Pokémon General The home for theories, clubs, polls, and other discussions involving the Pokémon franchise that aren't covered in any of the other boards.

TrollandToad.com

Old October 2nd, 2017 (11:14 AM).

I'm not exactly the biggest fan, but I do love Pokemon! For ages I've wanted to make a region, but I get bored making it alone. Getting ideas from others and working with them to great something awesome is what it's all about!

I would like to make it into a game one day, but I seriously think that that's for the far future (I have no skills in coding at all). For now, I just want it to be a fun project. Anyone with me?

I think that it could be a group of regions together (like the UK). Having a bunch of mini regions would be cool, and also I think that it would be different to Alola. Not sure on the name of the whole group, though :(

I also think that it would be cool to include official Pokemon, Fakemon and also Deltas. A starter idea: Psychich and Fire type Bulbasaur (this delta could look soooooo good!)

Please let me know what you think and if you want to join me in this!

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 2nd, 2017 (12:07 PM).

Nature: Quirky
      i want to help you with the region progect. I have my own in theroy only show based region
      Old October 2nd, 2017 (4:51 PM).
      Blathering Fool

Nature: Lax
        This sounds like a really cool idea. Even if you can't create your own game you should just record all your ideas in a document while brainstorming and then write your own fan fiction with characters traveling through your region.

I actually have done something similar (despite not really sharing it much), I've been brainstorming a pokemon game for a few years now and have mapped out a region and also have a halfway filled fakemon pokedex (in written form only, I've sprited maybe ten of them). I've also written out a plot for it alongside of having a collection of important characters.

I would be more than happy to throw some ideas your way, and I really do encourage you to write it out as your own story, maybe you can get an interesting series going on the writing sub-forum of this site.

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."
        Old October 3rd, 2017 (1:38 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mister Coffee View Post
          This sounds like a really cool idea. Even if you can't create your own game you should just record all your ideas in a document while brainstorming and then write your own fan fiction with characters traveling through your region.

I actually have done something similar (despite not really sharing it much), I've been brainstorming a pokemon game for a few years now and have mapped out a region and also have a halfway filled fakemon pokedex (in written form only, I've sprited maybe ten of them). I've also written out a plot for it alongside of having a collection of important characters.

I would be more than happy to throw some ideas your way, and I really do encourage you to write it out as your own story, maybe you can get an interesting series going on the writing sub-forum of this site.
          Cool. I will shoot you the basics of The Showdin region. I need new Pokémon for it so, maybe you can send me your pokedex and I can use it
          Old October 3rd, 2017 (2:22 PM).
          Blathering Fool

Nature: Lax
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Mr. Showdown View Post
            Cool. I will shoot you the basics of The Showdin region. I need new Pokémon for it so, maybe you can send me your pokedex and I can use it
            Sounds cool, keep your thread updated with new info and I'll post some ideas in it here and there. Is your region based on a specific area in the real world or are you creating a fresh region? Do you have a particular plot in mind that you want to follow, if not it's not a huge deal, because you can brainstorm it along the way.

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."
            Old October 3rd, 2017 (7:42 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mister Coffee View Post
              Sounds cool, keep your thread updated with new info and I'll post some ideas in it here and there. Is your region based on a specific area in the real world or are you creating a fresh region? Do you have a particular plot in mind that you want to follow, if not it's not a huge deal, because you can brainstorm it along the way.
              i watch tv so my region will be based on the show universe in total, i might throw in other game references

i will make a new thread because makin a region is not mine

i will name it "showdin"

Quick Reply