• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]A New Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I'm curious on how we're going to go to Opelucid City, if at all. Since the path to get to Opelucid is frozen and even then, the exit from the cave to get to Iccirus City to get to the path is frozen too. :I

There is that little path in the grass though, but it wasn't accessable in BW, so it's not likely that we would be able to cross it, though, that sole chuck of ice next to Opelucid looks interesting.

If you look really closely, there's a small ident in the chuck of ice that looks like an opening. Maybe we'll be able to explore it as a cave?

Clacla

karp karp karp
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'm curious on how we're going to go to Opelucid City, if at all. Since the path to get to Opelucid is frozen and even then, the exit from the cave to get to Iccirus City to get to the path is frozen too. :I

There is that little path in the grass though, but it wasn't accessable in BW, so it's not likely that we would be able to cross it, though, that sole chuck of ice next to Opelucid looks interesting.

If you look really closely, there's a small ident in the chuck of ice that looks like an opening. Maybe we'll be able to explore it as a cave?

It would be interesting if you could go to the frozen areas, and its the towns underneath, but uninhabited other than Pokemon, or something.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
WHAT IF THERE WAS A TIME FREEZE???

Really, it would be funny if GameFreak used the ice to point out something else that may happen in the game (like a time freeze), and it doesn't actually have anything to do with being a cover up or being literally frozen. Maybe that part of the region has been frozen in time, and time doesn't pass at all, until things are fixed with Kyurem.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
But Kyruem has nothing to do with time. how would they be able to explain that? xD
Unless Kyurem's ice is SO powerful that it can freeze time itself, which is just...yeah.
I'm still thinking that the region is actually frozen, but still what COULD they be hiding if it weren't? One more building on a map that we would need a life size replica of the map in order to notice it? What would be the point, saying "oh look new subway"? The whole map for one feature? Why not just that one spot?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
But Kyruem has nothing to do with time. how would they be able to explain that? xD
Unless Kyurem's ice is SO powerful that it can freeze time itself, which is just...yeah.
I'm still thinking that the region is actually frozen, but still what COULD they be hiding if it weren't? One more building on a map that we would need a life size replica of the map in order to notice it? What would be the point, saying "oh look new subway"? The whole map for one feature? Why not just that one spot?
Maybe GF made it such a large cover up so we wouldn't expect anything different underneath. If one or two areas were frozen alone, we would all speculate on only that. But there's so much more to speculate with that whole part of the region being frozen. So perhaps it's a purposeful thing?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ I agree, there must be something else going on with the map...they mentioned it was frozen for a reason in the magazine, if it was cover up that would be disappointing...then again they have hyped things before...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Maybe GF made it such a large cover up so we wouldn't expect anything different underneath. If one or two areas were frozen alone, we would all speculate on only that. But there's so much more to speculate with that whole part of the region being frozen. So perhaps it's a purposeful thing?

Oh it definitely has a purpose or else they wouldn't allow our minds to travel so far and quickly about this. OR AT LEAST I HOPE SO.
But we'll never know for sure until they actually reveal what the heck it's all about.

Years
So the ice is meant to make us raise our expectations for new areas? Well it seems to be working on some of us... I just hope it's worthwhile like new gyms, a battle frontier,ect.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
So the ice is meant to make us raise our expectations for new areas? Well it seems to be working on some of us... I just hope it's worthwhile like new gyms, a battle frontier,ect.

That's what I'm guessing. But I'm also guessing a lot of things about the ice. lol
Though, my main theory and I will stick with this until proven otherwise, is that the ice is actually in the game, not just ON the artwork to cover for something.

Years
^ I would like the ice to do both, being made by Kyurem as a shield away from Humans who may threaten it like Plasma did with the dragons. While at the same time there are new areas we can access after the ice starts to break.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I'm sticking with the Ice in-game theory too, as I really want to scale these glacier mountains and/or explore underthem via Subway.

Or, better yet, the Ice isn't touching the ground, rather, it's above the cities, replicating a roof of some sorts. Kind of like a boundry so the people inside can't leave or something. Thus suiting with Kyurem's title, The Boundry Pokemon.

Years
I'm sticking with the Ice in-game theory too, as I really want to scale these glacier mountains and/or explore underthem via Subway.

Or, better yet, the Ice isn't touching the ground, rather, it's above the cities, replicating a roof of some sorts. Kind of like a boundry so the people inside can't leave or something. Thus suiting with Kyurem's title, The Boundry Pokemon.

That's what I thought too when I first saw the ice on the map. The ice being over the clouds could be symbolic of just how high up the barrier/walls are.

Years
asdf.png

I don't always post on pokecommunity, but I just wanted to give my two cents. I think it would be safe to say that the ice is just a coverup. After looking at the iced map I do not believe that I saw the town with the new water gym leader. Also I took the liberty of making a comparison with the two maps of Unova. I neglected to circle that fact that Castelia City has more boats in the harbor, whether that is relevant or not i am unaware. ENJOY!
If you look there appears to be a new island under the ice around where Undella Town would be. Abyssal Ruins resurfacing, perhaps?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
If you look there appears to be a new island under the ice around where Undella Town would be. Abyssal Ruins resurfacing, perhaps?

My favorite town in the game and I actually missed that. Huh. Well that's exciting!
I'm wondering if yeah, maybe they did surface! I mean, it's been two years, a lot can happen, ruins can surface,e specially considering how many currents ran through that place.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I'm actually curious where the Pokemon League would be. If my boundary theory is correct, it would stay in the same location. If not, I have a feeling it will be in that dried up circle area (Entralink was the name, iirc?)

Unknown Trainer

The one and only! =)
Years
asdf.png

I don't always post on pokecommunity, but I just wanted to give my two cents. I think it would be safe to say that the ice is just a coverup. After looking at the iced map I do not believe that I saw the town with the new water gym leader. Also I took the liberty of making a comparison with the two maps of Unova. I neglected to circle that fact that Castelia City has more boats in the harbor, whether that is relevant or not i am unaware. ENJOY!

I really like that you pointed out the differences of the maps there. As for me, in my opinion I think the ice is just a cover up. Although, maybe the reason for the cover up is because GF isn't done editing the map the whole way yet? :o
Think of it as a sneak peek for what they gave us now but they could TOTALLY change the east side of Unova in just 2 months.

Years

That actually makes sense as the sea level drops with the more ice there is like in the last ice age, so perhaps the drop in sea level caused by Kyurem's mini ice age is causing the ruins to rise forth again.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm actually starting to wonder, now that i go through my game again:
Maybe the new map is putting in some details the original map discluded? Like the ships in Castelia are pretty accurate when you consider events and whatnot. As for the islands right next to Undella, I semi-remember there being a few land masses AROUND the spot where you dove out in the water. The two islands to the southwest, wasn't one of those Liberty island? Weren't both accessible via event somehow? Plus the airplane on the runway I think IS Skyla's giant cargo plane.

Years
it would nice to have the other regions in this game after your done with the ice. its kind of sad that we have all this cool new stuff in the ds games but are so limited to where we can go...(aside from the g/s remakes) they could structure it to wear giovani would be like 60lvl or so and the elite 4 in kanto would be uber awesome. providing a serious end game challenge.

idk how the level structure would be for the other gyms outside of the region but a seriously improved game is long over due from gamefreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back