• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Years
When i try to plant a berry, i get this error:

Spoiler:

Edit:
@AmethystRain: Ah, haven't see it. Thanks!

Last edited:

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Maruno mentioned in the release topic that the game will crash on berry planting. I believe he also said that a fix for that has been published on the Essentials Wiki.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
Knock Off bug:
The Pokemon does not recover the item after the battle.

It is possible that also it happens with Trick and Thief

PD: In the original game it recovers the item.

KingRazor

Pokemon Master Since 1999
Years
Upon running "game.exe" using a fresh install of essentials, before reaching the new game screen, the game crashes and I receive this error message:

--------------------------- Pokemon Essentials ---------------------------
Script 'PokemonLoad' line 308: RuntimeError occurred.

scss

--------------------------- OK ---------------------------

When attempting to play test the game using the editor, the game crashes and I receive this error:

--------------------------- Pokemon Essentials ---------------------------
Exception: RuntimeError
PokemonLoad:308:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
DebugIntro:6:in `main'
Main:37:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main:15:in `mainFunction'
Main:15:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main:15:in `mainFunction'
Main:47
Main:46:in `loop'
Main:55

This exception was logged in C:\Users\Razor\Saved Games/Pokemon Essentials/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.

--------------------------- OK ---------------------------

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Ah that explains it, I have a different save from another copy of essentials since I'm working on two different projects.

Is there a way I can change what folder essentials saves games to?
Call your two projects different things. The folder the save file goes into is named after the game. In RMXP, go to Game>Change Title.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
The game may sometimes crash while using the Running Shoes while a Pokemon is poisoned. I have received the following error three times now when a Pokemon survived Poisoning as I was running, however this error does not happen every time.

Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonField:1077
PokemonField:1064:in `each'
PokemonField:1064
PokemonField:1059:in `call'
PBEvent:54:in `trigger'
PBEvent:49:in `each'
PBEvent:49:in `trigger'
PokemonField:1231:in `pbOnStepTaken'
Game_Player_:446:in `update_old'
Walk_Run:74:in `update'

I have yet to see this message when walking as opposed to running. But, this seems sporadic. It may be difficult to recreate...
It happened in the old version of Essentials as well, and before I had changed any of the scripts.

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
Years
Im haveing issues with the Trainers intro music overlapping the battle music. i fixed it before. i dont remember how to fix it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
The game may sometimes crash while using the Running Shoes while a Pokemon is poisoned. I have received the following error three times now when a Pokemon survived Poisoning as I was running, however this error does not happen every time.

I have yet to see this message when walking as opposed to running. But, this seems sporadic. It may be difficult to recreate...
It happened in the old version of Essentials as well, and before I had changed any of the scripts.
I've just tried it about a dozen times, but don't get that error. I can't see anything in the scripts that could possibly cause this. Please provide every single bit of information you can (where you were, which Pokémon were poisoned, etc.).

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Bluh, let's see.

Twice it happened when I was on the overworld of my game, which is a series of maps connected with the Visual Editor. Once it happened in a smaller, non-connected map. Each time I was on the same autotile (just because that tile/map network is the majority of the city-overworld).

I'm designing my game on two computers simultaneously (desktop and netbook)- transferring files back and forth (i <3 homegroups). I've received this error using both machines.

When I posted that message, it was a Pachirisu. I know the first time it happened, it was a Woobat, but I can't remember what was in my party the second time.
This last time it happened, I had three Pokemon in my party, and the other two were fainted- Pachirisu was the last standing and poisoned (rough battle. >>)
When I had Woobat, I had a full part of six, and there may have been one or two fainted Pokemon in the party, but Woobat was definitely not the only one alive.

I'll post full details and a screenshot if possible if/when it happens again. There's a lot of poison in my early game, so it's quite likely- I sometimes just make a note to myself to never run while poisoned, for this reason.

Years
I changed the textspeed from 2 to 3 in PokemonOptions. It works fine, but when a battle against a trainer starts and the message "X would like to battle" appears, you can press enter before the animation with the team pokeballs (The animation with the ballempty, ballstatus, ballnormal and ballfainted graphics, i can't describe it correctly) is done. As a result of this the game will hang up and display the message, that the script is taking too long and the game will restart.

I don't want to undone the change of the textspeed, so has someone a solution maybe? Thanks.

Edit: Well, I found some more bugs...

When you save at a map that has a weather effect (e.g rain) and start your game, the map has lost his weather effect (Even in the battle) until you refresh the map.

The game ignores when you choose "(None)" as the BGS of the map. It will continue play the bgs from the map before. Plus the bgm of a map with a bgs will beginning from the stratch when you are warping to a new map, even both maps has the same bgm.

Has two maps the self nightly-bgm, then the bgm starts from the beginning when you teleport between the maps.

When you call a trainer via the phone, the message show the textformats e.g \wt[10] etc. In other words, it ignores the formatting.

If you add two EndSpeech-Comments to a trainer, the trainer will say the second EndSpeech-Phrase instead the first after adding him to the phone. I'm not sure whether this is a purpose.

It's some of bugs i found and i think some of them are RPG Maker-related and not Essentials-related, but better too much reports than to little.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I downloaded the lasted version, instaled it and decided to test it and everytime I try to open the game.exe I get:

Script 'spriteresizer' line 149: Nomethoderror occured
Undefined method '*' for nil:nilclass

KingRazor

Pokemon Master Since 1999
Years
Getting an error after installing a "starter kit" with the kanto and johto region maps.

When I click play test, it asks if I want to add the trainer Bug_Catcher. Whether I say yes or no, the game crashes and I receive this message:

---------------------------

Message: undefined method `map_interpreter' for Game_System:Class

PokemonMessages:125:in `pbMapInterpreter'

Compiler:2878:in `pbTrainerTypeCheck'

Compiler:2890:in `pbTrainerBattleCheck'

Compiler:3819:in `pbConvertToTrainerEvent'

Compiler:2932:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'

Compiler:2927:in `each'

Compiler:2927:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'

Compiler:2922:in `each'

Compiler:2922:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'

Compiler:4038:in `pbCompileAllData'

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
If I were you I would remove pbTrainerChecker, I have and the different errors I had are gone... Its tottaly up to you though. X

Years
I changed the textspeed from 2 to 3 in PokemonOptions. It works fine, but when a battle against a trainer starts and the message "X would like to battle" appears, you can press enter before the animation with the team pokeballs (The animation with the ballempty, ballstatus, ballnormal and ballfainted graphics, i can't describe it correctly) is done. As a result of this the game will hang up and display the message, that the script is taking too long and the game will restart.

I don't want to undone the change of the textspeed, so has someone a solution maybe? Thanks.

Edit: Well, I found some more bugs...

When you save at a map that has a weather effect (e.g rain) and start your game, the map has lost his weather effect (Even in the battle) until you refresh the map.

The game ignores when you choose "(None)" as the BGS of the map. It will continue play the bgs from the map before. Plus the bgm of a map with a bgs will beginning from the stratch when you are warping to a new map, even both maps has the same bgm.

Has two maps the self nightly-bgm, then the bgm starts from the beginning when you teleport between the maps.

When you call a trainer via the phone, the message show the textformats e.g \wt[10] etc. In other words, it ignores the formatting.

If you add two EndSpeech-Comments to a trainer, the trainer will say the second EndSpeech-Phrase instead the first after adding him to the phone. I'm not sure whether this is a purpose.

It's some of bugs i found and i think some of them are RPG Maker-related and not Essentials-related, but better too much reports than to little.

In addition to these bugs I found an other bug:

In a double battle, when you want to use Potion from the bag to heal a pokémon, this screen happenes:

doublebattle_bug.png

A simple black screen, who you can choose the common commands (Battle, Bag, Pokémon, Run).

Edit: An another bug I found: On a wild double battle, you only hear the cry of one wild pokémon, not of the second too.

Edit2: A new bug: When a pokemon was caught and was automatically stored in the storage, his hp doesn't regenerate.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: SystemStackError

PokeBattle_BattlePeer:21:in `pbGetStorageCreator'

That's the error message I get after getting the option to choose a name for the new Pokemon I caught during a Safari session.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Here's a weird one, current to version 7.

tl;dr: In a double battle (alongside a registered partner) the enemy became frozen, and my partner ALSO stopped taking turns.

Exact conditions:
Player's Pokemon was Finneon (Swift Swim ability, and Rain Dance attack was in effect). Partner Pokemon was Lotad (unsure of the ability), and was the second Pokemon in his party.
Opponents' Pokemon were Magby (fainted) and Elekid, frozen from Lotad's (Nature Power) Tri-Attack.
After Elekid was Frozen, Lotad stopped taking any turns either despite being in good condition. No "___ is frozen solid!" messages were displayed for either Elekid or Lotad. It just kept giving Finneon turns, and eventually Rain wore out.

Minor oddity, but still a bug, methinks.

--------------------------------

EDIT: Got the poison/running error again.
Tonight's log:
Pokemon Reborn
PokemonField:1104
PokemonField:1091:in `each'
PokemonField:1091
PokemonField:1086:in `call'
PBEvent:54:in `trigger'
PBEvent:49:in `each'
PBEvent:49:in `trigger'
PokemonField:1253:in `pbOnStepTaken'
Game_Player_:446:in `update_old'
Walk_Run:71:in `update'
I failed to get the screenshot, derp, but here's my team at last save (only difference at crash was probably +1 level on Woobat/Poochyena)
Team:
Poochyena- Level 13 (Tackle/Howl/Sand Attack/Bite) <- This is what was poisoned, by a Wild Trubbish (Poison Gas attack)
Woobat- Level 15 (Confusion/Heart Stamp/Gust/Assurance)
Finneon- Level 15 (Pound/Water Gun/Rain Dance/Attract)
Bayleef- Level 18 (Razor Leaf/Tackle/Synthesis/PoisonPowder)
Grimer- Level 15 (Pound/Disable/Mud Slap/Poison Gas)

Was running on the same autotile as usual... In a fairly laggy map (I say lag, because I'm on a netbook- Most maps run fine, but if there are lots of water tiles/events or if it's near a connection, it'll lag. In this case, all three of those conditions were true.) I wasn't quite to the connection yet though.

...That's all I can think to say as far as details... I had been playing a while. Maybe that makes a difference...

Last edited:
Back