• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] [T] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Frozen Gate [*Burp*]

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Frozen Gate

(Click image for artist)

GMed by Kikpanther and GastlyGibus​

The world is vast and full of mysteries. In some parts of the world, humans and Pokemon live together in harmony, accomplishing great things and forming powerful bonds of friendship. In other parts of the world, Pokemon are nearly absent, leaving only humans and their civilizations. Yet also, the opposite is true, for in other parts, humans are nowhere to be found, and the Pokemon live amongst themselves...

Welcome to Glade Springs!

Greetings. My name is Matilda, the Guildmaster's assistant for Glade Spring's Explorer's Guild. Before we get started, let me explain a little about us. The Guild takes any requests from Glade Springs and Meowth's Port and provides many services such as lost and found, rescue missions, and exploration. The Guild's exploits are well known and several rescue teams have come and gone, rising to fame and inspiring the next generation of young ones to make their own mark on the world.

This is where you come in. You can be one of the many new recruits of the Guild. Your reasons for joining are your own; perhaps you seek great fame and fortune or have a burning desire for adventure in your heart. Whatever your reasons, you may undertake an apprenticeship wherein you will be examined to determine if you are fit for the rigorous duty of being an explorer. After all, it's a dangerous world out there. It wouldn't be right to send you off unprepared, now would it?

Many opportunities lie in store for you. Friendships, rivalries, victories, defeats, and much more. What kind of adventure will you have?

YOU

Hey, everyone! And welcome to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: The Frozen Gate! This RP will try to stick as closely to the PMD games as possible. The biggest difference (other than lack of AI) is that in this rendition you will not be playing as a human turned Pokemon, but a Pokemon dreaming of being an official member of the Glade Springs Explorer's Guild. The RP will open up with the players already registered into the Guild. They won't be considered full members yet, but they won't have just joined either. This helps us skip a few basic interactions and jump right into the plot! (For the most part, anyways). I think it will also allow your characters to have prior relationships with each other, so please, try your best to collaborate! Other than that, if you've played the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games before, you have a good idea of how the plot unfolds. If not, feel free to ask me or Gibs any questions you might have.

We will try to take community suggestions as much as we can, so if you have a cool idea once the RP starts don't hesitate to ask us! We could add it into the plot! ;) Other than that, general critiques are fine. This is my first time GMing so if you think something could have been done better please tell me!

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Leveling

All Pokemon will be level 10-15 at the start of the RP. If you want your character to be higher levelled you will need to talk it over with the GMs. Leveling up will be handled behind the scenes by the GMs so you won't need to keep track of experience or anything of the sort.

Evolution is permitted in the RP when the character reaches the appropriate level. It is, of course, up to the RPer to decide when they want to evolve at that point.

Moves

For Moves, one egg move is permitted. TMs/HMs are purchased at a high price at shops. If you want a TM/HM you need to have a good explanation. TM/HM moves can be found throughout the RP otherwise. If your character can naturally use a move such as Fly you do not need to use that for one of your moves.

RPers can start with up to six moves. From there they can continue gaining moves without forgetting old moves. Like the games, a Pokemon's moves can become stronger with use. However, we'll leave deciding that up to the RPers and through judgement calls by the GMs.

Basic Attacks do exist in this RP and they do not need to be counted in your moveset. A Basic Attack is an attack used by a Pokemon that isn't in their moveset and/or is a move that can be learned by a Pokemon. Basic Attacks are always weaker than normal attacks.

Items

Items found in the RP will be determined by a random generator before being applied to the RP. Like in the games not all items can be found in dungeons and not all items can be bought. Likewise, if you want to sell an item, not all items can be sold. The prices of each item are based on Gates to Infinity or earlier based on documentation on Bulbapedia.

Since items appearing in the dungeon can't be done quite like the games, a number of items will be randomly generated and then selected for that floor. When the players enter the floor the list of findable items will be shown. Players can collect items during their time on that floor at their leisure. We just ask that players please try and be realistic when finding items. These are dungeons so you're not likely to find everything right next to each other!

Encounters

For the most part, we're sure that RPers will generate encounters between them and other Pokemon while walking around in dungeons. However, if we feel that not enough battles are taking place we may use another random number generator to determine whether or not a Pokemon appears.

Dungeons

Dungeons can have anywhere from 1-5 floors (7 if we're really being sadistic) that the RPers must travel through. The dungeons and dungeon floors will be randomly generated once entered. Unlike the game, players will have a full view of the map, but they will still have to find the stairs.

Forbidden Pokemon

This is a list of which Pokémon you may not choose as a character.

Spoiler:

We'd also prefer if everyone have different Pokemon, but it is not a requirement.

Judging

SUs submitted to this RP will be judged on quality before being accepted. However, don't fret! The requirements aren't hard! We really want to see that the characters are at least partially developed before going on stage so we require that you meet a few criteria in your SU in order to get in. The SUs submitted to this RP must follow the 321 Rule!

What is the 321 Rule? Not much. You can write your SU any way you want to (as long as you follow Community guidelines), however, we want to make sure you have these few things in your SU before doing so. Your SU will need to at least have 3 good things, 2 bad things, and 1 like/dislike/quirk when describing your character. Really nothing too bad. However, there have been problems with this in the past so we're going to clear up some basic things in the spoiler below.

Spoiler:

We will be waiting about a week to a week and a half before doing nudging. Until then we may help potential members to the RP with their SUs if we see anything is wrong.

SETTING INFORMATION

PMD%20Map_zpsepkkhujx.png

Map Details

Spoiler:

Glade Springs Town Resources

Spoiler:

APPLICATION INFORMATION

All applicants to the guild must submit the proper paperwork. What would an organization be without… well, organization? Please fill out the form below and submit it to the Guild Headquarters for approval.

This RP will take 2 more players! Characters may go by a unique name or their species name.

Accepted Players List
Spoiler:

Glade Spring's Explorer's Guild Application*​

Name: _______
Species: ______

What makes you a fabulous new addition to our team?

___________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________________

What weaknesses do you have (and not just type weaknesses!) that we might need to know about?

____________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________

Ability: __________________

Moves: __________________

What special skills do you have? If you don't think you have any don't hesitate to visit the Scrap Pit!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________

By signing this form I, (Your Signature Here!), agree to abide by the laws of Glade Springs and uphold the Explorer's Guild Code of Conduct! If I am chosen, I will treat my position as a Rescue Team Member with pride. I understand that I am a role model to many 'mon while in this position and vow to treat all others with respect and establish myself as a Guild Member with both compassion and integrity.

I also agree to 1) abide by the guidelines set forth by the Explorer's Guild Guildmasters (GMs) Kikpanther (Head GM of the Global Explorer's Guild), GastyGibus (Assistant GM of the Global Explorer's Guild), and Samuel (Local GM of Glade Spings), 2) refrain from manipulating or "godmodding" other 'mon's actions whether they be team member, civilian, or villain, 3) allow my fellow team members equal representation by giving them time to speak (or post) before giving my own reply, 4) make sure that I attend to my responsibilities as an Official Explorer at least once a week unless given an extention from a GM, and 5) always keep in mind the laws in legislations of The Greater PokeCommunity and take full responsibility for my actions if I break one of these laws.

Thank you for applying to Glade Spring's Explorer's Guild! We can't wait to see you out here exploring with us. If you have any issues, questions, or concerns about your application before or after you're accepted, don't hesitate to ask!

I hope to see you once you're accepted!

Hue Homemaker

Hubert Homemaker
Mayor of Glade Springs

*SU's do not have to be written in this format

Last edited:

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
N.B. I need to check if prior discussions are still okay for Zoe to be Level 17 given her already-existing experience.

"Honestly, we'll be better off if we leave the chumps at home. I could handle this by myself with all four paws behind my back!"

Name: Izola ("Zoe") Megeris
Species: Zorua
Notable Appearance: Zoe wears her forelock of fur draped low, which covers her left eye. Furthermore, she keeps a large collection of explorers' scarves attached to her current one. She's usually fairly hesitant to explain how she got all of them. Other than that, she is a perfectly normal Zorua in every way with absolutely nothing out of the ordinary about her.
Personality: Zoe is many things; toxic, abrasive, combative and overall, she is not a very pleasant person to know. She actively attempts to eschew almost any kind of relationship with others and will in fact insult or belittle others with little to no provocation whatsoever, although she does at least understand the concept of respect - and Zoe's respect can be earned, although it is not easy and is still belligerent and challenging.

Her opinion of herself cannot be described as modest; in fact she considers herself to be unappreciated at best and an outright ignored gift to the world at her worst. She is always the first to see the worst in anyone else and quick to assume dishonest intentions - although it does make the Zorua somewhat difficult to fool, it only exacerbates her normal lack of interpersonal skills and the Zorua is hardly any more polite to anyone who holds authority over her - in fact, it makes no difference how reasonable an authority figure is towards her, she will rebel against their control simply for the principle of it, which lands her in hot water more often then not.

Of course, Zoe is not entirely unjustified in her ego; especially in terms of guile and cunning - the wily fox will make plans up on the fly and usually prefers to find alternative solutions to problems than brute force. Even more surprisingly, she is actually quite protective of those around her, sure it's because she sees some kind of monopoly over tormenting them, but still. She doesn't want anyone else hurting her property. Furthermore, she even has a warped way of pushing those around her hard. She presents everything as a challenge and rising to it is a great way to knock her down a peg - not exactly an undesirable thing either, given her inflated ego can often use a little letting down.

She is notably quiet about her history, not that she particularly has anything to share. She is quick to inform people that she has been adventuring since the age of fourteen and she ran away from home in order to chase that life. Her family is known to be somewhat large - the Megeris family having six siblings of Zoe's generation of which she is the youngest, yet she claims to also be the strongest and smartest among them.
Current Known Moves: Pursuit, Taunt, Fake Tears

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
Name: Aria
Species: Clefairy
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves: Disarming Voice, Sing, Pound, Encore

Appearance: Aria is a shade lighter than other Clefairy, like the shiny variation, though has regular coloured ears.
On the bottom of her left foot, Aria has a birthmark. It is a vibrant dark blue, in the shape of a elongated loveheart.
Personality: Aria is quiet and supportive of her teammates. She wants whats best for them, favouring their benefits over her own. She would even sacrifice herself if it was the only way, happy knowing she was able to help her teammates.
Aria is shy and outspoken. She will let others finish before speaking, always agreeing with whoever is taking charge. The few times she does speak up is when someone in the team, apart from herself, is being ignored or mistreated.
Aria is happy and nice in private conversation, focusing on the person talking to her more than herself. She doesn't like talking about herself, as it seems selfish to her. She enjoys interacting with others and helping them.

Reasons for joining: Aria has a passion for collecting ribbons and cloths, though only if no one else desires the items she does. Collecting her hobby, proud but not boastful of her moderately sized ribbon collection. She hopes to collect more ribbons, while also interacting with and helping others.
Special skills: Aria is a team player. She wants whats best for her teammates and tries to make it fun for everyone.

Kikpanther

Years
It's up above!

You may have seen this (because I edited it just a few minutes ago) but if you haven't then jsyk this isn't a real judging. We're holding off on all that for a good week or so and until then helping people with their SUs so when judging time comes around we can do some easy accepts! ;)

So I'm gonna do a pre-judging for your SU so you can make the necessary edits:

Spoiler:

You've got a great base for your character so far and I really like where this is going. Keep it up! :)

Also, I may not have made this clear before, but the special skills section is not for extra traits about your characters (though it can be for that). This is a skill they may know based on what is available to learn in Scrafty's Scrap Pit which can be found in the Town Resources spoiler. If you don't list any then we'll just assume your character doesn't have a skill yet.

Years
Name: Technically doesn't have one, but prefers to go by Machlah.
Age: Even it doesn't know. Longer than most other Goletts, that's for sure.
Gender: Neuter; it doesn't care much about gender. Its voice is heavily distorted after years of operation, so what it sounded like originally is anyone's guess, and Machlah's forgotten by now anyway.
Species: Golett.
Notable Appearance: Due to the ravages of time, Machlah has become a uniform pale, washed-out blue color. One of its eyes (the l-shaped one) is also a bright green, rather than the usual pale yellow.
Personality: Machlah is… eccentric, to say the least. It constantly talks using idioms and metaphors that often don't make sense, and often mutters to itself about this, that, and the other thing, though the most popular topic is often "young whippersnappers." It also has a habit of collecting ancient relics, like an old coin, or a potsherd. It says that it's because they remind it of home. However, Machlah has a soft spot for "youngsters," and will often go out of its way to protect them. It's also possessed of a huge amount of wanderlust, making the occupation of an explorer perfect for it. Due to its fear of death (or "deactivation"), Machlah is very cautious; only the safest paths, towns, and dungeons will do. Some of the more dangerous dungeons are fine for it if it's not by itself, but if it's alone then it's sure to only stick to well-traveled roads.

As for other Pokemon, Machlah is very talkative and friendly, with a favorite subject being its many travels and travails. Someone who ends up earning its ire will probably be subject to a very long, winding, pointless tale about something or other. It has a bit of a habit of talking to people as though they were its equal, even if they happen to be their superior or something like, say, a Legendary Pokemon. This lets it get along well with other Pokemon, but it also may not endear it to others.
Moves: Defense Curl, Mud-Slap, Rollout, Shadow Punch.
Ability: Iron Fist.
Level: 15.
Dislikes: Getting old (because it means falling apart), getting sand in its joints, people who disrespect their elders.
Skills and Strengths: Machlah has picked up several skills throughout its long life, including Sharpshooter. It's also very good at surviving in hostile environments, due to its long life of wandering, and isn't a bad cook either, despite not needing to eat or drink. You'll have to remind it what's poisonous and what's not, though.
Weaknesses: Machlah is incredibly afraid of death, to the point that even the thought of being KOed makes it uncomfortable. (One might even say it's deathly afraid.) In addition, due to its advanced age, its reaction times aren't quite what they used to be, and it's prone to occasionally losing vision in its green eye. Machlah says that the issue is because of its creator being a "little showoff" and wanted Machlah to be different from the other Goletts, but whether or not it's right is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Years
It's right there, cuh.

So Machlah is cool. I always like it when the older generation participates in the RP and with a Pokemon like Goelette it can be done really well.

So things about your post:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Also AN ANNOUNCEMENT: I was informed that I originally said players can have six moves but then shortened it to four for the RP. I'm going to fix that. Players are now allowed to have up to six moves at the start instead of four. If you need to edit your SU, please do so.

Last edited:

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Hey guys. G.G. here. Since Brendan14's Sign-Up brought it to my attention, I just thought I'd touch on the topic of Shiny Pokemon.

There is nothing disallowing players from making a shiny pokemon as their SU. If you want to, go ahead! I'm all for it. However, the only thing I ask is that you not make a shiny simply for the sake of being shiny.

What I mean is, being a shiny pokemon in a world of pokemon would kind of be like having albinism in the real world. People are going to react differently to it, and that should be reflected in the character. For example, you could say that your character was bullied and picked on as a child for being shiny, or "different" from their peers. Maybe they were made fun of for it a lot and it made them shy and timid. Or maybe the opposite happened. Maybe their shiny nature made them extremely popular, and everybody wanted to hang out with them. Thus they might have gotten cocky and arrogant, thinking they were awesome. Something that affects their personality and how they view the world.

So, just as a friendly notification, shinies are A-okay, so long as it's not done solely for cosmetic appeal. Have it impact the character in some way!

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I'm putting the SU in a spoiler because it makes it more tidy, there's nothing about Star Wars in there I promise I haven't even seen the film I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD because I'm not all that fond of going to the cinema it's weird and I'd have to take a day out to commute and everything and the food's really expensive even though I like popcorn but I can just like make some myself I guess and it'd be cheaper just to watch the film at home because the cinema tickets are probably more expensive too and on top of that I can watch it again if I want to on DVD but with the cinema it's just a one time thing and you'll never be able to watch it again using the same tickets you paid for but I don't know maybe that's just me not being so fond of the experience I mean it's nice and all but not really sure if it's worth it for the money.

Hey, what was that I said earlier about making stuff more tidy? :P

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Evyl

t r a g i c
Years
You may have seen this (because I edited it just a few minutes ago) but if you haven't then jsyk this isn't a real judging. We're holding off on all that for a good week or so and until then helping people with their SUs so when judging time comes around we can do some easy accepts! ;)

So I'm gonna do a pre-judging for your SU so you can make the necessary edits:

Spoiler:

You've got a great base for your character so far and I really like where this is going. Keep it up! :)

Also, I may not have made this clear before, but the special skills section is not for extra traits about your characters (though it can be for that). This is a skill they may know based on what is available to learn in Scrafty's Scrap Pit which can be found in the Town Resources spoiler. If you don't list any then we'll just assume your character doesn't have a skill yet.

Isn't sacrificing yourself a negative? I don't think I explained it right, but that definitely is a negative trait. I don't know how I can say it affects her anymore than I already have. Additionally, her timidness is a weakness as it means she won't be able to speak up for herself.
I have not mentioned how she views herself. Thank you for the feedback there, I did not mean to make my application confusing by leaving it out. I would say she doesn't view herself badly, just values others more than her.
I did not understand that about the skills section. I apologise for entering the wrong thing there.

Kikpanther

Years
Isn't sacrificing yourself a negative? I don't think I explained it right, but that definitely is a negative trait. I don't know how I can say it affects her anymore than I already have. Additionally, her timidness is a weakness as it means she won't be able to speak up for herself.
I have not mentioned how she views herself. Thank you for the feedback there, I did not mean to make my application confusing by leaving it out. I would say she doesn't view herself badly, just values others more than her.
I did not understand that about the skills section. I apologise for entering the wrong thing there.

Not necessarily. Sacrificing your life for another is seen as a very noble act. People don't do it all of the time, but when someone protects another with their life there's a very positive association with that. Sacrificing your life for someone is only negative when the circumstances you're making the sacrifice for is negative. Maybe the person she'd sacrifice her life for wouldn't do the same for her (it's even more negative if she knows that but will still continue to do that). You'll need to explain more why her sacrificing herself for someone is bad thing.

I put down shyness as a neutral because it isn't really something remarkable. A lot of people are shy, but there are so many levels of shy that it's hard to say how much her timidity is holding her back. There are people who can get through shyness and others that can't. I wasn't sure how bad it was based on your SU. I may have overlooked the "always agreeing with whoever is the leader" thing as a bad thing, but I wasn't totally sure how far you were taking that. Since you said that she'll speak up for someone who was mistreated I figured there would be limits to her agreement that wouldn't make it all that bad.

I think the problem here is more just emphasis on Aria's traits rather than you not providing the information. The best way to expand on these things is to give examples of the trait or go into more detail about them. You could say that Aria would agree with whatever the leader says, even if it goes against her own morals. You could also say that Aria puts others over her so much that there was a time where she catered to the needs of a friend even though her needs weren't being met at all. And the skills thing is fine, don't worry about it. X)

Kikpanther

Years
Oh no! Don't say that. You have the skill to make this character work. This isn't as hard as you think. We can talk more about this via PMs.

Kikpanther

Years
Awesome changes, Tojin! If you can think of more things it would be awesome to see more of Machlah's personality expanded. Either way, you've met the 321 rule. :)

It was also pointed out to me by RPers who shall not be named (but metaphorically side-eyed and threatened) that there is some inconsistency in your SU in terms of Machlah's pronouns. No biggie, just something you'll have to take care to catch! ;)

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Sigh. I have free time. I shall join. I shall join and get an idea out. Cause I have free time.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years

250px-331Cacnea.png

Caz Verbeck

Species:
Cacnea

Appearance:
Caz doesn't really have any noticeable differences from other Cacnea, but he does wear a tattered, purple bandana.

Personality:
Caz is a bit of a trickster and a clown, but can be down to earth when the situation calls for it. He likes to live for the moment, to see the sunset and endless blue skies. Optimistic, care-free and passionate. Though, he can sometimes be a bit of an idiot, from putting his foot in his mouth, to occasionally saying something that can have multiple contexts. This also leads to pissing off 'mon pretty easily, getting into even more fight.

Not only that, but he can be quite impulsive. Given that he likes a good fight, he'll never say no if challenged. This is both a show of his personal confidence, and moments of his reckless demeanor, both good and bad in Caz. If his friends are crossed or even attacked, Caz would immediately want to settle the score of whoever offended him. Though through it all, he's still as brazen as ever, able to endure any embarrassment with a smile. And if possible, a pun.

All of that being said, Caz can sometimes be a bit of a flirt, especially towards female Pokemon that match his Egg-type. As he grew up, he not only grew the desire to help others, but he became more and more of a hot-blooded romantic, falling for countless cuties that he met in his travels. Caz went head over heels for Bellossom, swooned for Whimsicott, and was left breathless by Lilligant. Put simply, he's a hot-blooded lover, a joker, and a 'mon with the will to help anyone in need. But, if there's a damsel in distress, you'd know Caz would be there first.

Lastly, Caz has a personal ritual he likes to perform at the crack of dawn. He loves play a song on a grasswhistle, with a song he was taught during his time with his family. It was given to his as a parting gift when he left to his own "flow."

Caz was raised by a travelling community of gypsies. He met many different Pokemon from many different walks of life. Though he never was able to venture outside of the typical path his caravan travels each year, Caz still saw much more than other 'mon his age. Nurtured, and loved by his mother and father (both of which are Cacturne), he was taught about the philosophies of the gypsies he lived with. That philosophy was, "Go with your flow." These gypsies had their own flow of The gypsies travelled to various villages each year, selling wares, trinkets, and providing entertainment with dancing, and live shows. He picked up his love for clowning and trickery from his fellow gypsies, so much so that he learned to play the jester. The one thing however, that really stuck with him, is the feeling to help other Pokemon.

Sometimes, the gypsies Caz rode with would meet up with exploration teams. Sometimes it'd just be an exchange of goods and information. And others, the gypsies would just put on a show for the explorers. Caz was told of heroic tales of rescue, and discovery. Caz always loved travelling, and wanted more than anything to join the exploration team. He loves seeing the smiles of other 'mon, and wanted to do so on a greater scale, outside of his gypsy family. He was met with support, and left with the warmest of wishes.

Ability:
Sand Veil

Moveset:
Poison Sting, Needle Arm, Sand Attack

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
This is a placeholder until I get on my laptop!

20120_714-0.png
Kyd
Lvl. 13 -- Infiltrator
Screech/Supersonic/Tackle/Leech Life/Gust/Bite

What do you look like?
Kyd is very much like any other Noibat. He takes great pride in his appearance, keeping his fur well groomed and his ears clean. However, as any Noibat his age, he does have his fair share of nicks and gaps in his wings. Nothing that effects his flight, of course, and nothing that would get anything more than a blink at but adventuring and siblings does take its toll.

Kyd is ultimately a positive being, wishing in the best of people and often self-assigning himself the role of cheerleader or motivational speaker. He's not necessarily a leader, but an avid follower who believes in the success of others. Kyd strives to be the best team member he can be and help others do the same.
As the eldest sibling of nine, Kyd also does well at maintaining the health and welfare of others. Not a trained medic, Kyd carries around all sorts of supplies on his own adventures: bandages, spare food and water, healing berries among other things. He would stay behind for an injured team mate and would make sure the team is well prepared before facing any kind of challenge. If you're feeling tired, talk to Kyd. He's patient, and sure to help.
Not only is he encouraging and caring, but carries with him his own courage. Kyd is willing to take on a fight to protect his teammates. Of course, he's smart enough to know if a challenge is too much for him but he will stand strong if it means the protection of his friends.

What weaknesses do you have (and not just type weaknesses!) that we might need to know about?
Kyd can be, at times, naïve and quick to trust others. He believes in the best of people and it wouldn't be hard for a meaner kind of Pokémon to take advantage of that trust. Not that Kyd isn't smart or easily gullible, just trusting in those he sees as his friends, or potential friends.
Kyd can also be stubborn and a little of a know it all. The the eldest and carer of his other siblings, Kyd has had to be firm to his word, especially when it comes to the welfare and safety of others. A lot of that 'caring' has seeped over to people other than his family and Kyd can be hard to move once he has made up his mind on the best way to tackle a situation. If you challenge him, he won't fight and if you take another direction, he won't stop you and will eventually come help when you've obviously taken the wrong direction.

What special skills do you have? If you don't think you have any don't hesitate to visit the Scrap Pit!
Kyd believes himself to be an exceptional adventurer, a great healer but he has a keen interest for cartography. Although this isn't always helpful in Mystery Dungeons, where dungeons change every time, but when going on his own adventures, Kyd brings with him pencils and paper to map his route and help him push further. One of his favourite hobbies was to map his adventure out, and turn before it got dark, and then the next time he would venture out, he could reach his last point much faster than before until he could map out the forests around his home.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 17, 2016
Name: Palmer (Palmy)
Species: Aipom
Ability: Pick Up
Moves:
Covet (Egg)
Double Team (TM)
Sand Attack
Astonish
Tickle
Fury Swipes

Notable Appearance: Palmy appearance is that of a normal aipom with a deeper purple hue to his fur. He also has with a large bag that he carries with him at all time (not unlike a delibird). The contents therein are largely unknown, but can be safely assumed to be myriad bits, baubles, and the odd Gravlerock.

Personality: Palmy is a jovial, witty, light hearted individual. When with a team he is a loyal friend and companion. He is very much a rascal though, and enjoys practical jokes and sarcasm more than anything. This coupled with his proclivity for "finding" "lost" items can make him out to be quite the pest to others, but Palmy doesn't mind. In fact, not only has he developed a kind of immunity to the disdain and chastisement he garners from is antics, he revels in the attention. He's even known to go so far as to goad his victims into pursuing him, just for the thrill of being chased. But Palmy's not all pranks and mischief, he does know the finer points of the mantra "Sharing is caring!" however and uses his acquired assets to aid his friends whenever the need arises, he just wishes that people would share with him a little bit more.

Glade Spring's Explorer's Guild Application

Well for starters where I'm from you either had to be quick on you feet, have a sharp mind, a silver tongue, or be the toughest 'mon around if you wanted to survive. I was blessed with three of these things. I'll let you guess which one I don't have. No no no, take your time, I got aaaaall day... that's right. As you can see I'm about as tough as a Vanillite in a sauna, haha. But I have the wit, cunning and finesse to make up for it. Those street smarts and skills that I have not only kept me alive but are very applicable to the work of a Rescue Team. I'm extremely nimble, allowing me to both sneak past enemies or evade their attacks with equal ease. That paired with my ability to read situations and see through people when they're sayin' a bunch Tauros pucky makes me an ideal pick for any team looking to perform rescue missions that require a bit more skill than brute force.

You mean other than my crippling self image problems? Hahaha. All jokes aside there are some who would say some not nice things about me. Call me things like "THEIF!" or "MENACE!" or "MUK FACE!". You know, not nice things like that. Now it doesn't matter to me who says what about me. But I guess if you're asking I have to say I don't have the most, uh, sterling reputation in a lot of places. But they're just upset that they're so good at misplacing things. I mean if I was as adept at loss of property as they were when they were around me I'd be pretty upset too. I guess I'm thankful that I have the exact opposite problem, haha. Things just seem to gravitate toward me and before I know it, my handy-dandy lil' ol' nifty-keeno bag is filled to the brim with all manner of things. People are just jealous they don't have my luck I guess.

Wait what were we talking about…

OH YEAH! Weaknesses.

Um, uh… I don't like Ghosts? Too spooky for me to handle.

Well from what you've told me about the Scrap Pit it seems like I have what you would call the "Hit-and-Runner" skill. A what a very nifty skill it is. People just have a hard time keeping up with me I guess...

By signing this form I, Palmer, agree to abide by the laws of Glade Springs and uphold the Explorer's Guild Code of Conduct! If I am chosen, I will treat my position as a Rescue Team Member with pride. I understand that I am a role model to many 'mon while in this position and vow to treat all others with respect and establish myself as a Guild Member with both compassion and integrity.

I also agree to 1) abide by the guidelines set forth by the Explorer's Guild Guildmasters (GMs) Kikpanther (Head GM of the Global Explorer's Guild), GastyGibus (Assistant GM of the Global Explorer's Guild), and Samuel (Local GM of Glade Spings), 2)refrain from manipulating or "godmodding" other 'mon's actions whether they be team member, civilian, or villain, 3) allow my fellow team members equal representation by giving them time to speak (or post) before giving my own reply, 4) make sure that I attend to my responsibilities as an Official Explorer at least once a week unless given an extention from a GM, and 5) always keep in mind the laws in legislations of The Greater PokeCommunity and take full responsibility for my actions if I break one of these laws.

Thank you for applying to Glade Spring's Explorer's Guild! We can't wait to see you out here exploring with us. If you have any issues, questions, or concerns about your application before or after you're accepted, don't hesitate to ask!

Hue Homemaker

Hubert Homemaker
Mayor of Glade Springs

Last edited:

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Glade Spring's Explorer's Guild Application

Name: Matthew Blaze
Species: Machop
Level: 13

What do you look like?

Well, I look like other Machop. I've seen some when travling around with the others, and I look like them, though I work out a lot too, so I guess I have more muscle then them? One thing I do have is a head band! Bernard gave it to me when I first joined up. He said that a fire catcher needs to look the part, so it's red, like fire!

What are your reasons for filling out this application?

I really love the circus, but it's getting boring too. Bernard said that I could have a year off to have some fun on my own. I saw this at the port and thout I could join up. Bernard said it was okay to, and evryone else said so too. I want to difrent stuff. I also want to fight. I don't get to fight anyone in the circus, since it's aginst the rules.

Bernard says I'm very determned to get a job done. It's how I got into fire catching! I just had to work at it, but anyone can do it.

I'm very nice and I don't try to pick fights with anyone. Everyone likes me at the circus becaus of that.

I also like to entertane! I can fire catch and do some other tricks that Bernard taught me!

Um… well, I can write good and all, but the big words can be a bit hard for me to write out. And to undrstand. Bernard says I still have some yearning to do there, so maybe the guild can help me out with it?

I hate psychics. Like, really HATE!! They are huuuuge jerks! They always make fun of me and are not nice, so I don't think I'll be okay if I'm forced to help one of them out. Could I just not help those guys out, and help out evryone else?

Sometimes… um, sometimes I hate to say that I don't undrstand things.. When big words are used and it's said so fast and everyone else undrstands, but I don't get it. Bernard says that I'm just embearaced about being slow on the uptak, whatever that means.

Oh, Bernard told me to put this one down. I really like girls. I'm not sure why that's a weakness, but he says it is.
(Hello there, Bernard here. I see that Matthew failed to explain further on this point, so allow me to do so in his stead. He's a very good lad, but his head can be in the clouds. Let me put it this way. He almost burned down a tent as he was fire catching because he, ahem, 'saw this cute Makuhita' in the crowd at one show. Suffice to say, if he ends up seeing a cute girl he may end up putting himself or an ally in danger. I know at his age boys can be infatuated easily, but he also needs to learn to keep his mind on the important tasks.)

Ability: Guts

Moves: Karate Chop, Fire Punch, Flamethrwer (Bernard taught me this one!), Focus Enrgy

By signing this form I, (Matthew Blaze), agree to abide by the laws of Glade Springs and uphold the Explorer's Guild Code of Conduct! If I am chosen, I will treat my position as a Rescue Team Member with pride. I understand that I am a role model to many 'mon while in this position and vow to treat all others with respect and establish myself as a Guild Member with both compassion and integrity.

I also agree to 1) abide by the guidelines set forth by the Explorer's Guild Guildmasters (GMs) Kikpanther (Head GM of the Global Explorer's Guild), GastyGibus (Assistant GM of the Global Explorer's Guild), and Samuel (Local GM of Glade Spings), 2) refrain from manipulating or "godmodding" other 'mon's actions whether they be team member, civilian, or villain, 3) allow my fellow team members equal representation by giving them time to speak (or post) before giving my own reply, 4) make sure that I attend to my responsibilities as an Official Explorer at least once a week unless given an extention from a GM, and 5) always keep in mind the laws in legislations of The Greater PokeCommunity and take full responsibility for my actions if I break one of these laws.

Hue Homemaker

Hubert Homemaker
Mayor of Glade Springs

Last edited:

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
I'm putting the SU in a spoiler because it makes it more tidy,

Okay, so let me just start off by saying I really, really liked your SU. It was funny, and creative, and I got a good laugh out of it!

Really, the only issue that your SU falls short of regarding the 321 rule is pros for your character. Your character has a good quirk (joking around and wearing that swag coat) and two bad things (Being lazy and too carefree) but as for skills, there's not much. I can see he's caring and good-natured, and occasionally can break through his amazing apathy to do something really neat, but that's only two. My only caveat is that he needs something that makes him exceptional. Just one thing that can contribute to the team. If you can do that, it'll be accepted no problemo!

Caz Verbeck

I love it. It's pretty much everything we needed in an SU. You've got good positive traits, good negative traits, and a good quirk. Everything works! Hopefully we don't end up fighting a beautiful lady, otherwise Caz might be too infatuated to do anything. XD

Palmer (Palmy)

Firstly, welcome to Pokecommunity! :D

Secondly, this is a pretty decent SU to start off with. He's got a good personality and some likable assets (as well as dislikable assets). He only falls just short of the 321 rule.

All that he needs is a tad more expansion. You've mentioned his good traits, his agility, swiftness and penchant for pickpocketing (both a good and bad trait) but as for negative traits, he only seems to have one in the form of crippling kleptomania. I'd like to see one other negative trait. Like, maybe he really dislikes getting caught? Or failing a snag? Something like that. Right now, it seems like there's nothing that can truly get under his skin. Even the most carefree person has that one thing that really irks them. Find that one thing, and we're golden!

Matthew Blaze

Haha, excellent Sign-up. It's clever. And Matthew's personality shines through perfectly. The only issue is a slight lack of skills. You mentioned he's good with fire and strong, which are both fine skills to have, but he just needs that one last thing. It needn't be a skill, even, perhaps just a personality trait he has, like being quick to befriend others or being always willing to help. Aside from that, it's pretty darn good. Just throw in one last positive trait and it's perfect. :D

Last edited:
Back