Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black 2 & White 2.

TrollandToad.com
Closed Thread

Old February 16th, 2012 (11:38 AM).
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Relaxed
    I have a few pokemon that I think might have edited EVs and If they are I wont wont to use them so: if they are edited, would it stop them from battling online?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 18th, 2012 (7:57 PM).
    Villain

Nature: Hasty
      I recently got a copy of Pokemon White at Target since I wanted to start over but my Pokemon were too precious. I got it on February 1st, to be exact. How does the pamphlet with the Lucario code look like (Pokemon on it) or what does it say. All mine says is nonsense about the Global Link.
      Old February 20th, 2012 (3:02 PM).
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious
      What's a quick way to make money (that's not the E4)? I just spent some $200K on TMs.

And I know about a) Big Stadium and Small Court, but they're usually too tough for me and b) the Abyssal Ruins, but I always tossed out before I find anything of value.

And I want a PM or I won't know you answered. I don't keep up with this thread.
      Old February 20th, 2012 (11:53 PM).
      stay off the hook
      • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quirky
      Guys, remember earlier in this thread I mentioned a Simple Beam glitch where it was colored black for an odd reason? Well today, I was training a Jellicent against an Audino and it happened again!

I can explain it a bit, the animation is normally a pink-yellow color but in this case the animation was black.

Do you think this is an odd glitch?

Cos both times it happened to me, I was training on Route 14 and I was using a Ghost-type against an Audino both times (Chandelure the first time and now Jellicent).
      Old February 20th, 2012 (11:57 PM).
      My life would suck without you
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Raichupacabra View Post
      I recently got a copy of Pokemon White at Target since I wanted to start over but my Pokemon were too precious. I got it on February 1st, to be exact. How does the pamphlet with the Lucario code look like (Pokemon on it) or what does it say. All mine says is nonsense about the Global Link.
      The pamphlet looks like this:
      Old February 21st, 2012 (6:04 PM).
      Who?
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
      I was wondering if the Masuda Method still worked on Pokemon Black and White

3DS Friend Code
      0946 2243 9665

Trade Reviews
      Click Here
      Old February 21st, 2012 (6:06 PM).
      Merry Scragmas!
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Bold
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by tabor62 View Post
      I was wondering if the Masuda Method still worked on Pokemon Black and White
      Yup it still works.
      ...although never worked for me but I'm just unlucky ;x

Your own very Pokémon story is about to unfold.
      You'll face fun times and tough challenges.
      A world of dreams and adventures with Pokémon awaits!

Old February 23rd, 2012 (12:09 PM).

Hi guys

I was wondering what would be a good team to fight in the battle subway.
        I'd like to earn some BP so I can buy the EV-enhancement items, which will speed up my EV-training.

I'm not good in building a team and I'm bad in creating a suitable moveset >.<

Thanks in advance

Nick
        Old February 23rd, 2012 (5:55 PM).
        Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Masuda Method Questions:
          -I have a JPN Tyranitar. I am breeding it with a Ditto, trying to hatch a Shiny Larvitar. Will the Masuda Method come into effect? Because I've gone through tons of eggs, and no shinies.

-I have a French Charmander. Does the Masuda Method still work? Or does it have to be Japanese?

-Is there anywhere that I can catch a Pokemon with the ability Heat Body?
          Old February 23rd, 2012 (6:36 PM).
          ⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
          • Crystal Tier

Quote:
          Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
          Masuda Method Questions:
          -I have a JPN Tyranitar. I am breeding it with a Ditto, trying to hatch a Shiny Larvitar. Will the Masuda Method come into effect? Because I've gone through tons of eggs, and no shinies.

-I have a French Charmander. Does the Masuda Method still work? Or does it have to be Japanese?

Don't know much about the Masuda Method but I can answer your last question. Assuming you mean Flame Body, Litwick and Larvesta are two that contain the abilities and are found within Unova.

wisdom cries. paired to Cay & Exile & Sombra
          Old February 23rd, 2012 (6:43 PM).
          Merry Scragmas!
          • Crystal Tier

Quote:
          Masuda Method Questions:

Going to answer the other two then!

Yes the Masuda method works in both cases, just as long as it's a different language.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jaapstein View Post
          Hi guys

I was wondering what would be a good team to fight in the battle subway.
          I'd like to earn some BP so I can buy the EV-enhancement items, which will speed up my EV-training. :)

I'm not good in building a team and I'm bad in creating a suitable moveset >.<

Thanks in advance :)

Nick
          Sorry but you can't do that here, a much better idea is to head to in-game team help, make a team there and we'll help you make it more Subway-worthy. Otherwise it's against the rules to ask others to make teams for you. :(

Old February 24th, 2012 (12:02 AM). Edited February 24th, 2012 by -:-.

Hey all,

Would it serve an offensive pokémon more to increase it's base attacking stat or focus on the STAB bonus? More specifically, to ensure a higher damage output, which is more beneficial?

Lengthy damage calculators lose my interest moments in: as such, this example should help illustrate my question.

Adaptability Arceus-Dragon type using Outrage vs
            Pure Power Arceus-Dragon type using Outrage

Hey all,

Would it serve an offensive pokémon more to increase it's base attacking stat or focus on the STAB bonus? More specifically, to ensure a higher damage output, which is more beneficial?

Lengthy damage calculators lose my interest moments in: as such, this example should help illustrate my question.

Adaptability Rayquaza using Outrage vs
            Pure Power Rayquaza using Outrage
            Old February 24th, 2012 (12:29 AM).
            My life would suck without you
            • Crystal Tier

Quote:
            Originally Posted by -:- View Post
            Hey all,

Adaptability Arceus-Dragon type using Outrage vs
            Pure Power Arceus-Dragon type using Outrage

Hey all,

Adaptability Rayquaza using Outrage vs
            Pure Power Rayquaza using Outrage
            Both of those Pokémon are illegal but Pure Power is a wonderful ability. It could take Rayqauza's 438 Attack max to 876 without even holding a Choice Band.
            Old February 24th, 2012 (9:37 AM).

Sorry but you can't do that here, a much better idea is to head to , make a team there and we'll help you make it more Subway-worthy. Otherwise it's against the rules to ask others to make teams for you. [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry for the question, didn't know it was against the rules. I'm currently working on a team (im using the smogon pokedex to guide me), as soon as it's done I'll post it in that section of the forum.

Do you know any guide that explains how to build up a team? E.g.: how many (physical/special) sweepers do I need? How many (phys/spec) walls do I need? And last but not least: how to build up a moveset? I didn't find any of those guides on this forum (or I overlooked them).

Thx in advance

Nick
              Old February 24th, 2012 (2:07 PM).

Quote:
                Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
                Both of those Pokémon are illegal but Pure Power is a wonderful ability. It could take Rayqauza's 438 Attack max to 876 without even holding a Choice Band.
                My apologies for the duplication...

In other words, the base attack multiplier is more beneficial than the STAB bonus of Adaptability?

Thanks
                Old February 24th, 2012 (10:16 PM).
                OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
                  Quote:
                  Masuda Method Questions:

It should still work with any foreign pokemon regardless of them being french or not. Even with the Masuda method there's still a very low chance of a shiny being hatched (I beleive around 1 out of a 1000 with the MM).
                  Old February 24th, 2012 (10:52 PM).

When can't X Speed be used in battle i.e. types of battles, in-game vs wifi, etc?

Thank you
                    Old February 24th, 2012 (11:45 PM).
                    Merry Scragmas!
                    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jaapstein View Post
                    I'm sorry for the question, didn't know it was against the rules. :) I'm currently working on a team (im using the smogon pokedex to guide me), as soon as it's done I'll post it in that section of the forum. :)

Do you know any guide that explains how to build up a team? E.g.: how many (physical/special) sweepers do I need? How many (phys/spec) walls do I need? And last but not least: how to build up a moveset? I didn't find any of those guides on this forum (or I overlooked them).

Thx in advance

Nick
                    Well there's no actual guide really. It depends on the playstyle you're aiming for, pretty much. If you're going for balanced... then having at least one physical/special sweeper is a good thing since you can hurt things that'd otherwise not really be hurt by those attacks (aka Skarmory versus Blissey). Something to set up hazards can also come in handy, as well as a supporter in general (aka Blissey or whatever you use to use Wishes and so on). Generally something with priority helps and then a Pokemon to tie them all together. PC doesn't actually have any guides along those lines, but when the upcoming improved guides do go ahead that kind of stuff could probably be included. As for movesets, generally things that'd cover your weaknesses. For example, Reuniclus. Psyshock/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/TR. First = STAB, second = cover your weakness to ghost and allows you to hit other psychic types, third = covers steel which you otherwise can't hurt much and dark types which your other two attacks don't do anything to. And finally TR so you can outspeed all your opponents. So really with building movesets you want maximum coverage against things that are commonly threats to you.

Either way these sort of questions are probably best suited to Competitive Battling Center's Simple Q&A, since this thread is mainly for help with things in-game and not really how to build teams and the terminology.

Old February 25th, 2012 (10:37 AM).
                    Peace For All

does anyone know if theres a way to change my pokemon name on B/W without it having a nickname?
                      Old February 25th, 2012 (12:03 PM).
                      ⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
                      • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by J1KTheGamer View Post
                      does anyone know if theres a way to change my pokemon name on B/W without it having a nickname?
                      The only way you can change your Pokémon's name is through the Name Rater (or catching a Pokémon and nicknaming it when it asks you to). It's called a nickname but your Pokémon is stuck with it throughout everything so it's practically its 'name' anyway.

Old February 25th, 2012 (12:08 PM).
                      OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                      10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Kaori View Post
                        The only way you can change your Pokémon's name is through the Name Rater (or catching a Pokémon and nicknaming it when it asks you to). It's called a nickname but your Pokémon is stuck with it throughout everything so it's practically its 'name' anyway.
                        To add to this in case you don't know where the name rater is: He's in Castelia city in the street north of the central plaza. He's in one of the building in the left side of that street.
                        Old February 25th, 2012 (12:51 PM).
                        Peace For All

i know about the name rater and stuff i just want to know if i can change the name after i allready catched it and it does not have one
                          Old February 25th, 2012 (12:56 PM).
                          ⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
                          • Crystal Tier

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by J1KTheGamer View Post
                          i know about the name rater and stuff i just want to know if i can change the name after i allready catched it and it does not have one
                          Yes, that's the whole point of the Name Rater haha.

Old February 25th, 2012 (1:57 PM). Edited February 25th, 2012 by -:-.

What are examples of unresisted movesets?

Thank you

P.S. Might I nudge your sights upward to my other unanswered questions lol. Contrarily, might I elicit a more apt response in other threads i.e. those more relevant?

Thanks again

Additionally, which combinations provide overall coverage? Not simply in theoretical terms as Fire/Ground is considered complete but does not phase Aerodactyl.
                            Old February 26th, 2012 (3:41 PM).
                            Peace For All

does the natures have any effect over a pokemon? for me they seen to do nothing...just exist and a bounch of ppl on the forum seem to be picky with the nature
                              Closed Thread

Quick Reply