• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2012
Hey hey hey! hey hey hey hey.... ok, you listening? Ok, Good, so I'm a newb here, and I don't know any kind of way to code, can you teach me with a step by step process on how to use the PKSVUI? because it's difficuilt to work it when you clueless on how to code

DJnebula

Intermediate Hacker
Years
wow, what a nice peice of kit, This is going to make learning script a WHOLE lot easier.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Hey hey hey! hey hey hey hey.... ok, you listening? Ok, Good, so I'm a newb here, and I don't know any kind of way to code, can you teach me with a step by step process on how to use the PKSVUI? because it's difficuilt to work it when you clueless on how to code
It gets easier when you're more accustomed to this kind of scripting.
The best way to see an example script is to decompile one - for example, the berry script in Pokémon Ruby is the default address for decompiling from (press F8 in PKSV-UI and you will see what I mean).
If you want to see the "Burrito of Doom" script, then go back to the first page...
But if you want to know what things do first, a basic guide:
#org : Starts writing data to this offset. Only the last 6 hex digits of the offset are used, as GBA can't handle more than this. If you don't define it in hex, then it is converted to hex first (internally).
#define : Not used in decompiled scripts. Applies an alias to a value. (eg. #define dead-food 0xDEADF00D , or #define newspace FREESPACE100). If you define something as free space, use the format "#define NAME freespaceAMOUNT", where name is what you want to call the free space and amount is how much space you need, in bytes in hex.
#raw : Writes 1 byte to ROM. In other words, if you are trying to write something bigger than 255 (0xFF) then you need more #raw blocks, or a "." command.
. : Not used in decompiled scripts. Writes a hex string to a ROM. (eg. ". Deface dead f00d" would write the hex string "DE FA CE DE AD F0 0D" to ROM)
jump : Continues script execution at a different position.
call : Same as jump, but a "return" will cause it to return to the position this command is at.
message X/showmsg/waitbutton/closemsg : Shows the message at offset X.
msgbox X/callstd MSG_NORMAL : Same as above, but not as flexible.
loadpointer 0 X/callstd MSG_NORMAL : Not used in decompiled scripts. Now you're just being silly.
I hope this is enough for you to get started!

score_under

Years
Awesome! I likey. :P
Thanks!
It saves a lot of time for noobs like me that get confuzzled easily :3
(The first reason I built the GUI was because it was going to contain a script generator... you're either referring to that or the autocomplete, I think)

I'm welcome to constructive criticism, reviews, ratings, comments, suggestions, help with front-page design, help requests, and general chat about the program... Fire away!

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
since you wrote a program you know what the technical terms mean maybe you could write what they mean and how to use them cuz i have not found no one else who has done that and i think that would really help us noobish hackerz who can't script or even add this to a new version of the program

score_under

Years
since you wrote a program you know what the technical terms mean maybe you could write what they mean and how to use them cuz i have not found no one else who has done that and i think that would really help us noobish hackerz who can't script or even add this to a new version of the program
I'm sorry, I don't usually realize when I'm overusing technical terms - if you could point me in the right direction (i.e. what's confusing you?) then I could help clear that up for you.

score_under

Years
It is so far.
I may upload (once I find what I should put in to the next version) each version if people continuously cannot access the main site.

Aztekia

As happy as a pig in sugar
Years
I'm sorry if you have answered this earlier in the thread, but I am really stuck.

No matter how much I try, I can't make the addpokemon command work. It's vital to the mod me and my friend are making, so I just wanted to know how to do it.

Most of the time the compiled text says: 'Unknown value in addpokemon (Value must be integer)

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
I'm sorry, I don't usually realize when I'm overusing technical terms - if you could point me in the right direction (i.e. what's confusing you?) then I could help clear that up for you.
well just about all the stuff like if i look at the auto complete thingy there are a few i understand like addpokemon and checkitem and check flag and set flag but ehh heh everything else is JUMBO MUMBO at the moment :'( SO SAD I KNOW :(

score_under

Years
I'm sorry if you have answered this earlier in the thread, but I am really stuck.

No matter how much I try, I can't make the addpokemon command work. It's vital to the mod me and my friend are making, so I just wanted to know how to do it.

Most of the time the compiled text says: 'Unknown value in addpokemon (Value must be integer)
You're using Fire Red, right? Add 3 more 0x0s on to the end, so it has 6 values (Fire Red needs this, Ruby is fine without it).
well just about all the stuff like if i look at the auto complete thingy there are a few i understand like addpokemon and checkitem and check flag and set flag but ehh heh everything else is JUMBO MUMBO at the moment :'( SO SAD I KNOW :(
Well, take Sprite to be Person (movesprite -> means moveperson). getplayerxy... gets the x/y coordinates of the player. Warp=teleport, var = variable. I don't really know what else... But a rule of thumb is, if you haven't come across it you probably won't need it... although more commands people haven't come accross are still trying to be researched :P
I guess you already know what "falldownhole" does!

Hm, I wonder who minimum-rated this thread without a reason, post, PM, visitor message or the like?
Suspect list:
1. Darthatron
2. --This space for rent--

Er, that over... Thanks to Cooley and Blazichu I will soon be adding Pokémon Gold scripting support to the program! (Won't that be a sight to see!)

score_under

Years

You're using Fire Red, right? Add 3 more 0x0s on to the end, so it has 6 values (Fire Red needs this, Ruby is fine without it).
Well, take Sprite to be Person (movesprite -> means moveperson). getplayerxy... gets the x/y coordinates of the player. Warp=teleport, var = variable. I don't really know what else... But a rule of thumb is, if you haven't come across it you probably won't need it... although more commands people haven't come accross are still trying to be researched :P
I guess you already know what "falldownhole" does!

Hm, I wonder who minimum-rated this thread without a reason, post, PM, visitor message or the like?
Suspect list:
1. Darthatron
2. --This space for rent--

Er, that over... Thanks to Cooley and Blazichu I will soon be adding Pokémon Gold scripting support to the program! (Won't that be a sight to see!)

score_under

Years
It's okay, I five'd it for ya :D
(Current thread ratings [averages]: 5 [5], 1 [3], 5 [4]).
Thanks... I take it that means you like the program :) ?
Spoiler:

pokenar

Lunatic Red Eyes
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 4, 2022
well this is a question and recomandation how do i make wild pokemon scripts on this and you might want to add that to the auto script generator

score_under

Years
I already have - it's under the name "Battle Pokémon".
It generates a fully-fledged (with all usual features, "Pokémon fled" message in a standard offset, etc) FireRed wild battle script. The item ID, in case you aren't sure, is the item it holds (e.g. SACREDASH)
If you don't have version 1.4.9 (check the "about" screen) then re-download, as so many bugs have been fixed and upgrades have been done since previous versions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back