• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Guys this is urgent!!

Game: Fire Red BPRE
Script Type: Level Script
Level Script Type: 5 - on entering map/on menu close

Script

Spoiler:

It turns the player into an overworld and I need it to be type 5 because I need the player to remain as that overworld when the menu is closed. However the script doesn't turn the player into an different overworld.

Please help. Thanks in advance.
I think you have to use type 2... others types often don't work (or I don't know how they work)

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2009
Thanks for the help Pokemon Jupiter! But I have another problem.

Code:
#org $start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x828
if b_true goto $done
message $1
boxset 6
release
end

#org $done
message $2
boxset 6
applymovement 0x06 $move
pausemove0x0
release
end

#org $move
#raw 0x10 0x10 0x12 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x60

#org $1
$1 1 = \v\h01! Are you leaving today?\nHave you talked to your father?\pI think you should.

#org $2
$2 1 =Oh, I see you have a pokemon now.\nI guess you can leave.
This is the new script. I've changed the movement, because it was moving the hero rather than the NPC. Now the corect person moves, they do it exactly right. Do their steps, go offscreen and then hide. But the Hero is now locked and you cannot move anywhere. D;

Can no one help?
Basically after the NPC does their moves you are stuck. It doesn't let you move anymore.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Guys this is urgent!!

Game: Fire Red BPRE
Script Type: Level Script
Level Script Type: 5 - on entering map/on menu close

Script

Spoiler:

It turns the player into an overworld and I need it to be type 5 because I need the player to remain as that overworld when the menu is closed. However the script doesn't turn the player into an different overworld.

Please help. Thanks in advance.
Ugh, I've had a similar problem with pallattes. What you might want to do is if this is a one off event, have a hidden sprite right where the script activates, applymovement to your sprite that hides your sprite at the same time while you have an applymovement to show the hidden sprite. I've done this a few times in my hack to show burnt hands, for example. But...

It looks like you want free control of this new sprite. If you mean walk around with that overworld freely, you might have to do some reprogramming =O

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Okay here we go again. I fixed up that script I posted earlier, but now the warps fail. the warp is
Code:
warp 0x1 0x2D 0x0 0x06 0x0A
and the map is
Code:
1 43
. When the script gets to this part, it just goes black like a warp screen, but it stays that way. Anybody have some advice to offer?

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Well, looks like you'll have to reinsert your Map somewhere else. This happens to me a lot, so I have to do it a lot as well. I had to move about 30 maps in bank 24 (decimal) because for some reason, they'd refuse to work.

That's more of a map issue then. EDIT: Just noticed Gamer2020's post. Seems like he's right. The FF is imperative. Gosh, I'm missing such little thing (whacks self on head)

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Okay here we go again. I fixed up that script I posted earlier, but now the warps fail. the warp is
Code:
warp 0x1 0x2D 0x0 0x06 0x0A
and the map is
Code:
1 43
. When the script gets to this part, it just goes black like a warp screen, but it stays that way. Anybody have some advice to offer?
0x1 0x2D 0xFF 0x06 0x0A Try that instead. I was having the same problem...

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
0x1 0x2D 0xFF 0x06 0x0A Try that instead. I was having the same problem...
That wouldn't work because there is no way for an event to be FF. Anyways, I found out that my maps keep corrupting, and saying "Cannot read bytes beyond end of file" and all that ********. I'm not sure what to do. I don't know if there's any way to fix that, or not.

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
That wouldn't work because there is no way for an event to be FF. Anyways, I found out that my maps keep corrupting, and saying "Cannot read bytes beyond end of file" and all that ********. I'm not sure what to do. I don't know if there's any way to fix that, or not.
0xFF = last exit. It's typically used in "falling", "diving" or any other warps in the map scripts.

For the second part, try turning "Automatically Find Offsets" off. Ever since I did that, the error message stopped appearing. It's a bit redundant to see the free space finder popping up all the time, but it saves your rom. Also, make sure you actually have space in your header before stuffing it with dozens of maps XD. Advancemap can help you repoint it somewhere else.

@Knightmawk
I'd reccommend you getting some of those spelling errors fixed. "Journey" and "Good Luck" are the ones that need to be fixed. Another thing to point out is that almost NONE of your pointers line up so I can't see what's fully going on. I'll give it a shot.

First, I noticed that your checkflag is just left hanging. You need a if then statement right after that. Second, doesn't Giveegg have some more paramaters? Third, your preparemsgbox is hanging (unless its the same as XSE's msgbox2). Fourth, why are you setting a variable? Is there a true need for that? You should just have a flag, silly. If you have a good reason why (such as a script tile) then that's okay then. Fifth, you want to have preparemsgbox BEFORE the fanfare, because it won't line up properly with the fanfare if it's in the middle. Sixth, your preparemsgbox leads to another script, not actual text =O

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years

its a warp right? put the FF cause it works for me.

warp 0x1 0x2D 0xFF 0x06 0x0A

warp [bank] [map] [warp to a specific position] [x coordinate] [y coordinate]

at least that's my understanding

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
its a warp right? put the FF cause it works for me.

warp 0x1 0x2D 0xFF 0x06 0x0A

warp [bank] [map] [warp to a specific position] [x coordinate] [y coordinate]

at least that's my understanding

No, it doesn't work exactly like that.
The standard warp command has 5 parameters. The first two are always the same, bank and map. Then we have the exit #, which is the number of the warp you want to use, unless it's 0xFF. The 4th and 5th parameters are the x/y coordinates. They're used only when the exit is 0xFF, and in any other cases they won't work and they should be set both to 0x0.

Spoiler:

this is the script redone, with a little bit of a background formed from a give egg script that is already in the game. So basicly what I am saying is, this one isnt working to well either. Basicly here is the problem I am having, I cant activate it, I go to talk to the person attached to the script and nothing happens. I might be missing some start parrameters in wich case I will be rather mad because that seems so simple. Oh and by the way, this is an XSE script, thought that would help anyone trying to review this

The script is pretty screwed up...
BTW, you seem to be missing some parts anyway, because most messages weren't used at all.

Spoiler:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Ugh, I've had a similar problem with pallattes. What you might want to do is if this is a one off event, have a hidden sprite right where the script activates, applymovement to your sprite that hides your sprite at the same time while you have an applymovement to show the hidden sprite. I've done this a few times in my hack to show burnt hands, for example. But...

It looks like you want free control of this new sprite. If you mean walk around with that overworld freely, you might have to do some reprogramming =O

Well I need free control. It's for a minigame. I have one other resort to moving the player off screen, and moving the camera to onto the OW I want to turn into and giving it a movement setting of copy the player's movements. That would give an illusion of control but I'll stick to what I've got. After all who's gonna open the menu screen during an item hunt?

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Maybe you could program a little callasm that disables the menu?...

But I've only been working with THUMB for literally 3 days, so I won't be much help. I think you could program a map script with a callasm that checks the button pressed, and instead of opening the menu, it would just display a textbox that says "The menu cannot be used at this time" or something like that. The button press information is at 0x4000130, and it should display a 0x03F7 if the start button is being pressed.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Maybe you could program a little callasm that disables the menu?...

But I've only been working with THUMB for literally 3 days, so I won't be much help. I think you could program a map script with a callasm that checks the button pressed, and instead of opening the menu, it would just display a textbox that says "The menu cannot be used at this time" or something like that. The button press information is at 0x4000130, and it should display a 0x03F7 if the start button is being pressed.

Why disabling the menu when you can just prevent the player getting back to normal?
Anyway, this is getting a bit too off-topic, so it would be better to continue in the Simple Questions thread eventually.

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
Okay, I've got this applymovement script I made where you're mum says hey, you turn around and sh walks up to you and says some stuff and then walks away. After a few trys I got everything to work fine but you're mum starts talking before she gets to you. What do I need to put in so she won't start talking until she gets to you?
Here's my scipt:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back