• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghost Busters! ~>{Ghost Type Fan-Club}<~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
Ghost Type Fan-Club
wm2uN.png

Welcome to the Ghost Type Fan-Club Here we will talk about anything you can about ghost type pokemon. If you are here cause you love ghost type pokemon, you are at the right place cause there's nothing else like this!!!
Rules
1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Clubs' rules.
2. Please don't spam, troll or harass.
3. Try to keep active!
4. Everyone can choose 2 partner pokemon upon joining
5. Make sure to have fun and enjoy yourself!
Sign-Up Form
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
Reason for joining:
Answer Current Topic:
Current Topics
Spoiler:

List Of Pokemon
092.gif
093.gif
094.gif
094-mega.gif
200.gif
292.gif
302.gif
302-m.png
353.gif
354.gif
354-mega.gif
355.gif
356.gif
477.gif
425.gif
426.gif
429.gif
442.gif
478.gif
479.gif
487.gif
562.gif
563.gif
frillish_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49my.gif
593.gif
607.gif
608.gif
609.gif
622.gif
623.gif
679.gif
680.gif
681.gif
708.gif
709.gif
710.gif
711.gif

List Of Members
Spoiler:

UserBars
Anyone Know how to do these???

If anyone has any ideas about something they would like to see, go ahead and Pm me! I am always opened to ideas!​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Aslan
Partner: Haunter and Rotom

Reason for joining: Apart from being able to make terrible ghost impressions, I've always liked ghost types! They're a really interesting type with most of the creepier and mysterious backstories lurking amongst them. Yanmask for example, was previously a human while Banette used to be the doll of a little girl. Even if it's rather unsettling, I think that's also their strength in ways. They're unique and I like that. I've never seen such a wonderfully purple type either. <3

What is your favorite Ghost Type and why?

Definitely Rotom! I think it's cool having such a pokemon be able to posess ordinary household objects and then make use of them. It makes for a lot of diversity when playing around with team compositions or strategy. Out of all the forms, I tend to prefer the original for the fact that its the cutest out of all of them. Can't say no to the electric/ghost either.

What made you get involved with loving Ghost Types?

As mentioned before, I really like their backstories. It's such a huge part of their identity and it influences how their design plays out as well. Speaking of which, their designs are also part of the love. While they were rather similar to dark types, ghosts were the original creeps of the franchise. A part of me also finds it cool that they're the rarest type in numbers of pokemon. It's sort of like a 'whoa, I have a ghost on my team' feeling, haha.

Would you like a competition for drawing Ghost Type pokemon?

Sure, why not?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 21, 2017
Sign-Up Form
Username: FeralSlaaneshi
Partner Pokemon: Froslass and Pumpkaboo

Reason for joining: Because I love me some of them spooky ghosts! No but seriously, I actually find ghost Pokemon to be the most interesting. They generally have the most memorable Pokedex entries purely because of how out of place and dark they are comparitively. Additionally I'm a new member (only making an account on like Friday or something) so it'd be cool to get to know other fans of the spookiest type around. :3

Answer Current Topic:
What is your favourite Ghost type and why?
Froslass. I always liked Snorunt and Glalie, I just felt like they needed a little something to make them both stand out, and Froslass filled that gap nicely. Additionally at the point of her introduction her design was kinda unique for Ghost Pokemon - lots of light colours, unlike the others who are mostly purples and greys (which is fine, I love pretty much all the ghosts, I just think Froslass' stands out more). Her Ice/Ghost typing and access to Spikes also add to how unique she is. Plus I can't think of that many Pokemon that outspeed AND overpower her. They're out there, obviously, but there's not that many.
(Gotta mention that Pumpkaboo is a super close second based purely on the fact that it's, in my opinion, the cutest Pokemon out there right now and his happy little face makes me squee)

What made you get involved with loving Ghost types?
Mostly the anime episode where Ash gets a Haunter. At first you're like "woah these are Ghost types, they're gonna be really creepy" but then it turns out they just wanna play and mess around. It'd be really easy just to write them as being super spooky all the time but because of that episode I actually imagine them to be the most playful out of the types.
Additionally they've always just been a favourite. There's so few of them but I can only think of maybe one or two that I dislike. My favourite type used to be Psychic but that got bumped down to second place when gen 5 came along and introduced some quite tanky Ghosts in the form of Golurk and Cofagrigus - even Chandelure to a certain degree - whereas their Psychic types for that generation were sort of lacklustre in my opinion. Ghosts always seem to be done just right, and even though they're probably the most lacking in number I think the quality of them more than makes up for that.

Would you like a competition for drawing Ghost Type Pokemon?
I'm not very good at drawing Pokemon, but yeah. It'd be a good chance to get better. =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
Welcome Aslan and FeralSlaaneshi

Username: Aslan
Partner: Haunter and Rotom

Reason for joining: Apart from being able to make terrible ghost impressions, I've always liked ghost types! They're a really interesting type with most of the creepier and mysterious backstories lurking amongst them. Yanmask for example, was previously a human while Banette used to be the doll of a little girl. Even if it's rather unsettling, I think that's also their strength in ways. They're unique and I like that. I've never seen such a wonderfully purple type either. <3

Definitely Rotom! I think it's cool having such a pokemon be able to posess ordinary household objects and then make use of them. It makes for a lot of diversity when playing around with team compositions or strategy. Out of all the forms, I tend to prefer the original for the fact that its the cutest out of all of them. Can't say no to the electric/ghost either.

As mentioned before, I really like their backstories. It's such a huge part of their identity and it influences how their design plays out as well. Speaking of which, their designs are also part of the love. While they were rather similar to dark types, ghosts were the original creeps of the franchise. A part of me also finds it cool that they're the rarest type in numbers of pokemon. It's sort of like a 'whoa, I have a ghost on my team' feeling, haha.

Sure, why not?
I totally agree about the back stories. I dont know if you heard about this one but voltorb was a pokeball but was "possessed" by ghastly.

Sign-Up Form
Username: FeralSlaaneshi
Partner Pokemon: Froslass and Pumpkaboo

Reason for joining: Because I love me some of them spooky ghosts! No but seriously, I actually find ghost Pokemon to be the most interesting. They generally have the most memorable Pokedex entries purely because of how out of place and dark they are comparitively. Additionally I'm a new member (only making an account on like Friday or something) so it'd be cool to get to know other fans of the spookiest type around. :3

Answer Current Topic:
What is your favourite Ghost type and why?
Froslass. I always liked Snorunt and Glalie, I just felt like they needed a little something to make them both stand out, and Froslass filled that gap nicely. Additionally at the point of her introduction her design was kinda unique for Ghost Pokemon - lots of light colours, unlike the others who are mostly purples and greys (which is fine, I love pretty much all the ghosts, I just think Froslass' stands out more). Her Ice/Ghost typing and access to Spikes also add to how unique she is. Plus I can't think of that many Pokemon that outspeed AND overpower her. They're out there, obviously, but there's not that many.
(Gotta mention that Pumpkaboo is a super close second based purely on the fact that it's, in my opinion, the cutest Pokemon out there right now and his happy little face makes me squee)

What made you get involved with loving Ghost types?
Mostly the anime episode where Ash gets a Haunter. At first you're like "woah these are Ghost types, they're gonna be really creepy" but then it turns out they just wanna play and mess around. It'd be really easy just to write them as being super spooky all the time but because of that episode I actually imagine them to be the most playful out of the types.
Additionally they've always just been a favourite. There's so few of them but I can only think of maybe one or two that I dislike. My favourite type used to be Psychic but that got bumped down to second place when gen 5 came along and introduced some quite tanky Ghosts in the form of Golurk and Cofagrigus - even Chandelure to a certain degree - whereas their Psychic types for that generation were sort of lacklustre in my opinion. Ghosts always seem to be done just right, and even though they're probably the most lacking in number I think the quality of them more than makes up for that.

Would you like a competition for drawing Ghost Type Pokemon?
I'm not very good at drawing Pokemon, but yeah. It'd be a good chance to get better. =)
I like how you said that they really just want to have fun, cause in my mind that is true. And the episode i do believe you are quoting, haunter just wanted to meet someone that would laugh because of what he did.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Username:Dedenne1
Partner Pokemon: Chandelure, Aegislash
Reason for joining: I <3 ghost types like all types theyre pretty great!
Answer Current Topic: Favorite ghost type?
Chandelure
I love Chandelure its got a great typing powerful and it looks great! Its shiny form is my favorite it looks great!

Years
I haven't joined a Ghost-type club in a while so hey why not?

Username: Hikamaru
Partner Pokemon: Jellicent and Chandelure
Reason for joining: Ghost-types are very interesting, have great design concepts and very interesting moves and abilities. Plus they can be a mixture between adorable (like most unevolved ones), naughty pranksters or downright creepy.

Favorite Ghost-type?
My absolute fave has to be Chandelure, it's a very powerful special attacker and its evolution line have quite original designs, along with Litwick being extremely cute. In fact, I think 5th Gen had a lot of interesting Ghost-types, like Golurk with its unique Ground/Ghost type and the very unusual moves it learns (yeah it can even learn Fly) or Jellicent with its Water/Ghost type and its pretty great defensive capabilities along with still being solid offensively as well, plus I love its gender differences being based on royalty. Some other notable faves include Froslass (very unusual type and has a cool design), Aegislash (strong mixed attacker that can also choose to play defensively plus its design is original), Drifblim (its line is adorable-looking and it's one of two shiny Ghost-types I caught in my history of playing), Sableye (cute but is also really fun to annoy in battle) and Trevenant (I kinda love a haunted tree, and its pre-evo Phantump is so cute).

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Username: H.A.N.
Partner Pokemon: Gastly and Litwick
Reason for joining: Ghost Pokémon are awesome, they mostly have a creepy atmosphere around them. Ghost Pokémon mostly have a great offensive side, and their ghost type makes them immune to normal and fighting attacks. About every Pokémon is able to learn normal type attacks and these don't have any effect. With ultimate defense against normal and fight, two of the physical types are covered and a ghost's special defense is mostly higher the defense.

I actually like almost all of the ghost Pokémon.

See Reasons for joining. That covers the biggest part of it.

I don't see why not. I'm not that good at drawing, but what does it matter, it will probably be fun!

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
Username:Dedenne1
Partner Pokemon: Chandelure, Aegislash
Reason for joining: I <3 ghost types like all types theyre pretty great!
Answer Current Topic: Favorite ghost type?
Chandelure
I love Chandelure its got a great typing powerful and it looks great! Its shiny form is my favorite it looks great!
Its shiny form does look pretty awesome.
I haven't joined a Ghost-type club in a while so hey why not?

Username: Hikamaru
Partner Pokemon: Jellicent and Chandelure
Reason for joining: Ghost-types are very interesting, have great design concepts and very interesting moves and abilities. Plus they can be a mixture between adorable (like most unevolved ones), naughty pranksters or downright creepy.

Favorite Ghost-type?
My absolute fave has to be Chandelure, it's a very powerful special attacker and its evolution line have quite original designs, along with Litwick being extremely cute. In fact, I think 5th Gen had a lot of interesting Ghost-types, like Golurk with its unique Ground/Ghost type and the very unusual moves it learns (yeah it can even learn Fly) or Jellicent with its Water/Ghost type and its pretty great defensive capabilities along with still being solid offensively as well, plus I love its gender differences being based on royalty. Some other notable faves include Froslass (very unusual type and has a cool design), Aegislash (strong mixed attacker that can also choose to play defensively plus its design is original), Drifblim (its line is adorable-looking and it's one of two shiny Ghost-types I caught in my history of playing), Sableye (cute but is also really fun to annoy in battle) and Trevenant (I kinda love a haunted tree, and its pre-evo Phantump is so cute).
Well, I am happy that you are joining this ghost type club, there really hasn't been one.
Username: H.A.N.
Partner Pokemon: Gastly and Litwick
Reason for joining: Ghost Pokémon are awesome, they mostly have a creepy atmosphere around them. Ghost Pokémon mostly have a great offensive side, and their ghost type makes them immune to normal and fighting attacks. About every Pokémon is able to learn normal type attacks and these don't have any effect. With ultimate defense against normal and fight, two of the physical types are covered and a ghost's special defense is mostly higher the defense.

I actually like almost all of the ghost Pokémon.

See Reasons for joining. That covers the biggest part of it.

I don't see why not. I'm not that good at drawing, but what does it matter, it will probably be fun!
I think You will be able to draw pretty good, you just need some practice!

Welcome to the club H.A.N., Hikamaru, and Dedenne1!!!

ATTENTION: starting monday there will be a pokemon of the week. The pokemon will have details, sprites and stats. Along to go with that the pokemon of the week will ALSO be the pokemon that you will be drawing for the week. Make sure whilst doing this competition that you DON'T copy an image of the internet, i will be searching the internet for these pics and if i see on that I KNOW you didn't make, you will be disqualified from all future events.

.skittlez

lost in a storm of sadness
Years
Username: .skittlez
Partner Pokemon: Gengar (*-*)
Reason for joining: I've always loved ghost type pokemon, ever since I got scared of Pokemon Tower's ghost when I was a kid, and then getting creeped out by Gengar's and Haunter's sprites in Yellow.

Favourite Ghost type and why?:

My favourite ghost type will always be Gengar. I love how it hides in people's shadows and tricks them into thinking it's their own. I myself have always loved hiding in dark corners, and scaring the hell out of anyone that passes by. I always have one on my in-game and competitive teams.

Drawing competition:

I wouldn't mind honestly, but I can't draw at all, so I wouldn't see myself participating xD~

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 8, 2016
Username: .skittlez
Partner Pokemon: Gengar (*-*)
Reason for joining: I've always loved ghost type pokemon, ever since I got scared of Pokemon Tower's ghost when I was a kid, and then getting creeped out by Gengar's and Haunter's sprites in Yellow.

Favourite Ghost type and why?:

My favourite ghost type will always be Gengar. I love how it hides in people's shadows and tricks them into thinking it's their own. I myself have always loved hiding in dark corners, and scaring the hell out of anyone that passes by. I always have one on my in-game and competitive teams.

Drawing competition:

I wouldn't mind honestly, but I can't draw at all, so I wouldn't see myself participating xD~

Well Thanks for coming to this ghost club! We should be starting the competition soon! I havent been able to do much stuff because of other stuff, but thank you for coming!

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Username: The ???
Partner Pokemon: Spiritomb & Chandelure
Reason for joining: I love Ghost type pokemons, they are really cool and kinda underrated! They always make up a part of my team because GHOST TYPE IS AWESOME.
1. What is your favorite Ghost Type and why?
- They all look pretty fab, the original ghosts have a purple shade and an evil grin, both of the things which I love. Also I'm a ghost too.
2. What Made you get involved with loving Ghost Types?
- PRETTY much what I answered above. :P
3. Would you like a competition for drawing Ghost Type pokemon?
- If its drawing a NEW one, then I might not join as I am not really creative :P but it still would be pretty fun to see :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2020
Username: morgenro
Partner Pokemon: Litwick
Reason for joining: Ghost-types are my bbys
1. What is your favorite Ghost Type and why? Litwick, bc its cute + deadly

Wrennekin

Smol but Fierce
Years

Username:
TrainerWren
Partner Pokemon: Phantump (shiny) and Sableye
Reason for joining: ghosts are one of my favorite types :D
What is your favorite Ghost Type and why? Phantump and Rotom. I love the idea of ghosts possessing inanimate objects (a tree and an assortment of electronics, respectively).
What made you get involved with loving Ghost Types? I've always had a fascination with ghosts and, in general, been a fan of supernatural and paranormal themes.
Would you like a competition for drawing Ghost Type pokemon? yes please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back