• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Timejinx

The Pokemanic Jinx
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2017
I've tried every Ruby rom I can find yet I'm still getting the white screen. Is there an "exact" one I should be looking for?

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2021
hi im new and got 2 questions
1. is there a move tutor in this game? seems to me that you simply have no way at all to get a gengar with hypnosis without one.

2. how do u get Froslass in this game?

thx in advance :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2020
I'm not sure if this has any importance, but, Shaymin isn't listed as a Pokemon in the game. But, it is in Inhore Woods

Attachments

• Shaymin.PNG
    Shaymin.PNG
    9.6 KB · Views: 30

k0r

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
I'm stuck in Groment city, someone is blocking the gym saying the leader is out mining, I go to the mining area and the guy is blocking a cave saying go to the museum, I go to the museum and some guy is teling me I need a ticket? I'm stuck, please help me out.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've tried every Ruby rom I can find yet I'm still getting the white screen. Is there an "exact" one I should be looking for?
Well you should look for v1.0, that one works for the most of us.

I'm not sure if this has any importance, but, Shaymin isn't listed as a Pokemon in the game. But, it is in Inhore Woods
Yes, it is known.

I'm stuck in Groment city, someone is blocking the gym saying the leader is out mining, I go to the mining area and the guy is blocking a cave saying go to the museum, I go to the museum and some guy is teling me I need a ticket? I'm stuck, please help me out.
You should obtain that ticket somewhere, but I do not recall where...

hi im new and got 2 questions
1. is there a move tutor in this game? seems to me that you simply have no way at all to get a gengar with hypnosis without one.

2. how do u get Froslass in this game?

thx in advance :)
I don't think move tutor is there... maybe there is one if Wes did not edit that OW's script.
2. I think it evolves through happiness.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2012
i am in ricya city and i can't find snorlax and steelix. can anyone help me please?

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
After defeating Lauren league, how I can get Trio birds ?.
I can't come in Mt. Draken. It's blocked. :-??
I also find Kaohri, but I can't talk to him anyway, is that an error ?. :-??

i am in ricya city and i can't find snorlax and steelix. can anyone help me please?

Snorlax at route 508 - north of Kosaka city.
Steelix at route 505 with Soka - east of Kosaka city. :D

Last edited:
Years
hi guys, so I've just started playing Pokemon again and decide to try this one out yesterday. I've played for a few hours and I've just beaten the 3rd gym leader, i think her name was Esmeralda?

Anyway I was just wondering, is this rom still in beta or is it completed? It seems like it from the description on the first post. If that's the case then I'm kinda disappointed, the quality isn't what I expected if you compare to other top hacks out there. I've played many hacks found on this forum, ever since 2 or 3 years ago. This one however disappointed me, as there're a lot problems I can point out.

The first major problem is how repetitive it is. Pokemon itself is already quite repetitive overall, but this game just made it so much more repetitive in the first few hours. All you fight are either Bug or Grass type Pokemon. What's up with that? I have yet to encounter trainers that use a different Pokemon other than Bug or Grass types for the past 10 hours. Sure, there are a few that use different ones, but most of them use the same. It's as if the entire first 10 hours of the game forces you to choose Charmander as your starter, as it will work to your advantage. If you choose the other 2 starter types other than Charmander, then you're screwd and face boring battles every time.

The other problem is the dialogs. They're all the same, most of them at least. The storyline sucks, and it's not very clear and well introduced since the start. And when the storyline finally picks up, it doesn't even do a good job. I'm talking about the part where Team Steam steals the Red & Blue orb, and the gym leader (forgot her name) and a professor was there as well, I think they were kidnapped or something I can't remember properly.

Anyway, after you defeated Sheila, Team Steam then made their escape along with the two orbs. After they escaped, the gym leader and professor only spoke like 2 lines or so, and then pretended like it wasn't a big deal and just went off in their own directions. What the hell is up with that? In fact, the only people that cared were Ash and Red, where they were waiting outside the gym and tells you that they will be going after Team Steam. They weren't even in the building with you! This just doesn't piece together very well.

Lastly, there're a few small bugs that needed to be fixed. For example, when I received a Pokemon somewhere early at the start, the picture of the Pokemon didn't go away after I accepted it. I have to exit the building to make it disappear.

Anyway, this rom has the potential to become a great hack, but there're too many inconsistencies and bad storyline etc so I hope they will be fixed and improved in the future.

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
hi guys, so I've just started playing Pokemon again and decide to try this one out yesterday. I've played for a few hours and I've just beaten the 3rd gym leader, i think her name was Esmeralda?

Anyway I was just wondering, is this rom still in beta or is it completed? It seems like it from the description on the first post. If that's the case then I'm kinda disappointed, the quality isn't what I expected if you compare to other top hacks out there. I've played many hacks found on this forum, ever since 2 or 3 years ago. This one however disappointed me, as there're a lot problems I can point out.

The first major problem is how repetitive it is. Pokemon itself is already quite repetitive overall, but this game just made it so much more repetitive in the first few hours. All you fight are either Bug or Grass type Pokemon. What's up with that? I have yet to encounter trainers that use a different Pokemon other than Bug or Grass types for the past 10 hours. Sure, there are a few that use different ones, but most of them use the same. It's as if the entire first 10 hours of the game forces you to choose Charmander as your starter, as it will work to your advantage. If you choose the other 2 starter types other than Charmander, then you're screwd and face boring battles every time.

The other problem is the dialogs. They're all the same, most of them at least. The storyline sucks, and it's not very clear and well introduced since the start. And when the storyline finally picks up, it doesn't even do a good job. I'm talking about the part where Team Steam steals the Red & Blue orb, and the gym leader (forgot her name) and a professor was there as well, I think they were kidnapped or something I can't remember properly.

Anyway, after you defeated Sheila, Team Steam then made their escape along with the two orbs. After they escaped, the gym leader and professor only spoke like 2 lines or so, and then pretended like it wasn't a big deal and just went off in their own directions. What the hell is up with that? In fact, the only people that cared were Ash and Red, where they were waiting outside the gym and tells you that they will be going after Team Steam. They weren't even in the building with you! This just doesn't piece together very well.

Lastly, there're a few small bugs that needed to be fixed. For example, when I received a Pokemon somewhere early at the start, the picture of the Pokemon didn't go away after I accepted it. I have to exit the building to make it disappear.

Anyway, this rom has the potential to become a great hack, but there're too many inconsistencies and bad storyline etc so I hope they will be fixed and improved in the future.

I absolutely agree with you about that problems. This maybe a great hack, but it still has many problems the author need fix. Some bugs are still happening while we're trying playing.
The other problem I want to say is about the EXP base counter. Sometimes there're so many exp. points for a weak-defeated pokémon & not a lot of exp. points for a stronger. The money setup, too. I've defeated both leagues of game & I realized that the money that player can receive for a battle of E4 is so little. What will you think if you defeat a one of E4 & you only receive 1200 for that battle ??.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
FIXED -> Can done that damn Gym without Surf, just push down some button or something... Sorry ^^"

lol...............................................z

HM06: Found with Hiker in route next Seanport City.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2014
HM01: Found in Inhore City with Red.

its cut

HM05: Found in Marfeny Lake with LURE.

??

HM06: Found with Hiker in route next Seanport City

rock smash

HM04:Found with Black Belt in Enermy Town.

??

HM03: Found with Steven in Mt. Zhery.

??

Back