• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith
Oak Town

Rosalyn nodded her cheeks getting redder and she knew Jimmy could see it which made her get more embarrassed. After Jimmy paid for his sunglasses and they left the Pokémart. Glad they were outside Rosalyn looked around to avoid looking at Jimmy. She was nervous that he would ask her what was wrong and if he did that she didn't know what she would say to him. But she was sure it would end up being awkward. She pulled out Belle's Pokeball and called out the Togekiss. Right away Belle flew in a circle around Jimmy with a small sad cry as if to say she was sorry.

"It's alright Belle, it wasn't your fault" Rosalyn said before glancing at Jimmy again feeling her face heat up more. "R-Right Jimmy?"

Genevieve Molyneux
Oak Town

Genevieve smiled and giggled as she heard Maxwell's stomach growl. She knew he was hungry and to think about it. She was too, but not enough for her stomach to growl to loudly. "Sure Ice Cream sounds great" she smiled watching as Maxwell sent Quillie to go find Wilson. Looking around Genevieve spotted a small ice cream parlor and she led him over that direction.

"We can get our Pokemon something to and then go find Brian" she smiled more and kissed his cheek. "it is starting to get late out, so lets make sure we try to find Brian before we head back to our dorms" she suggested glancing up at the sky as they got to the building.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent
Academy Grounds

Jimmy walked outside with Rosalyn, now sporting his aviator sunglasses. But he could see that Rosalyn still seemed uneasy about something. What was it? He didn't know. All he knew is that her cheeks were reddish and that she was avoiding eye contact with him. Suddenly, she sent out her Togekiss, who started to fly around Jimmy while letting out a sad cry. Rosalyn told her Pokémon that it was okay, that it wasn't her fault, and then turned to Jimmy.

"Yeah, sure, it's cool." he said, "Whatever...no problem..."

Well, it was certainly getting awkward. The rebellious-looking boy looked at Rosalyn and raised his eyebrow. And, for some reason, he felt a need, one that grew with every passing second. He had to ask his friend what was going on with her. He glanced at Kaida, and pulled out her Pokéball. Kaida looked at him with sad eyes before being turned into a red light and went inside of her Pokéball. Jimmy placed the ball back on his belt and looked at Rosalyn again.

"Hey, Rosalyn...can I talk to ya in private?" he asked.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Roxas Jaden Asakura - Outside the Pokemon Center

Roxas sighed a little, not because he was irritated, he was about to give her some more advice. 'Using the same attack can be handy sometimes, but not in this situation, are there other attacks Jello can do?' Roxas asked Alice with a nice smile.

Obilivio glanced at Jello. 'I'm sorry.' He said coldly but didn't ment it mean. Roxas glanced at his Lucario as he spoke pokemon language so Roxas couldnt understand him at all, but he decided to ignore it. 'Here, you can heal Jello with this.' Roxas trew a potion over to Alice.

'Hello chuck.' Jaden said with a grin as he waved with his little Pikachu paw. 'It's nice to meet you, chuck.' Luna bowed a little.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln used one of the towels the Academy gym provided to wipe himself down after the work-out. He always felt good after exercising, like everything made more sense. It was good to have gotten some time in with Siege as well, he really wanted to make sure the Geodude settled in well with him.

"Awesome workout bro. Let's call it a day here, yeah?"
"Dude. Geodude."

Linc nodded and called Siege back to his pokeball before grabbing his top and setting off for the dorms. A quick shower and then he could finally get his homework done.

Nika Valentine

Just what she had been hoping for, a challenge. Hopefully he would prove a more worthy opponent than the last, but his stammer certainly didn't suggest that he was a strong trainer. But a weak opponent was better than none at all. But what was that?

A Zorua?

Zorua were an extremely rare pokemon, even in their native Unova region. Just the fact that this boy owned one could mean he was more than he seemed. She had overestimated the last trainer she battled - she wouldn't underestimate this one. Holding the egg case and the egg it contained in the crook of one arm she reached into her satchel with the other, pulling out a mottled green and black Dusk Ball. Clicking the button once to expand it to its full size she nodded, light flashing off her square framed spectacles.

"I am. Name your battle conditions." She said. Just like Skye she would be straight to the point.​

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye

The boy chuckled to himself. This one had something to prove. There would be no fun to have here, just a serious go all the way. He could feel her thoughts churning like poffin mix. His stutter threw people off still it seemed. But did he look nervous? Did his eyes look unsettled? Nope. Win or lose, he was going to fight. Rama plopped on his butt and Skye pulled out a regular Pokeball. Well, Volca likely still had energy to burn... oh who was he kidding, the Larvesta had anything to burn.

"Two o-ohn two." He didn't care about subtlety or secrecy or the like this late in the night. If he was going to go at it with this chick, as Cameron would say, why not put on a show? He placed the Pokeball close to his mouth and whispered coolly. "Lih-histen." With that one word, he opened the Pokeball and let Volca burst out in a rush of fire. He had seen her expression when she had caught a glimpse of Rama. The idiot had preened of course but that was his job.

Skye smiled at his opponent and gestured politely. "Fih-hirst muh-move is yuh-yours."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

A Larvesta!

What were the chances that this boy had a Zorua and a Larvesta? Both pokemon were extremely rare in the Unova region and entirely unheard of appearing elsewhere. Sizing him up again she could see that he was confident, almost cocksure, going into this battle. She would have to be careful...

And a Larvesta, of all pokemon! It was unbelievable, a dual bug-fire type. As a bug type trainer it was one of the pokemon in the world with the best type match-up against almost her entire team. Faced with a Larvesta to battle left her with only one logical option, and so she returned the Dusk Ball to her bag and drew out a normal pokeball instead.

"You have some impressive pokemon." She admitted. "We'll just have to see how well trained they are."

With that she opened the pokeball and released its inhabitant. Eve, her own Larvesta, formed on the field opposite Volca with a small cry. Now it would just come down to which pokemon was stronger, and which trainer could handle the battle best.

"String Shot." Nika commanded, Eve firing lengths of sticky string at the other Larvesta. With no way of initially knowing which pokemon would be the strongest it was best to try and gain the advantage of speed right from the beginning. This was going to be interesting...​

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye

Rama snorted from where he sat, scratching his ear. "Probably not well-trained but psychotic is plausible." Skye hushed him and glanced at Volca. His Pokemon looked pleased. Another one pf his kind and he got to be the one to wipe it off the map. He tensed himself and nodded, watching the Sling Shot move closer. Then Skye clicked his tongue and Volca pointed his horns at the various strings, setting them aflame. Skye nodded quietly.

"Thu-hank you," he said softly. "Yuh-hours look struh-strong theh-hemselves." He watched Eve for a moment before whistling sharply. Attack.

Volca threw himself into the air. He wasn't very fast but he was excited. Speed didn't matter quite as much to him. He dropped, using Acrobatics to dance around in the air, headed towards Eve.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Isaac & Orion

Now the field was consumed in fire. Isaac honestly laughed at it. That desperation attack was literally going to back fire.

"Raizer flame wheel." Isaac shouted.

Raizer leapt up from under ground and spun in the air. He landed down in the flames, but they were sucked into his spin. Flash fire was activating. Now with Flame wheel super charged Raizer peeled out and rammed Jakio sending him flying into the nearby tree's trunk. Jakio recovered quick though and charged Raizer. He was done goofing off. He readied a dragon claw in each hand then double slashed Raizer. The move was annoyingly powerful, and Raizer fell to the ground instantly.

"...I guess that's that." Orion said returning Jakio, "It's gettign too late for a second battle. We'll have to do that another time. I'll see you later Isaac Deladius."

Orion walked off in silence from that point on.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Danielle Accola - Academy Cafeteria

Variety. It was the word Danielle heard as it rang through her mind. Maybe Mienfoo needed a lot more than just training. He needs more variety of his moves. He has more fighting-type moves...as well as a status move and Swift. Swift was Mienfoo's favorite move, till he learned Drain Punch back earlier. Danielle felt a sense of failure inside of her. She's been training Mienfoo since he was just recently hatched.

"I've been teaching Mienfoo how to be a true fighter. I was planning to buy some TM's but...I got kinda sidetracked with everything else." Danielle replied.

"What moves can your pokemon use? I have a few TMs I can lend if ya want." Mark offered.

As Danielle sipped some of her soda, she became quite interested. "Well, it depends on what moves they are. I think Mienfoo can learn them, as well as Ozzy and Sector." Danielle then tried to look for Ozzy, but she found him...still with Tyro and Able. She also noticed Roberto, Lucia's Scizor staring at Mark's Sableye, Snype. She turned to Lucia and asked, "Lucia, what's up with Roberto? He seems a bit...serious."​

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Rosalyn Smith
Academy Grounds

Rosalyn smiled to herself still blushing as Jimmy said no problem. Belle cried happily and nuzzled against his arm before flying in a circle around Rosalyn making the girl giggle. In a way she was glad she had sent Belle out because it seemed that Jimmy was distracted from asking what was wrong with her. Good thing too because she was starting to figure out why she kept blushing madly whenever she looked at him. "He's like my best friend...and I'm starting to like him...oh no what do I do" she thought with a worried sigh. She really didn't know what to do now. If her feelings for her friend were starting to change she could either act on it and make it awkward, or do nothing... still probably making things awkward. Though things probably already were awkward.

Rosalyn didn't notice when Jimmy sent Kaida back into her Pokeball, she was trying to avoid looking at him, that would either a) make the blush worse or b) he would ask what was wrong. But it seemed luck wasn't on her side because she heard Jimmy ask if they could talk in private. Rosalyn nodded and called Belle back into her Pokeball still not looking at Jimmy.

"Y-Yeah?"

Years
As Holly got off the boat to the academy,she started to think about what happened to get her sent here. Why would Amy send me here? Does she really hate me that much? As she was thinking these thought,her Xtransceiver rang. Speak of the devil, she thought. "Hey,Holly! Did you get there safely?",her sister said. "I hate you.",Holly said. "Goodbye.",she said as she hung up. Molly,her Munna looked at her trainer kind of worried.

Suddenly Lumina popped out of her pokeball. "Hey,what are you doing?!",Molly yelled. I need something to do! ,the Litwick said,running off towards what looked like a battle between two Larvesta. Molly poked Holly and gestured towards where the baby pokemon went. Lumina hopped towards the two Larvesta and attempted to shoot a weak Ember at them. Holly ran towards where her Litwick had run off to and grabbed her before she could do anything. Oh great, more people.,Holly thought. "O-oh,I'm sorry for Lumina. I barely got her...... Um....",Holly said kicking at the ground. Let's just hope these guys aren't like the others,,Molly thought,glaring at the two trainers. Holly's already been through enough. She rested on Holly's head,not willing to make eye contact with anyone.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye

The boy frowned quizzically as a Litwick suddenly shot in the line of fire. Hopefully it knew how to dodge. Thankfully Volca adjusted his Acrobatics, but didn't account for the girl suddenly rushing in and grabbing the Pokemon. Skye whistled sharply and Rama jumped in the way, knocking Volca to the side so he could still fight Eve. He gave the Litwick an irritable snort. "Geez... are you young or just an idiot? Don't jump in the middle of a fight like that!"

Nodding at Nika that they could still fight, Skye went to check on the girl and her Pokemon. "A-hare yuh-you o-okay?" Before she could answer, he gave the Litwick a frown. "Shuh-shame on you," he scolded the Pokemon. It would have been comical if he didn't look so disappointed. "Yuh-you could hah-have gotten yuh-your truh-trainer huh-hurt duh-hoing stuh-stuff like that. A-hand yuh-yourself tuh-too."

Then he sighed, clicking his tongue. Rama snorted and padded up to them, shooting Lumina an annoyed scowl. Even he knew young don't bring excess into your stuff. Skye waited for his answer patiently, one eye on Volca so he didn't hurt his opponent's trainer instead of the other Larvesta.

Years
Lumina just started to cry. "I'm sorry! I just wanted to have some fun.",she said. Don't cry,Lumina.... Um..,Molly said. "Don't cry. You're a big girl now",Holly said. Molly poked her and pointed at Skye. "Oh,um... I'm OK. I hope Lumina didn't disturb your battle."she said while looking at the ground. This guy's different from most of the people I've met.,she thought.
(This post would've been longer,but my post disappeared for some reason. XD)

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Jimmy Vincent
Academy Grounds

Okay, the time to ask had come. There were no Pokémon or people surrounding the two students, and Rosalyn agreed to talk in private. She was still trying to avoid eye contact with him, and her cheeks were still reddish, so there was obviously something going on with her. The question was, what was it?

"Ok, like, I noticed you're acting kinda weird, so," Jimmy said, "Mind telling me what's going on?"

Anyone but Jimmy could actually tell what was going on. Blushing, avoiding eye contact, it was kind of obvious. But not to the rebellious-looking kid with ripped clothing and messed up pompadour, oh no, he still had a lot to learn about the wacky world he lived in.

Alice Crenshaw

Academy Grounds

Alice's confidence seemed to drop for a second. She didn't know much else about Jello, as all the other moves Jello had would barely leave a scratch on Roxas' Lucario. She looked down, and shook her head, believing she had lost it.

"I-I'm sorry...I'm still...not used to it..." she mumbled.

Jello sensed that something was wrong with Alice. He glanced angrily at Obilivio and Roxas, and could feel power building up inside of him. An amount of power that he had never had before. He closed his eyes and, without saying anything, unleashed that hidden power he had onto Obilivio, firing an odd orange beam at him. Alice, suprised about this, looked back up, a tear standing on her left cheek.

"Oh, my! Jello, what was that?" she said, looking at her Solosis in awe, "That was absolutely awesome!"

"I...I dunno" he said telepathically to his trainer, "I felt this power inside of me after seeing you sad..."

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye

Rama scowled a little. "What's with the tears kid," the Zorua barked. "If you're gonna run in and be dumb, run in and look cool! If you're being taken down, you bite right back and give 'em all heck for doin' it! Don't cower from me! Get me! Show me you've got fight in ya." Skye patted his head warmly, telling him to relax. The Pokemon huffed and growled a bit before letting his fur fluff down to normal.

Skye gave the other girl a reassuring smile. "N-Nah, weh-we were juh-just stuh-harting. Cuh-come and wuh-wuh-wuh-hatch." He didn't step away, simply out of general principle, but he returned his gaze to the fight. "Lih-Litwick," he said softly. "Apuh-apoli-" He sighed, switching words. "Say suh-sorry to your truh-trainer nuh-hot me."

Years
"I'm sorry,Holly.",Lumina said to Holly,still sniffling a little. Meanwhile,Molly angrily turned to Rama,floating down so that she could meet him face-to-face. She's just a baby! You can't just challenge her to a battle!,she yelled. She floated back to Lumina and gave her a hug. I won't let the mean Zorua hurt you.,she said.

Holly just tilted her her head in a questioning manner. "You want me to come with you?",she asked,tears brimming in her eyes. "No one's ever been this nice to me before....",she said. Molly noticed this and snuggled up to her,looking like she was about to cry herself.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

What the hell is going on?

Her opponents Larvesta had managed to learn a flying type move before it had evolved and grown wings! This battle was going to be nowhere near even if her enemies pokemon had a super-effective move and she didn't. How was she meant to counter this, what was she going to do?

Taking a deep breath to steady herself and put her questions aside she thought logically about what she had seen. Eve, her own Larvesta, had taken quite a bit of damage from that Acrobatics attack. But judging from that attack alone, the two Larvesta were actually extremely similair in strength. Eve was perhaps just a shade stronger, but that meant absoloutely nothing if the moves they knew were in favour of the other pokemon.

Perhaps if sh-

"Hey!" Nika called out at the interruption of a young Litwick interjecting into the battle. Holding the egg case and its previous cargo tight to protect it from further indignities Nika glared at the pokemon and its apparent trainer. "If you haven't trained your pokemon yet, keep them inside their pokeballs!"

Fortunately the Ember attack was weak and hadn't gone very far, singing the battlefield rather than damaging the participants. How incredibly rude...

Turning her thoughts back to the battle at hand, Nika realised that if her enemy continued to use Acrobatics they didn't stand a chance. That only left the option of creating as much damage as possible, so that her second pokemon could finish the Larvesta off quickly and even the playing field.

"Take Down."

Eve nodded (as much as a grub can nod) and bunched itself up, launching itself headlong with suprising velocity at the other Larvesta.​

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye

Hearing Nika's cry, Skye scowled slightly. "Heh-Hey, suh-stop scuh-scaring them!" Rama snorted before turning his attention back to the Munna. Skye then gave Holly a cheerful smile. "Cuh-Course! Juh-hust reh-relax and ih-ih-it'll be fuh-fine." He heard the words Take Down and shook his head. This seemed like an all or nothing shot. Fair enough. It would be fair to meet her head on but...

Nah. He was too much like Rama. No playing fair. He clicked his tongue and whistled and Volca concentrated, releasing a burst of Psychic energy. He would still get hit but Psychic would likely slow down the headlong charge, hopefully weaken it. It was sure better than using Flamethrower right now.

Rama gave the Munna a roll of the eyes. "Yeah I was going to waste energy battling a baby who you should teach better. Nah, I want her to get me to back down. That doesn't mean hit me. Besides, babies fight all the time." He glanced at Skye's back, which was wiggling oddly. Then Pala sleepily poked her head out.

"Rama's noisy..."

THe Zorua looked sheepishly at the Cubchoo. "Sorry girly, we just had a case of young and dumb. Go back to sleep."

"No~" sang the Pokemon. "Skye's playing. I wanna play too!" She fumbled herself out of the bag and waddled over to her trainer. Skye smiled at his Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Nika Valentine

It knew Psychic too? What kind of Larvesta knew Psychic and Acrobatics? Clearly this wasn't your average trainer. Eve was going to be finished after this round of moves.

Eve hurtled directly through the Psychic attack, colliding head first with Volca before rebounding off, sliding across the field. The user of Take Down suffered a portion of the damage inflicted - and it tended to inflict quite a bit of damage.

"Can you continue?" Nika asked her pokemon, hoping to get at least one more attack out of the Larvesta before she was unable to battle. Unfortunately Eve neither responded nor moved, signalling her defeat. Sighing Nika readied Eve's pokeball to call her back, only waiting to see how Volca had fared from the attack.

((Sorry for stating that the attack landed, I just thought I'd help move us along a little. VM me if you'd like to edit and I'll happily do so.))

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
(No it's fine. I figured you would :D)

Skye

Volca slid back, knocked into Skye's legs. Volca shook a bit, wincing in pain as he scrambled to roll himself over. Skye didn't help him. He would get the prideful glower for three days if he tried that.Eventually the Pokemon righted himself and scuttled back over to the battlefield.

He was hurt... because really, Take Down sucked. However, his Pokemon was not the one who had been hit by a Flying-type move. So... despite the energy loss, his Larvesta seemed pretty okay. If not, well... Pala was right at his foot and seemed willing to go out there... even though she was like, a toddler.

"Play," she repeated steadily, looking excited. "Play and then have apples, okay Skye?"

"Mmhm," he agreed. It sounded like a good way to spend the rest of the night to him. Along with sleeping but well... it was the little things.

Rama meanwhile, was slightly sulky. He really wanted a fight. However, he was logically the worst one to go out there. Maybe Skye could get some TMs to fix that. That'd be awesome. Yeah...

Skye gave Nika a smile, having enjoyed their battle so far. "Reh-Ready?"

Back