• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: New Battle System

Blah

Free supporter
Years
did another set of moves namely:

Submission
Seismic Toss(requires call back)
Strength
Mega Drain
Razor Leaf
Poison Powder
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder
String Shot
Dragon Rage (requires call back)

Thanks again. I've updated the moves post and moved Dragon Rage and Seismic Toss into Medium.

Delta231

A noob
Years
I did the following moves for this engine.

Thunder Shock
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Thunder
Confusion
Hypnosis
Meditate
Agility

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I did the following moves for this engine.

Thunder Shock
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Thunder
Confusion
Hypnosis
Meditate
Agility

Thanks. Thunder is marked currently impossible because Rain and field effects aren't completed yet. Additionally, I've moved Firespin (for it's lingering effect) and Earthquake (interaction with dig) into Medium difficulty.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
allright these following moves have been fixed and tested

Thunder Shock
Thunderbolt
Rock Throw
Toxic
Confusion
Psychic
Hypnosis
Meditate
Agility

Alright, updated the post thanks. Adrevi also managed Screech to Fire Blast, so those have been updated. I move Barrier and lightscreen into hard for now. The `.heal` member got fixed as well, it's a percentage to heal now, so moves like recover set it to 50 for 50% heal.

EDIT: Recharge moves such as hyperbeam have been moved to easy and completed. Now attaching the FLAG_RECHARGE to the move will do the entire recharge effect without need for a callback.

Last edited:

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
another batch done

Waterfall
Swift
Spike Cannon
Amnesia
Kinesis
Soft-Boiled
Glare
Poison Gas
Barrage

also changed
posion_powder_procs to posion_100_procs

nuzzle_procs to paralyze_100_procs

twineedle_procs to poison_20_procs

all of them have been readjusted in the respective moves using them and those moves have been tested

double hitting moves causing errors

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
another batch coming up, there you go:

Leech life
Lovely Kiss
Bubble
Dizzy Punch
Spore
Flash
Splash
Acid Armor
Crabhammer
Fury Swipes
Rock Slide
Hyper Fang
Sharpen
Slash

bonemerang is done, but waiting on the double hitting move fix update

Rest is done as well but it
1.doesnt work if the user has any other status effect
2.ability check(but abilities arent in yet so im not gonna sweat over that)

Psywave requires call back

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
another batch done

Waterfall
Swift
Spike Cannon
Amnesia
Kinesis
Soft-Boiled
Glare
Poison Gas
Barrage

also changed
posion_powder_procs to posion_100_procs

nuzzle_procs to paralyze_100_procs

twineedle_procs to poison_20_procs

all of them have been readjusted in the respective moves using them and those moves have been tested

double hitting moves causing errors
Awesome. I've moved Psybeam to medium. Also moved rest to medium and finished it! The type change moves are new able to be done as well. I'm currently working on a few of those. Double hits were fixed as well.

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Just dropping in to update. We've got 190~ moves finished between the three of us, (myself, ASDBUDDY and Adrevi). Most of the impossible section has been reduced significantly. It's now just a handful of moves remaining in that section.

I hope we'll get some more people joining in soon. Personally I've finished a moves that call other moves, weather effects, protection, protection breaking moves, and revamped the callback system in the past couple of days. Progress is going well, and I hope we get more contributors to speed things up! I should emphasize that programming knowledge is not needed to help with the easy moves!

Repo: https://github.com/EternalCode/battle_engine
You can find me on the #Hack-programming or #rom-hacking channel on PC's discord!

Delta231

A noob
Years
190 moves done already! Awesome going FBI, I will join you guys after a while. (Family problems going on atm)

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey, guys, I just wanted to say thanks and kudos for the amazing work you've done! I'd love to contribute, but I'm going to have to re-teach myself coding first...

Last edited:

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Hey, guys, I just wanted to say thanks and kudos for the amazing work you've done! I'd love to contribute, but I'm going to have to re-teach myself coding first...

Thanks for the compliments. Actually some of this doesn't require programming.

We've been working secretly in the back and currently we are 437 / 603 moves done so far. 107 of the remaining moves require no programming and we'd love the extra man power!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Thanks for the compliments. Actually some of this doesn't require programming.

We've been working secretly in the back and currently we are 437 / 603 moves done so far. 107 of the remaining moves require no programming and we'd love the extra man power!
Great work! You guys are the best!

Btw, there are more than 603 moves total. Which moves aren't being included?

Last edited:

Wüfzhéévk

Ǵ̸͙̘͐̓ͅl̷̚͠͝? ?? �̝i̷͕͊t̵̠̼̹̆c? ?� �̣̭̓h̷̻̰̭̏͊e̵
Years
Nice idea!, I would like to help but, I've got limited knowledge on that area
Btw, it was mentioned that everything would be included in order to match the latest mechanism, does that means the megaevolutions will also be included?

Delta231

A noob
Years
Nice idea!, I would like to help but, I've got limited knowledge on that area
Btw, it was mentioned that everything would be included in order to match the latest mechanism, does that means the megaevolutions will also be included?

Yeah, I hope so and If you want to help PM me.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
May I ask which moves wouldn't require programming? And how so? Also, maybe not the right place to ask, but has expanding the length of move names (Hi Jump Kick -> High Jump Kick) been looked into at all?

Back