• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Defining wild Pokemon's held items?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2019
Is it possible to define the items a wild Pokemon may be holding when caught, and the frequency (or chance) that said Pokemon will be holding that item? (I don't want every single Pokemon to be holding an item).

Note: I am not talking about event encounters, so please do not send me there, I am talking about finding actual wild Pokemon in the field.

Diverscope

Pardon me
Years
Yeah, it's possible. All you have to do is to edit the Pokémon in the pokemon.txt pbs file.

http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Defining_a_species#Optional_information

Especially this part:

WildItemCommon
WildItemUncommon
WildItemRare

The internal names of items that a wild Pokémon of the species may be found holding. Each line can only list one item.
The chances of holding the item are 50%, 5% and 1% respectively. If all three are the same item, then the chance of holding it is 100% instead.

Back