• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2014
O.o i started playing and tried to open up my trainer card and STATIC NOISES + BLACK SCREEN! Scared the crap outta me when i heard it (Volume was at max). Please fix.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Another update is planed for next week. Like the previous one, it'll be pre-released screenshots showcasing the last remaining parts of the hack. I'll also be releasing the final list of Pokemon available in the last remaining areas of the hack as well as a list of how specific Pokemon evolve that are different from the real games. Some will most likely be missing, so if I forget any on the list let me know. All of this will be posted sometime next week. We're getting closer to the release!

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Another update is planed for next week. Like the previous one, it'll be pre-released screenshots showcasing the last remaining parts of the hack. I'll also be releasing the final list of Pokemon available in the last remaining areas of the hack as well as a list of how specific Pokemon evolve that are different from the real games. Some will most likely be missing, so if I forget any on the list let me know. All of this will be posted sometime next week. We're getting closer to the release!

lol. its still early October. Beta 1 was awesome. Atif left PC for a while. How will you handle the mapping? o.o

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
lol. its still early October. Beta 1 was awesome. Atif left PC for a while. How will you handle the mapping? o.o

He did???? I told him when I was done editing everything in the hack(Which'll be by next week) I was going to send it to him to re-map! Great....Well, Hinkage(The guy who won map of the quarter/Pokemon Hyetology creator) will be re-mapping if Atif doesn't come back by late next week. I know it's still October, but I've been working like crazy on the hack so it may be released sooner then expected if whoever's re-mapping puts in a lot of time and Tajaros who will be free in 2 weeks to script all of the big events, gets them done fast.

Also, I'm currently looking for a Very Very Good New Rom Base for Dark Rising 2. If anyone knows some good ones or have a particular suggestion on an awesome Rom Base, let me know so I can check it out. I already have a really good one in mind though, but I'd like to see some from other people.

Last edited:
Years
Rom base

He did???? I told him when I was done editing everything in the hack(Which'll be by next week) I was going to send it to him to re-map! Great....Well, Hinkage(The guy who won map of the quarter/Pokemon Hyetology creator) will be re-mapping if Atif doesn't come back by late next week. I know it's still October, but I've been working like crazy on the hack so it may be released sooner then expected if whoever's re-mapping puts in a lot of time and Tajaros who will be free in 2 weeks to script all of the big events, gets them done fast.

Also, I'm currently looking for a Very Very Good New Rom Base for Dark Rising 2. If anyone knows some good ones or have a particular suggestion on an awesome Rom Base, let me know so I can check it out. I already have a really good one in mind though, but I'd like to see some from other people.
I know that this may be completely out of the world and all, but I think u should stick with Diamond/Pearl or HGSS, what do u think?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
Wait, I thought that both regions were going to be on the same ROM? How would that work out if the second region uses a different base?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
Nope. as DarkRisingGirl said a few pages ago, The 2nd rom will have new mountains, trees , etc. It will be Completely Different.

Doesn't that make all the work put into the rom we're using now kind of pointless if it's gonna all be redone in a new rom?

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Doesn't that make all the work put into the first rom we're using now kind of pointless?

It's not actually pointless cause the 2nd Rom will have a new Region and the only plae you will be able to access in the Core Region is Fells Town. Plus we're gonna use Jpan's Engine and expect all the bugs now to be fixed in Beta2 and completely gone in the 2nd Rom... :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
It's not actually pointless cause the 2nd Rom will have a new Region and the only plae you will be able to access in the Core Region is Fells Town. Plus we're gonna use Jpan's Engine and expect all the bugs now to be fixed in Beta2 and completely gone in the 2nd Rom... :)

So, how will we get our old team back if the Core Region isn't there?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
So, how will we get our old team back if the Core Region isn't there?

No, you can't get your old team back, you will get to pick up your Dragon at Prof.Ivan's lab, they're at their Final Evolutions and at lvl. 30... :)

I know DrG knows this and she is quite aware of this. So lets hope for the best that this problem does not comes after the release

It would not be a problem I promise, I think there will be bonus Items or something like that... :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I explained it before. Part 2 will be on a completely different rom on a completely different thread. (Sorry is the main post is mis-leading, I have to edit it.) I've decided about a month or 2 ago that starting on a new rom for Part 2 would be the best idea because then I can add all of the special patches that are not in this rom and too late to add. Such as the Physical/Special split, the day/night, and a patch that will allow me to add as many OWs as I desire(I'm sure you've notice the absence of Pokemon OWs in the hack. This is because I don't have any room for'em and had to go over them for characters I wanted to add.)
The amount of work you're putting in to raise the Pokemon in this rom will not go to waste because the trainers near the end of the hack and the champion Adrian especially are Very Very strong. Don't mean to spoil anything, but their Pokemon kinda cheat the system because Darugis allows them some special power etc etc etc. Basically, the 4 knights and Adrian have some ridiculous advantage over you that I'm not gonna spoil. Not just them, but even trainers like Misty, and some basic trainers on the routes are getting much stronger near the end and requires you to have your Pokemon at very high levels. You Won't get your Pokemon back in Part 2 except your main dragon starter's final evolution at lv30 and along the way, the legendaries from the first such as Victini, Shaymin, etc will re-join you at adjusted levels later on. But at the beginning, you'll only have your dragon starter's evolution at Lv30. I know some expected 2 regions in 1 game, but to put the 2nd region in a new rom is worth it.

@_Uzigunner

I Wish I could put Part 2 on a DS Rom, but I hear their isn't really an easy map maker for it and it's much harder to hack.

EDIT: Really enjoying the ending of the hack. I think it came out pretty good. The Malice Courtyard is ridiculous though. I've never seen so many OW sprites on 1 map. There's like 70 Goons/Goonetes blocking the entrance to the Malice Castle. The player's friends are also there as well facing off against them. It's pretty cool, I can't wait til you guys play and see for yourself.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Doesn't that make all the work put into the rom we're using now kind of pointless if it's gonna all be redone in a new rom?
Forget that this hack will have a sequel, think only about this one.
It's like you are playing "normal" hack, isn't it? So why would the effort be in waste?

DRG, you shouldn't have talked about the second ROM so soon :/ Or you should have just said it's gonna be a sequel and noone would complain that they would "lose" their team.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2013
hellp how we can play with our dragon starter at lvl 30 in the second rom??i say that because its not the same rom its different or when the second rom is ready we will be to do something like patching to obtain the infos from the first rom..and something other i play the beta1 and i defeated pete near the iceland city..is this the end of the beta1??

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
hellp how we can play with our dragon starter at lvl 30 in the second rom??i say that because its not the same rom its different or when the second rom is ready we will be to do something like patching to obtain the infos from the first rom..and something other i play the beta1 and i defeated pete near the iceland city..is this the end of the beta1??
That'll be a great Idea but It's very hard to do so you have to start all over again... :(

And yes the BETA ends after defeating PETE.

Back