Speculation Galar Region Anime Discussion Page 7

Started by hotsushi-kun February 27th, 2019 6:28 AM
  • 155 replies

Ash

Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
13,399 posts
11.1 Years
Yeah none of the information that we know so far really screams 'something that i could bring to the anime thread' quite yet!! Perhaps when there is a character I think that could become one of Ash's companions will I have something to say. 'Til then waiting until the official announcement of the Galar anime is th enext best bet.

RileyXY1

Male
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
228 posts
3.1 Years
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but after seeing how successful Detective Pikachu was worldwide and how well the 22nd Movie has done in Japan, I worry that the Shield & Sword saga might end up being the first saga of the show that's produced using CGI.
That's what I fear as well.

RileyXY1

Male
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
228 posts
3.1 Years
There's also this tweet from Takashi Shinohara, who has worked with the series as an animator since BW.

https://twitter.com/takashi11290141/status/1159462853616627713?s=21

When translated, he says that he had a blast working on SM, and SM fans might not accept the SwSh anime, and it is fine for them to accept the new series at their own pace. We might be looking at something somewhat different than SM.

Ash

Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
13,399 posts
11.1 Years
I doubt that they'll be changing to CGI for Pokemon. If anything there will be another style change, but keep in mind that a lot of SM fans seem to be more of a fan of the fun series, which could imply be could be going back to a series that is more XY again? Shrug it's kinda vague but i mean every series has have fans needing to 'adjust' to it so I would just take that with a grain of salt.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight

Female
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
99 posts
13.5 Years
I hiiiiiigy doubt the show will go fully CGI, Japan still loves and respects 2D animation and Pokemon is/was very careful about nit shocking the audience with the switch to digital (applying a filter [“applying gauze on purpose” they called it] to make the digital animation look like scanned traditional cells in AG, slowly easing it up later when audiences got used to it)...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-12-09/why-does-pokemon-look-so-different-now/.109646

They have been practicing using CGI for effects dince Battle Frontier, butmore than that, I don’t see it!
“Your most important friend is not here right now, but please aim for that promise and that same dream.
No matter how small your strength is, even to the point of helplessness, please believe in the day our promise will be fulfilled.“

✨⭐️✨
Advertiser Content