Advertiser Content

Sheep

Female
Cape Town
Online now
Posted 3 Hours Ago
25,910 posts
12.7 Years
Do you keep your battle animations on or off in the main series games? I keep mine on for the first playthrough and (usually) off for subsequent playthroughs, especially for early gen games, since it speeds battles up which I've already experienced. Especially true for challenge runs, which I do for the thrill of trying new things more than experiencing battle motions all over again.

pair family mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

MargatroidCA

Seven-Coloured Puppeteer

Male
Sinnoh
Online now
Posted 17 Hours Ago
25 posts
29 Days
Ooh I always like to keep the animations turned on myself, it feels weird playing through the games without them.
~ Touhou Project ~

Sydian

XIII

Age 26
Georgia
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
32,029 posts
11.3 Years
i keep them on. there are a few exceptions tho like the time i was playing platinum and had caught and evolved a male ralts and it took me forever to find him in the first place and my game psyducking froze so i had to spitefully restart and find a new ralts. i turned off animations for that + grinding him back to where the other one was before i lost him. annoying af

also any time i play DP, which is rare anyway, i turn off the battle animations. u kno why
fallen now is babylon the great
twitter | ao3

colours

past our yesterdays

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 10 Hours Ago
4,212 posts
14.2 Years
It never really crossed my mind to have them off, so I've always kept them on. :x I like seeing the animations, personally.

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
4,550 posts
10.4 Years
I always leave them on, as I never even bother to go into options to turn them off. It would be weird to not see moves do anything animated wise, you know?
Theme: Red
Pair: Green

Ash

L I A R

Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
13,200 posts
10.9 Years
After an initial playthrough I actually turn them it's a hassle enough for me to grind and having battle animations on just makes the process even slower and my super distracted brain can't handle that lmao
the world could be tricking you right now
and you wouldn't even know it

mod - smt - vpp - nerd

blue

gucci

Male
United Kingdom
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
21,040 posts
11.4 Years
always on. the battles just feel so empty and rushed with them off.

Zacian

Sword Dance!

Age 27
Male
Galar
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
1,281 posts
9.8 Years
I got weird'ed out when I turned it off once.
But I turn it off when I was playing Silver on an emulator because it's much faster to train since you can speed things up as well hah.
"We draw the sword with a clean conscience and with clean hands.."

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Online now
Posted 20 Minutes Ago
7,863 posts
8.1 Years
I like seeing the animations! By default they’re on for me.

But there have definitely been times where I’ve turned them off for grinding purposes. If I know I’m going to be fighting the same exact Pokémon for a long while and there’s no chance of seeing anything new, I’ll turn ‘em off and get through the battle as fast as possible.

Castform

Age 25
Male
Weather Institute in Hoenn
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
21,269 posts
6.9 Years
I don't think I've ever actually turned them off. I know it would speed up shiny hunting but it's just not something I've ever bothered with

Percy

Male
Asia
Online now
Posted 5 Hours Ago
2,845 posts
4.8 Years
its always off whenever I grind. turning it off for the whole game is just a wasted feature. the animations are like, the essence of battling hahaha.
Advertiser Content