• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lazy Mafia

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years
Unlike a certain cicada of violet hue, I will immediately and unambiguously clarify myself.

I was writing that I suspect Kiyo because he sheeped our mutual SR on purp and only provided that purp was "suspicious" as his own reasoning. So I have an eye on Kiyo, not you.

Uh, I did say I was busy and didn't have time to read and analyze stuff so well, right?

Okay, so this time I actually read through page 1 and other posts after mine

So, basing on my observations, I'd say Hyper, Pecilia, and Purp could all be maf together.

Hyper was suspicious for that immediate vanilla townie claim. I mean, it's not that bad to claim vanilla townie, nut doing it at the start of the game is really weird imo because it seems that you're trying too hard to look innocent. What makes it even more suspicious is when Pecilia voted for Saws immediately after he tried to sink his tooth into the suspicious Hyper post and didn't really justify the vote. After that, the defense is just really weird from there.

Now that I think about it, I don't really quite know why I found purplecicada suspicious at the start. Looking at recent posts though, I have to agree that purplecicada has been acting pretty suspiciouly what with her way of explaining things. It makes her look defensive, which is very unlike her.

With her telling that Sparks is being uncharacteristically pushy, I don't think that's actually the case. Sparks can be weirdly pushy as town and it's visible in other games when he may have non heavy or vanilla roles

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
Years
In regards to my explanation of things, I have always been bad at doing so, so that doesn't make much sense for a scumread. Maybe I am being defensive, but I'm doing so with good reason in mind; if there's anything that annoys me, it's the fact people scumread others for acting as they normally do for Day 1. Shoving FOS onto me just for acting normally is annoying, and that's why I'm acting a bit more defensive than usual. Keep your scumread on me, but I'm not scum. Also, in regards to my 'Sparks being pushy' comment... I have never seen him act this way in games before. Yeah, I've seen him get pushy, but never like this. This is a bit uncharacteristic for him.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
Uh, I did say I was busy and didn't have time to read and analyze stuff so well, right?

Okay, so this time I actually read through page 1 and other posts after mine

So, basing on my observations, I'd say Hyper, Pecilia, and Purp could all be maf together.

Hyper was suspicious for that immediate vanilla townie claim. I mean, it's not that bad to claim vanilla townie, nut doing it at the start of the game is really weird imo because it seems that you're trying too hard to look innocent. What makes it even more suspicious is when Pecilia voted for Saws immediately after he tried to sink his tooth into the suspicious Hyper post and didn't really justify the vote. After that, the defense is just really weird from there.

Now that I think about it, I don't really quite know why I found purplecicada suspicious at the start. Looking at recent posts though, I have to agree that purplecicada has been acting pretty suspiciouly what with her way of explaining things. It makes her look defensive, which is very unlike her.

With her telling that Sparks is being uncharacteristically pushy, I don't think that's actually the case. Sparks can be weirdly pushy as town and it's visible in other games when he may have non heavy or vanilla roles

If we're mafia then we're really uncoordinated and sloppy. I think Hyper stacked on EC to try and save himself, I'm not sure and would like to know why of exactly he picked EC.

Also purp's post comes off to me as salty scum when they get read based on prior games.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
Years
In regards to my explanation of things, I have always been bad at doing so, so that doesn't make much sense for a scumread. Maybe I am being defensive, but I'm doing so with good reason in mind; if there's anything that annoys me, it's the fact people scumread others for acting as they normally do for Day 1. Shoving FOS onto me just for acting normally is annoying, and that's why I'm acting a bit more defensive than usual. Keep your scumread on me, but I'm not scum. Also, in regards to my 'Sparks being pushy' comment... I have never seen him act this way in games before. Yeah, I've seen him get pushy, but never like this. This is a bit uncharacteristic for him.

Uh, just noting that you've been actually making better defenses recently, so I don't think you can really apply that? Well, I guess your qualms are understandable, but your recent posts just strike me as odd and something that you typically don't do as town is being too serious and composed and all. In regards to Sparkin, he usually does these kinds of stunts which get him lynched?

That said, you're still a scumread, but I think I'd prefer to see how Hyper flips because that can be connected with Pecilia's alignment. I'm keeping my eyes on you.
[Lynch] Hypermorian

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Just remember what I said; Pecilia came to the fast defense of HyperMorian, so Pecilia should be the next to be voted outta here next day phase.

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
oh well sh!t i guess
basically yall went for a mislynch and since im too lazy to come up with a concise defense and yall wont change your mind regardless, there you have it

images

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
Just remember what I said; Pecilia came to the fast defense of HyperMorian, so Pecilia should be the next to be voted outta here next day phase.

Except when he turns up innocent and yall didn't really think before you jumped on the Hyper bandwagon.

Robin

p-pix?
Years
Wowzers, reading all the posts from page 2->3 took time.
so if i recall correctly @bidoof told me to give an opinion/analysis (sorry i got here late btw)
So i find Hyper's VT reveal this early scummy (and i think most people agree already :eyes: )
i'm getting some scum vibes from Peci as well but i'll just keep an eye on him for now, i need to confirm something before i vote him.
oh and i guess Sparks and Purp are the same as the other games i saw them in, they dont seem that different now
[vote] HyperMorian.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Except when he turns up innocent and yall didn't really think before you jumped on the Hyper bandwagon.

Shush now, your cover is blown, it's okay to be angry, you're next.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years

I'm not as deadset on your scumminess as EC is, but buddying is an incredibly common tactic.

Coming to defense quickly could be mafia buddying or a partner getting too scared and defending

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
I'm not as deadset on your scumminess as EC is, but buddying is an incredibly common tactic.

Coming to defense quickly could be mafia buddying or a partner getting too scared and defending

But if Hyper turns inno then it's more likely mafia went for the easy lynch, not tried to buddy someone doing something silly like claim vanilla first post.

Years
@purplecicada
I've never seen anyone justify D1 randvoting + not claiming by saying "let the maf blend in" but maybe I haven't seen enough games. And keep in mind that comment is the only reason I'm on you. But since you just keep deflecting, I'll just feed you the lie you should've used all along, which is that I misread and you were trying to say that if we claim, that will make it easier for scum to blend in.

But you couldn't even come up with that...

(in case it's not clear i fully SR purp at this point)

Now... I have a nifty idea regarding the Hyper/Pecilia situation... now there's one of three things possibly happening:

1) Pecilia is a townie and sincerely believes there is nothing out of the ordinary about claiming VT immediately D1, and Hyper is also an innocent townie.
2) Same as above, except Hyper is scum
3) Pecilia is scum and is protecting fellow scum Hyper, and doing a really bad job of it
4) Pecilia is scum buddying innocent townie Hyper, who for some reason claimed immediately D1, and is trying to use Hyper as a cred-shield. That is, if Hyper flips town, Pecilia will look inno, and if Pecilia flips scum, Hyper looks guilty.

I personally think it's more likely Pecilia is scum than Hyper, and that Pecilia is not off the table if Hyper flips town.

Unfortunately Hyper is going to die over purp, so hopefully he flips scum.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years
@purplecicada
I've never seen anyone justify D1 randvoting + not claiming by saying "let the maf blend in"

23 hours ago:
@Earth Traveler:
I wasn't saying that we should allow mafia to blend in. You have misread my post. :p

Earth I agree with your possible theories on the Pecilia and Hyper situation (although I think Pecilia is experienced enough to know that first post vt claims are unusual) but you keep ignoring what Nicki says and I believe her explanation, it really was just a misworded sentence in my opinion

Sparkin

HyperMorian - ???
Pecilia - ???
TheUncreativeSawsbuckFan - Town
Kiyotaka Ishimaru - ???
Miah - ???
Desox - ???
Aeternum - Town
Ida13 - Town
Neko Maid Kapper - Town
purplecicada - ???
Bidoof FTW - Town
Sparkin - Town
Melody - ???
EvilChameleon - Town

reads atm

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Hell, even if HyperMorian does turn town, I'd still vote Pecilia out the next day.

Years
imo Purp hasn't actually bothered explain what they meant by "letting the maf blend in" and keeps talking about randvoting and unclaiming, which i explicitly said weren't the reasons I was on them. Telling me I "must've misread" doesn't qualify as a good explanation to me when you don't explain how it should've been read.

However I looked back and realized the phase will end later than I thought, and I really wanted to change my vote anyway, so

[Lynch] Pecilia in line with my previous post.

Saws is right, Pecilia should know better than to think a D1 VT claim is normal and totally believable, and it just reeks of some sort of buddying.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
Hell, even if HyperMorian does turn town, I'd still vote Pecilia out the next day.

Why, if he flips town it's pretty obvious that scum are on the hyper wagon. Ya'll just wasting a day for vote because something is perceived as buddying rather than just believing his claim. You guys are really over thinking this whole thing. A scum isn't going to D1 vanilla claim out of the blue and immediately put themselves in the spot light, but someone who has a case of the Vanillaitis and wants to do something outrageous as claim to test reactions or simply raise hell because if they die it's not a major loss to the town.

Currently reading EC, Purp, Kiyo as scum. Aeter is obviously silenced as town.

Back