• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
XIII is the hardest for me to level on, nothing seems to get me enough experience to feel like I'm even doing anything so I started a new game right before I went to fight Orphan and erased my old save file :I

The sphere grid is by far my favorite leveling system. I agree that earning those sphere levels just felt amazing. And I took all my characters around the entire sphere grid so everyone had steal, my favorite was kimahri for stealing though. My favorite team to have in was Auron, Lulu, and Yuna just because I loved using Anima and Bahamut.

omg Bahamut was boss. He was my most favorite of all to use. <3 I didn't know she could get Anima though. O_o I could never beat Seymour on Mt. Gagazet because he literally wiped out my whole team.

Years
omg Bahamut was boss. He was my most favorite of all to use. <3 I didn't know she could get Anima though. O_o I could never beat Seymour on Mt. Gagazet because he literally wiped out my whole team.

Eh? Am I the only one who had an easy time with Seymour? With the sphere grid, I couldn't tell whether or not I was completely over level so I just went in with whatever statistics my characters had at that time.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years

Eh? Am I the only one who had an easy time with Seymour? With the sphere grid, I couldn't tell whether or not I was completely over level so I just went in with whatever statistics my characters had at that time.

My second time through he was definitely easier because I understood more of the game. But that's why my first time through I spent so much time in the Calm Lands because no matter what I did I couldn't beat him. After I leveled everyone as much as I could I started playing blitzball. If there was a game that was just blitzball, I would be happy. I finally beat seymour though when Tidus learned Energy Rain. And to get Anima you have to get all the other Aeons including Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters. It is some hard stuff.

Years
Wait, have you gotten all the Celestial weapons then? I stopped playing Final Fantasy X for that reason; Tidus' sigil and crest could possibly be the single most annoying task in the game because of that chocobo race >>;;

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Wait, have you gotten all the Celestial weapons then? I stopped playing Final Fantasy X for that reason; Tidus' sigil and crest could possibly be the single most annoying task in the game because of that chocobo race >>;;

I got some of the easier to get weapons like godhand, onion knight, whatever wakka had, and aurons sword, but Tidus was just too much effort. And I never powered any of them up. I just went with what I had that was strongest.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
My second time through he was definitely easier because I understood more of the game. But that's why my first time through I spent so much time in the Calm Lands because no matter what I did I couldn't beat him. After I leveled everyone as much as I could I started playing blitzball. If there was a game that was just blitzball, I would be happy. I finally beat seymour though when Tidus learned Energy Rain. And to get Anima you have to get all the other Aeons including Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters. It is some hard stuff.

How does he learn Energy Rain? O_o

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
The weapons don't do much, I think they give like double or triple exp and double or triple overdrive charge.

The overdrives are easier to collect though, if you have the time to use your overdrive 80+ times :P

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
Okay, I swear my post about energy rain didn't show... and now it did. I think PC is on crack or something. O_o

Anyway, I hardly got the chance to use my overdrives. I might just start a new game too because I kind of messed up on my first one. D: I'll work on getting the overdrives as much as I can. Usually, I only save them for bosses and stuff. XD

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Okay, I swear my post about energy rain didn't show... and now it did. I think PC is on crack or something. O_o

Anyway, I hardly got the chance to use my overdrives. I might just start a new game too because I kind of messed up on my first one. D: I'll work on getting the overdrives as much as I can. Usually, I only save them for bosses and stuff. XD

Usually there's save spheres around boss battles (or I just have the time memorized) so I don't worry about it too much because usually there's monsters right outside of a boss area that you can fill the gauge up with. Starting a new game could be fun because you know somewhat where some of the events are going to happen so you can prepare. Like on my first run I was completely underleveled and unprepared for every boss battle and almost always lost the first time fighting them.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
Well, that's what I'm afraid of for my second game. I worked hard on my first game. I had Rikku learn all of Lulu's spells. The only reason I want to restart is because I got stuck in Bevelle, and I haven't gotten around to looking up a walkthrough.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Where at in Bevelle are you stuck? The cloyster of trials or have you made it past that?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I remember the first time I played FFX, I actually tried to work everything out myself in all of the Cloisters. Now I just flip over to the browser in my Vita and look it up. <_< I did it once when I was a kid... I can justify just using a guide now, haha.

Actually a lot of things are a lot easier now than when I was a kid. I was phenomenally bad at FFX back then. For years I thought black mages were terrible in JRPGs because I somehow accidentally set Lulu going down Wakka's sphere grid path and, unsurprisingly, she turned out to be a horrible black mage when that happened. She is much better this time around. :P

(Sign up stuff now. Didn't wanna throw off the topic by just having an intro post all of a sudden!)

Username: Cherrim
Final Fantasy games you've owned: III, FFVII through X/-2, XII, XIII/-2, and various spinoffs although I'll only mention Crisis Core and Theatrhythm since I think they were the only spinoffs I liked. Haven't actually played all the ones I own. (Have played VI though, despite not owning it.)

idk if the topic in the first post is still current, but I'll answer anyway: I don't need to get new games as soon as they come out. I think FFX/X-2 HD was the first one I preordered in a loooong time. I still don't have LR yet.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
omg I was so bad at FFX. It wasn't until after about five or six different games that I finally got to pass that big ass worm thing that covers it's bottom head with it's arms. DX Now, I know how to pass it easily.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
omg I was so bad at FFX. It wasn't until after about five or six different games that I finally got to pass that big ass worm thing that covers it's bottom head with it's arms. DX Now, I know how to pass it easily.

I think you're talking about when Seymour fights you in Macalania temple and summons Anima, and if that's so then it took me forever to get past it. At the time that I was facing off against it I had died in battle against it at least 10 times and had give up on Final Fatasy because it was too hard for me so I let my friend's brother who was 16 I think borrow it and he finished it in under a week and I don't think I have ever bee so surprised by something in my life. After he gave me the disc back I grinded a ton and then finally beat him. Now I can easily beat FFX in under a week.

I remember the first time I played FFX, I actually tried to work everything out myself in all of the Cloisters. Now I just flip over to the browser in my Vita and look it up. <_< I did it once when I was a kid... I can justify just using a guide now, haha.

Actually a lot of things are a lot easier now than when I was a kid. I was phenomenally bad at FFX back then. For years I thought black mages were terrible in JRPGs because I somehow accidentally set Lulu going down Wakka's sphere grid path and, unsurprisingly, she turned out to be a horrible black mage when that happened. She is much better this time around. :P

(Sign up stuff now. Didn't wanna throw off the topic by just having an intro post all of a sudden!)

Username: Cherrim
Final Fantasy games you've owned: III, FFVII through X/-2, XII, XIII/-2, and various spinoffs although I'll only mention Crisis Core and Theatrhythm since I think they were the only spinoffs I liked. Haven't actually played all the ones I own. (Have played VI though, despite not owning it.)

idk if the topic in the first post is still current, but I'll answer anyway: I don't need to get new games as soon as they come out. I think FFX/X-2 HD was the first one I preordered in a loooong time. I still don't have LR yet.

I think I probably did the exact same thing you did on my first time through. I wanted everyone to be on the same grid as Auron because his HP was maxed and he was destroying everything since I never took him out of my party and so I treated him like a god.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
I think you're talking about when Seymour fights you in Macalania temple and summons Anima, and if that's so then it took me forever to get past it. At the time that I was facing off against it I had died in battle against it at least 10 times and had give up on Final Fatasy because it was too hard for me so I let my friend's brother who was 16 I think borrow it and he finished it in under a week and I don't think I have ever bee so surprised by something in my life. After he gave me the disc back I grinded a ton and then finally beat him. Now I can easily beat FFX in under a week.

I'm talking about this one. It took forever for me to figure out how to beat it. Evrae was another one I couldn't beat, but I finally figured it out.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'm talking about this one. It took forever for me to figure out how to beat it. Evrae was another one I couldn't beat, but I finally figured it out.

OHHHHHH yea I just spammed it with -ara magics and summonings :I sorry for not uderstanding, the bottom half of anima is wormlike and it covers its face with its fists before demolishing you.

And Evrae still gives me trouble even though I've played through that poit on multiple occassions, it is one of the harder bosses because of it's poison and dark effects and my firm disbelief in items.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I think I probably did the exact same thing you did on my first time through. I wanted everyone to be on the same grid as Auron because his HP was maxed and he was destroying everything since I never took him out of my party and so I treated him like a god.
Haha, for some reason my roommate hates Auron and in his recent playthrough refused to level him up unless he absolutely had to. I always thought Auron was pretty badass too and I like using him, but my roommate's Auron was SO pathetically weak from underuse. It made all the scenes where Auron does something cool, or makes a threat of sorts, sooo funny because they were so empty on his file. Now whenever I see anyone talking about how cool Auron is, all I can think of is how lame his Auron was and I laugh. :(
Oh nooooo I completely forgot about Evrae. >< I HATED that boss when I was younger and I am not looking forward to it this time. Nooo...

Back