• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Distrust (DR THH inspired game) Updated 3/28

Years
I AM DONE!

tumblr_inline_nvrndaMb8U1rtzl03_540.png

Fun Fact: Dangan Ronpa was originally going to be called "Distrust."

It's not really a crossover, but the plot's the same as the first two games… Well, more the first than the second… Anyway~

I was trying to think of idea for a Pokemon game… Whiiile playing Dangan Ronpa: Despair Girls. I Googled "Pokemon/Dangan Ronpa game" and got nothing. I thought that was blasphemes and I decided to create one instead.

Of course the first chapter is just a warm up chapter, but it doesn't mean that I didn't spent a whole lot of time into it. So I'm probably going to update this one chapter at a time.

The Plot
The plot of Pokemon Distrust is uh… Pretty much the same as Dangan Ronpa. Teenage students, all were selected to attend a "special" school for raising a certain type of Pokemon, and basically being a "prodigy" at it.

And then there's you. You were picked for reasons unknown. Perhaps you won the lottery among all of the teenagers ages 15-17 in Japan. Maybe you're special and you just don't know it. Who knows?

There's a problem with this school though. Everybody's trapped inside of it with no way to contact the outside world. They had their Pokemon taken away and they have to start fresh with a new one of their type. The only way out, is to murder somebody and get away with it.

TL;DR Summary: You're suck in a school, and the only way out is to kill somebody and get away with it.

So it's a murder mystery/detective game… Kind of like Dangan Ronpa, but with Pokemon sprinkled in it… The first chapter's pretty short, but it'll get a bit longer as I go, and a lot more interesting I'm sure. And I'll try to add more to the battling part of it… The official games aren't that long, so how am I supposed to make them any longer?!
I am planning on making the game at least two hours long, which is the average free RPG Maker game.

Features
There's two different versions of it- one that's censored, and one that's not. Of course I plan on drawing (or at least doing my best at it) some of the things where I just put a sprite over it instead, to make things more dramatic, but I don't want to waste hours of my time on something that nobody's going to be paying attention to. Maybe some other time.

Gen 5 Pokemon sprites, but Gen 3 overworld and trainer sprites (for now.)

Something that's not your typical Pokemon game. (But maybe your typical Dangan Ronpa game.)

Avatar faces by FoxRichards' FaceMaker! (Deviantart.) I thought that without them, the characters seemed a bit dull.

Triple Triad! =D

Voltorb Flip! =D

Dangan Ronpa and Persona music... Sooo when I was playing through the Dangan Ronpa series, I liked the music, but the music that plays while you're just walking around the school/islands/island got really dull, but the Persona music didn't do that to me, so...

Dating! =D

EV training spot

DESPAIR

Walkthrough!
Spoiler:

Progress Thus Far On the finished project
Minus a couple of pictures that I DID finish, but my laptop ate and never gave back, I'm finished! Until everybody finds a glitch that didn't happen when I played it... Yeah.

Known Glitches
Sometimes during free time, if you go into the kitchen, it will transfer you back into your room. I have no idea why this is, and I'm sorry if it happens to you... I think I fixed this though.
Um... This...
tumblr_inline_o4ru24s53m1rtzl03_540.png

Chapter 2 glitches
Spoiler:

Trying to get something from the left cart of the mart will crash your game. I'm just going to have to change the item because, eeeeven though it worked for me before, it's not working for me now. I think I fixed it? I could be wrong.
Towards the end story glitch(es)
Spoiler:

(Unspoiled)Screenshots:
tumblr_inline_nv9eusMIMO1rtzl03_500.png

Of course the characters aren't fully flesh out yet, but:
Characters (I recommend that you don't look at these yet)

Spoiler:

Downloads!
I think I accidentally destroyed both links. I only have the uncensored version now.

Uncensored version-
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w7b9zeu27zgo24s/distrust.rar

Kind of spoiler?
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Weazel

Writing posts he doesn't submit.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2018
Will comment as I go through, of things I like, things I find frustrating, etc.

1.) Got my Ditto, trying to find everyone. The map makes no sense. More clarification as to where doors are located would be great. Been through as much of the place as I can find and I still haven't met everyone. Not even five minutes of actual gameplay and I'm already getting frustrated.
2.) I can show off my amazing void-walking skill in the room leading to the swimming pool, the right wall does not exist.
3.) More overworld music variety would be great. I can only listen to someone singing about heartbreak so much before I get really tired of it. I suppose that's why the Pokegear jukebox exists, but having to go into it every few minutes to change the song messes with the flow.
4.) Interacting with the fridge causes it to bug out.

I have found and spoken to Masaru, Miki, Takimo, Takis, Hakuri, Ayame, Kokoro, Daiki, Miyako, Naomi, Kane, Yori, Yuuka, and Setsuko. I have no idea where Vangelis or Katashi are, and at this point I've bashed my head into too many walls and tried too many locked doors to care to look anymore. I'd love to continue playing, but without some help on that front I can't.

Years
Will comment as I go through, of things I like, things I find frustrating, etc.

1.) Got my Ditto, trying to find everyone. The map makes no sense. More clarification as to where doors are located would be great. Been through as much of the place as I can find and I still haven't met everyone. Not even five minutes of actual gameplay and I'm already getting frustrated.
2.) I can show off my amazing void-walking skill in the room leading to the swimming pool, the right wall does not exist.
3.) More overworld music variety would be great. I can only listen to someone singing about heartbreak so much before I get really tired of it. I suppose that's why the Pokegear jukebox exists, but having to go into it every few minutes to change the song messes with the flow.
4.) Interacting with the fridge causes it to bug out.

I have found and spoken to Masaru, Miki, Takimo, Takis, Hakuri, Ayame, Kokoro, Daiki, Miyako, Naomi, Kane, Yori, Yuuka, and Setsuko. I have no idea where Vangelis or Katashi are, and at this point I've bashed my head into too many walls and tried too many locked doors to care to look anymore. I'd love to continue playing, but without some help on that front I can't.

It's weird that you were able to find Kokoro, but not Vangelis, since they're in the same room. I think I know why though, and I hope that I fixed it. I can't remember where I put Katashi after you get your Pokemon, but it doesn't really matter. The person who you actually need to talk to is Vangelis. Everybody else is just filler. Aaand I don't think you'll have to worry about going through walls anymore. XD

I also added a couple of things to the game, like a radio thing(?) and directions on where to go to get around. The radio thing is just a quick add-on. I'm not gonna work too much into small details like that until I get done with the story of the game.
But thank you for bringing my attention to these things!

Weazel

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2018
Thank you for the quick response, and I'm sorry if I sounded like a douche in my last message. The signs make life much easier! By your message, I take it Vangelis is supposed to be in the kitchen. I'm afraid that he still appears to be missing!

uPIv00l.png

Update: Here's the screenshot!

Last edited:
Years
Thank you for the quick response, and I'm sorry if I sounded like a douche in my last message. The signs make life much easier! By your message, I take it Vangelis is supposed to be in the kitchen. I'm afraid that he still appears to be missing!

uPIv00l.png

Update: Here's the screenshot!
Fff... Alright, I think I may have fixed it NOW. If it doesn't work, leave the room and go back in. XD

Weazel

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2018
That did it! Vangelis has finally made his appearance! Now then, picking up where I left off...

5.) Would it be possible to give the Ditto Imposter rather than Limber? Though, cutting out the turn for Transforming might require a general rebalancing, seeing as the Ditto IS stronger than the other Pokemon to start.
6.) Is there any incentive to battling over hanging out? Is the experience necessary? We don't get a lot, due to the ten level difference starting out, but do our fellow students level up as time goes on?
7.) At my next stopping point, it seems like. Second visit to the gym, Monousra says its left something in our rooms. We get teleported back. Character won't leave the bedroom, won't interact with the bed, desk only mentions the tool box, doesn't interact with anything in the bathroom.
OgAAmFS.png

Years
That did it! Vangelis has finally made his appearance! Now then, picking up where I left off...

5.) Would it be possible to give the Ditto Imposter rather than Limber? Though, cutting out the turn for Transforming might require a general rebalancing, seeing as the Ditto IS stronger than the other Pokemon to start.
6.) Is there any incentive to battling over hanging out? Is the experience necessary? We don't get a lot, due to the ten level difference starting out, but do our fellow students level up as time goes on?
7.) At my next stopping point, it seems like. Second visit to the gym, Monousra says its left something in our rooms. We get teleported back. Character won't leave the bedroom, won't interact with the bed, desk only mentions the tool box, doesn't interact with anything in the bathroom.
OgAAmFS.png

1. I don't know. I don't really know how to make Hidden... I can't even remember what they're called. Anyway, I don't know how to put them in the games, but like you said, I would have to decrease the starting level by at least a couple.
2. Eventually, kind of...
3. Aaaargh! Why does the game work for me, but not for anybody else?! TwT I updated the game so it SHOULD work, but if it doesn't, just step on the lower left corner of your room.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I've kind of been err... Busy. I just finished a mission so now I'm typing over a cutscene.

Weazel

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2018
It's working now, thank you! Picking up where I left off once again.

8.) There does seem to be a slight issue with the scene after checking the box. While the music is playing I can't seem to leave the bedroom. Thankfully going into the bathroom and exiting back into the bedroom allowed me access to the hallway.
9.) After talking to Vangelis, he teleports away rather than walk into his room to go to the shower.
10.) Takimo and Katashi seem to be invisible in front of their doors after the hallway scene. Leaving the room and reentering makes them visible again, but I can't talk to them.
11. ) After the hallway scene, Vangelis and Kokoro are in the kitchen. Can't interact with either of them.
12.) After the hallway scene, Daiki, Takis, Takimo, Miki, Masaru, and Naomi are playing their introductory scenes again.
13.) Entering the gym after the hallway scene, it replays the scene where Monoursa leaves motivation in all of our rooms. I get teleported back, and while the box is still there, I can't interact with it again. I appear to have completely broken the game.
14.) Restarted from my save point, was able to talk to Vangelis in the kitchen this time, he played the scene where we introduce each other and tell what Pokemon we have again. Otherwise the world was the same as above. Stepping on the lower left corner of my room did nothing.
15.) Restarted the game completely. It seems like entering the kitchen is what causes people to respawn for introductions. Entering the Gym causes the motivation cutscene to play over and over again.
16.) This time I was able to talk to Kokoro in the kitchen. This ended up spawning two Takis, due to the above issue.
s7uzBqk.png

17.) After Takis ellipsising at me, I went and saw the motivation cutscene again. When I exited my room this time, things had progressed in the hallway. This allowed me to continue the game despite all the weird issues.

Story spoilers below!
Spoiler:

18.) I've hit my next stopping point. We're after the first trial. My character won't leave the room, as he's a bit tired. However, I can't interact with the bed. The desk is the same as always, and I can't interact with the box. The bathroom is uninteractable, as always.

Guest123123

^also came here to say that I can't use the bed after the events of the first chapter

Years
It's working now, thank you! Picking up where I left off once again.

8.) There does seem to be a slight issue with the scene after checking the box. While the music is playing I can't seem to leave the bedroom. Thankfully going into the bathroom and exiting back into the bedroom allowed me access to the hallway.
9.) After talking to Vangelis, he teleports away rather than walk into his room to go to the shower.
10.) Takimo and Katashi seem to be invisible in front of their doors after the hallway scene. Leaving the room and reentering makes them visible again, but I can't talk to them.
11. ) After the hallway scene, Vangelis and Kokoro are in the kitchen. Can't interact with either of them.
12.) After the hallway scene, Daiki, Takis, Takimo, Miki, Masaru, and Naomi are playing their introductory scenes again.
13.) Entering the gym after the hallway scene, it replays the scene where Monoursa leaves motivation in all of our rooms. I get teleported back, and while the box is still there, I can't interact with it again. I appear to have completely broken the game.
14.) Restarted from my save point, was able to talk to Vangelis in the kitchen this time, he played the scene where we introduce each other and tell what Pokemon we have again. Otherwise the world was the same as above. Stepping on the lower left corner of my room did nothing.
15.) Restarted the game completely. It seems like entering the kitchen is what causes people to respawn for introductions. Entering the Gym causes the motivation cutscene to play over and over again.
16.) This time I was able to talk to Kokoro in the kitchen. This ended up spawning two Takis, due to the above issue.
s7uzBqk.png

17.) After Takis ellipsising at me, I went and saw the motivation cutscene again. When I exited my room this time, things had progressed in the hallway. This allowed me to continue the game despite all the weird issues.

Story spoilers below!
Spoiler:

18.) I've hit my next stopping point. We're after the first trial. My character won't leave the room, as he's a bit tired. However, I can't interact with the bed. The desk is the same as always, and I can't interact with the box. The bathroom is uninteractable, as always.

Game, why won't you work for anybody but me?! I just wanted a few days to play Assassin's Creed, but you won't let me!
And there's still the DLC to go through, but since it's almost five in the morning, I'll just focus on this for the rest of the night... Unless I get bored and not at all tired.

8. The stupid box is supposed to turn that one tile off. I'll try something, but I doubt that it will work.
9. Yeeeeah.... The stupid NPC's won't go on other events, even if there's clearly nothing there, but I need those events in front of the door so I can't really fix this.
10. I have no idea why this is, but despite that, I think (hope) that I can fix it by doing something very simple, but probably not. I could try to fix it in a slightly more complicated way, but you would have to start all over from the beginning for that.
11. That doesn't make seeeense. It really doesn't. I have no idea how to fix the Kokoro thing. At least, not in a simple way. I'll do the slightly more complicated way when I get done with chapter 3... Which I'm not going to be continuing for at least another day.
12. They're not even supposed to be around. I think I can fix it, but I'm not positive.
13. ...You're not even supposed to be allowed to go back into the gym. I'll have to reverse some things, but thankfully it's an easy fix.
14. Vangelis isn't suppose to be in the kitchen at that poooint. TwT
15. I don't know what that thing with the kitchen is, but again, it's not even supposed to be possible to enter the gym after each cutscene that happens in there.
16. Ffff...
18. I know why this is. I closed the wrong event that closes during that cutscene. You're supposed to check your desk, right side, though this is also an easy fix.

Well, it's gonna take a while for everything to upload and what-not, but as always, thank you for bringing my attention to these things! I'll just edit the title to the current date (the 28th) when the bug fixes are done!

Weazel

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2018
Booted up my save point. This time I was able to leave the bedroom, go back to the trial room, and see the scene in response to the result of the first execution. Was teleported back to my bedroom, and was able to leave to do it all over again. The desk says the same thing it always has, can't interact with the bed.

Story spoilers below!
Spoiler:

Started the game over again. Still having the same issue. Also, I'm still able to enter the Gym and see the motivation cutscene again. However, the kitchen related issue seems to have been fixed.

Years
Booted up my save point. This time I was able to leave the bedroom, go back to the trial room, and see the scene in response to the result of the first execution. Was teleported back to my bedroom, and was able to leave to do it all over again. The desk says the same thing it always has, can't interact with the bed.

Story spoilers below!
Spoiler:

Started the game over again. Still having the same issue. Also, I'm still able to enter the Gym and see the motivation cutscene again. However, the kitchen related issue seems to have been fixed.
Alright. I went through the whole stupid game over again and fixed whatever problems I could find, so if there's anything that's story breaking I'll break. I don't know if I'm going to bother fixing small, unimportant bugs. If I do, I'll never get the next chapter done.

Weazel

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2018
Alright, seems to be working now. All my reports from this point on are going to be hidden under spoilers, due to referencing events from the first trial and onwards.

Story spoilers below!
Spoiler:

Seems to be that something isn't firing. The above mentioned NPCs are the only ones I can encounter.

Years
Alright, seems to be working now. All my reports from this point on are going to be hidden under spoilers, due to referencing events from the first trial and onwards.

Story spoilers below!
Spoiler:

Seems to be that something isn't firing. The above mentioned NPCs are the only ones I can encounter.
That's good! I was going to flip my shhhh if the rest of the story STILL wasn't working.

19. Oh... That... I must have forgotten to... So uh, before they got the names they have now, (which were all randomly selected using the "random name generator") I chose either names of characters that I've had for years, or names that kind of means the same as their type. Noel = Christmas, and there's usually snow during Christmas in most parts of the world. And ice. I did that so I wouldn't forget what person had what Pokemon. In fact, Yuuka used to be a boy, but I wasn't inspired by any designs given to me by another random generator (random anime character appearance) for boys, so I chose to switch genders.

20. I can't fix that. The NPC really doesn't seem to like walking over events for some reason. It's annoying.
21. That's... Weird. I'll be sure to add that to the list of known glitches.
22. That's also weird... I have no idea how to fix that...
23. Hopefully I know how to fix this one. I think I do, but I'm not positive.
Spoiler:

25. I think I was able to fix this one. Strange though...
26. Very strange...
27. Crap.
28. Also crap, though I think it's related to 23.
And it's possible that I forgot to include some people for the second free time. Whoops...

Err... I forgot to mention (in game) that after the game ends, I basically turn on the switch for the second free time, and nothing else, so there's bound to be some glitches after finishing the current chapter. ^^;

But as always, thank you so, SO much for supporting my game! I can't remember why I started. I just wanted to make a game one day, and I just enjoyed the crap out it, since it already combines two things that I love to do- writing and art! (Though I'm not very good at computer art, and I can't find my sketch book from college. It must have gotten lost in the move...)

Weazel

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2018
Of course! I greatly enjoy Phoenix Wright/Dangan Ronpa style games, and this one is quite fun!

So we're not able to go through chapter 2 yet?

Weazel

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2018
I tried restarting the game just to be sure it wasn't that save file.
Spoiler:

Weazel

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2018
Happy to see the new release! I'll restart the game and pick up where I left off.

29.) Might want to update the opening screen to say "Through Chapter 2" now!
30.) I like the addition of the rules poster!
Spoiler:

So I've been thinking, and now I've gotten to wondering, where does the game put its data? It's not in the extracted folder. I know that for sure because I've deleted that folder with each new release, and my save file has persisted. If the game is saving its data to a different part of my computer for some reason, one that I am not clearing with each download, the conflicting bits might be causing some of these odd issues I'm having. I have absolutely no experience in coding, so this is just a theory, but it would explain my save's persistence, and the fact that I'm experiencing bugs you did not encounter.

Years
Happy to see the new release! I'll restart the game and pick up where I left off.

29.) Might want to update the opening screen to say "Through Chapter 2" now!
30.) I like the addition of the rules poster!
Spoiler:

So I've been thinking, and now I've gotten to wondering, where does the game put its data? It's not in the extracted folder. I know that for sure because I've deleted that folder with each new release, and my save file has persisted. If the game is saving its data to a different part of my computer for some reason, one that I am not clearing with each download, the conflicting bits might be causing some of these odd issues I'm having. I have absolutely no experience in coding, so this is just a theory, but it would explain my save's persistence, and the fact that I'm experiencing bugs you did not encounter.

... Crap. I forgot to update the title screen AGAIN. 100%done.
And I know why the door to the gym was locked- I forgot to open it. ^^; I fixed it now! =D Hopefully that fixes everything...
Spoiler:

Aaaand I have no idea why you still had your saved game. I deleted Pokemon Reborn after finding quite a few viruses in the game file, but then I found out that I could just place a clean file in the folder, and it replaces it with the game, WITHOUT the viruses. Booted it up, and all of my progress was still there. I think your computer just remembers or something? I don't know.

Back