• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 10, 2017
can i try doing this with red and cubone?
this is my first challenge so how do i do this?

Smitty.

Forget who you were.
Years
Ultimates: National Dex

Due to making a new account, I'm going to be updating my ultimates in this post.

Just as a refresher: I plan on doing solo runs with every Pokémon, excluding B/W (for now). THAT'S ALL 493 OF THEM. This includes unevolved Pokémon, which, if you do the math, is 604 runs for the Pokémon in Generation One alone! A big task, so we'll see how things go...

Game Versions:
Blue / LeafGreen
Gold
Ruby
Diamond

So I plan on doing all Kanto Pokémon in Blue Version. With this in mind...

001 - FRED, the Bulbasaur
001.gif

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Years
176.gif
Ultimate Solo Challenge: Togetic
176.gif

leincludeinallposts.png

Fire Red
Part 3

Spoiler:

So Far:

96833172.png

89274648.png

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Finally, things get easier. Psycho evolved into a Metang shortly after the first Gym. Now begins the phase of plowing everyone out of my way. WOO! This includes the second Gym. Lenora put up a fight, but I ended up beating her on my first try. Even though Psycho was at 1 HP left. Next on the list is beating the tar out of Team Plasma people (Plasmites?) and then Arty.

Just a side note: both Bug type Gym Leaders (Bugsy and Arty) are questionable. Bugsy is a guy that looks like a girl, and Arty is... 'flamboyant'. Way to go, Nintendo.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Whoops, I got the name wrong. I meant Burgh. Don't know where Arty came from. I think it used to be what his name was translated to or something. Anyways, I beat him rather easily, seeing as Whirlipede was weak to Confusion and Dwebble was weak to Metal Claw. The only pain was Leavanny's Protect, which somehow worked twice in a row. In fact, that's happened to me three times now in this challenge. I call BS.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I got some time, lets do this. I think I'll go in order of type, and try to do them all. So, first up is Pidgeot. Now, as a wise scholar once said... Leggo.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
OK, let me rant a bit here. Elesa can be a real pain in the gluteus maximus without a Ground type attack. Volt Switch is just cheap, and her Zebstrika's Flame Charge is even worse, especially on a Metang. In general, she just haxes. Really hard.

But that's not the point. The point is that I got past her hax and beat her. Four down, four to go.

One more thing: I can't help but notice that the 'certified trainers' are only ever you and your rival/friends. I can't believe that no one else has attempted and succeeded at getting badges. Seriously. Come on Nintendo.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I got some time, lets do this. I think I'll go in order of type, and try to do them all. So, first up is Pidgeot. Now, as a wise scholar once said... Leggo.
and the monotypes keep gettin delayed, lol. That reminds me, I need to extend my solos to Unova...

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
OK, let me rant a bit here. Elesa can be a real pain in the gluteus maximus without a Ground type attack. Volt Switch is just cheap, and her Zebstrika's Flame Charge is even worse, especially on a Metang. In general, she just haxes. Really hard.

But that's not the point. The point is that I got past her hax and beat her. Four down, four to go.

One more thing: I can't help but notice that the 'certified trainers' are only ever you and your rival/friends. I can't believe that no one else has attempted and succeeded at getting badges. Seriously. Come on Nintendo.

Not entirely true. I know at least one Pokemon trainer in Red/Blue (I think this is the game) comments on how she just got a badge. Actually, i think its DPPt

and the monotypes keep gettin delayed, lol. That reminds me, I need to extend my solos to Unova...
Yeah, yeah. I'm working on getting back to them.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Not entirely true. I know at least one Pokemon trainer in Red/Blue (I think this is the game) comments on how she just got a badge. Actually, i think its DPPt.

Not really what I meant, but I understand what you're saying. I just meant how the plaques on the Gym statues only ever have your name and any rival names on them. You'd think they'd at least put something like "Certified Trainers: There's a long list of names here! At the bottom, you see [insert names of character and rival(s) here]." for the first Gyms and something like "Certified Trainers: There's very few names here! At the bottom, you see [insert names of character and rival(s) here]." for the final Gym or something. I dunno, it's just always bugged me that only the main characters are mentioned on these plaques.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Not really what I meant, but I understand what you're saying. I just meant how the plaques on the Gym statues only ever have your name and any rival names on them. You'd think they'd at least put something like "Certified Trainers: There's a long list of names here! At the bottom, you see [insert names of character and rival(s) here]." for the first Gyms and something like "Certified Trainers: There's very few names here! At the bottom, you see [insert names of character and rival(s) here]." for the final Gym or something. I dunno, it's just always bugged me that only the main characters are mentioned on these plaques.
Well then why dont'cha make your own game?

GStheHero

YouTube Battler
Years
020.gif

Game: Leaf Green
PKMN: Raticate​

- We start today by defeating the Team Rocket Grunt and receiving the Dig TM.

- Raticate and I defeat every trainer on Route 6.

- I listen to the PKMN Fan Club Chairman ramble so I can obtain the Bike Voucher.

- I receive HM Cut from the Captain and BANJO defeats Rival Iggy and all the trainers except one, as we lose on purpose so I can come back to see the truck later.

- I get Bulbasaur out of the PC and teach him Cut.

- BANJO defeats Lt. Surge and his trainers without a scratch.

- BANJO is now Lv35!

5BanjoafterSurgeBattle.png
6BanjoafterSurgeBattleAttacks.png

Raticate is a beast tbh. He'll probably be in the 80s by the end of this run.

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Well then why dont'cha make your own game?

To be honest, I actually tried this. I'm a decent mapper, but some of the scripting tripped me up. Majorly. I also could never figure out how to use other tile sets that people make. But I had a story planned, and a region, and all that. I just tried to do too much on my own. And I could never find myself a good scripter.

Of course, I AM going to college for Computer Science this fall... Maybe I'll get better. Who knows?

Darn it, now you've gone and sparked my interest in it again. I'll never get my solo runs done now! D:

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm still making progress. Somehow. Anyway, Clay is done with, but he was one hell of a guy to beat. Excadrill just wouldn't die, even when I taught Psycho Rock Smash just to get a move that was more than not very effective. But we got it done, and we're one more badge closer. Onwards to the next badge!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2012
Pancho the Spearow

Just started my Pokemon Crystal - spearow solo challenge.

I captured Pancho at level 2 north-west of New Bark town, I'm currently training him north of Cherrygrove.

After training Pancho, I stumbled upon another New trainer woh went by the name of Joey, He had a very strong ratata, Unfortunatly for him, I landed a critical peck on him, Costing him the match. After the battle, Pancho learned leer, He is now much more agressive, Is that a good thing? I'll find out later...

As soon as I came across a fork in the road, Mom called me questioning where I was, I told her I was going on a grand adventure, she was supportive,

FINALLY! I reached Violet city, I first went to the Pokecenter, Pancho was tired from the battles he had... After exploring a bit, I discovered a Gym, Coincadentily, A flying type gym, Similiar to Pancho, I realised I was too weak and needed to train, I stumbled upon sprout tower.

I realised the Pokemon at sprout tower were weak to Pancho pecking-abilitys, I continued climbing the tower...

I finally found the top floor, The Pokemon there where considerably stronger, although still weak to Pancho's increasing strength

At the top, I found the mean red-headed boy I encountered earlier in my travels... I chose to ignore him, I then battled the Leader of the tower, Li.

His pokemon also fell to Pancho

VinceLevi

Do A Barrel Roll!
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2015
I'm going to take an Ultimate Solo Challenge with Crobat. Unfortunatley, I'm stuck with a Golbat in Blue.

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
So I kind of took down Skyla and Bryce without really trying. My Metagross isn't overpowered, he's just, you know, 15 levels ahead of the game. Yeah... LOL

Anyway, all that's left is the 8th Gym, the E4, N, and then the E4 again plus Alder. And then I go to Nidoking! Almost 1/3 of the way done with completing my ultimate challenges. I feel INTENSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back