen determine whether or not he's a Gym Leader anyway?

I'd prefer Clay to keep his spot rather than Brycen anyway; his character was a lot more outgoing.

Because so far we have five confirmed (normal,poison,water,electric, and flying) and if one takes a look at the badge case it seems as if Burgh will be returning making it 6 and Brycen will make it seven. I'm guessing that Iris will stay but you never know...so Clay be or may not be in...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Needs more Dark and Bug gyms yo =P

Another bug gym? ;; Well since dark wasn't covered I assume you mean another one. XD; Unless you mean Burgh in particular, idek.

I've kinda lost hope of a dark gym now considering what has been announced.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Another bug gym? ;; Well since dark wasn't covered I assume you mean another one. XD; Unless you mean Burgh in particular, idek.

I've kinda lost hope of a dark gym now considering what has been announced.

Don't give up! D;
They haven't ALL been announced yet! I'm still rootin' for a Dark Gym. But if not, as long as they have Clay, I'm Gucci. But really, if Drayden has moved on to being an E4 member and Iris is a Gym Leader, I'm gonna be a little irritated that it's going to be G/S/C, HG/SS all over again.

Cid

Years
Nooo. u_u
A Dark-type Gym is very unlikely at this point. Maybe next gen?

But yeah so far we have five Gym Leaders (technically four) fighting for three spots.
Why not just have all ten though? Heh, screw the magical eight.
  • Cheren
  • Homika
  • Shizui
  • Burgh
  • Elesa
  • Clay
  • Skyla
  • Brycen
  • Iris/Drayden
I believe they'll go with it at that order, too. Give or take a few. Shizui can be relocated to a later Gym but he always stood out for me as an early Gym, I don't know why. Also, we aren't really sure that the player character will go about the region in the same path as the BW protags, so maybe the old Gym Leaders returning can switch around in order, too. But yeah regarding the current surplus of Gym Leaders, if no one becomes an Elite Four member then I'm leaning towards Brycen retiring and opening his spot. :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well yeah so far gen V has really switched up the order of what normally happens so with the introduction of new leaders they technically could skip the tradition of eight, given how they changed the e4.

blue

gucci
Years
Id prefer it if there were 10, it would make the games even more separated from the others and it would be more challenging, as unlikely as it is it's still possible.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Ten gyms would be so fun! D:
That'd be a neat little thing to do. It seems that the anime MIGHT (don't quote me on it) be heading into that direction, as well. Maybe, idk. If Ash is going to be battling Homika, Shizui, AND Drayden for a Gym battle, I could see us having ten badges and ten gyms in the next game!

Years
I agree, ten would be great ^_^ (it'll be like Ash in the anime as mentioned by...)
If they do this I hope that the later gym leaders have more than three to make them even more challenging.

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
Hopefully it's not just me, but I hate that the last few gyms have only 3 Pokemon. Not much of a challenge, is it? OGod plsplspls let the later gyms have more Pokemon...
I'm confused about Brycen. Is he going to have a single role in PokeWood or is he also going to be the gym leader? Truth be told I don't really like him... + I want a Dark Gym sooo bad.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
Not very much, but Shizui has three pokemon on his team. It don't help very much however, considering the first Unova had mainly only three or less Pokemon on the gym leaders team.

blue

gucci
Years
I don't think that will be the case this time round, all the leaders in Unova used Unova Pokémon, there are only 3 new Ice & Dragon evolutionary lines introduced in Generation V, Cryogonal, Beartic & Vanilluxe and then Hydreigon, Druddigon & Haxorus. Hopefully in B2W2 because of the way the Pokédex has increased by a large number (upto 300 for the post-national dex) their teams may be more versatile which will help you fill out your Pokédex like in previous games.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I don't think that will be the case this time round, all the leaders in Unova used Unova Pokémon, there are only 3 new Ice & Dragon evolutionary lines introduced in Generation V, Cryogonal, Beartic & Vanilluxe and then Hydreigon, Druddigon & Haxorus. Hopefully in B2W2 because of the way the Pokédex has increased by a large number (upto 300 for the post-national dex) their teams may be more versatile which will help you fill out your Pokédex like in previous games.

These new gyms do need versatility, which BW did lack. So, I agree completely with you.

Years
If Shizui is fourth or seventh or eighth which are the positions I think he has a chance at then our hopes for more than three Pokemon aren't looking too good since he only has three pokemon in the trailers...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah I don't think it's gunna change from the 3 we saw in the trailer. :x If 3 is the standard if every gym that'll just make the possible rematches much more interesting, since they allow for many more changes in the teams.

Years
^ Yeah kind of like the rematches against the E4 were,when they had two extra pokemon and some replacements.
Well I can say this now, I don't think there will be a Dark type gym this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back