• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Expand number of overworlds

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Yay!

That's so useful, I'll try to add it to my project, btw, I don't undersand why you removed "unk2".

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
Yay!

That's so useful, I'll try to add it to my project, btw, I don't undersand why you removed "unk2".

I've removed unk2 as it is unused and u16/s16 values are aligned to 2 bytes (0x00, 0x02, 0x04 etc) and (pointers are aligned to 4 bytes?) so if I had left unk2 in it the struct would have been 4 bytes larger due to padding being added, resulting in 256 bytes being unneccesarily added to SaveBlock1.

Last edited:
Years
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
I'm having a lot of trouble adding this. First all the sprites turn to Brendan and then there's all sorts of glitches. The code also seems out of date. Is there an updated version of this somewhere?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I'm having a lot of trouble adding this. First all the sprites turn to Brendan and then there's all sorts of glitches. The code also seems out of date. Is there an updated version of this somewhere?
All the sprites will always turn into Brendan.
You need to rebuild map related files, either by using make mostlyclean or using the touch command over the files inside data/maps/NameOfAMap on Linux.

Also yes, there is an updated version, Ghoulslash's.
https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/wiki/Adding-new-event-object-or-overworld-sprites#caveats

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Lunos, thanks for your response. So I implemented Ghoulash's system and was able to successfully make this work including the dynamic palletes. The only issue I have now is that the rain and fog palletes become all messed up (different colours) and the player character goes on top of the fog and other tiles instead of behind it

Last edited:
Back