• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Malcolm West, Rosalyn Rebecca Smith and Calnith Sol NeverWind you guys just inform me anytime you plan to go to class Ok

I'll be sure to either post it here or send you a VM when I have Rosalyn head off to class.

And will Holly Amarosa, Alice Crenshaw/James Eugene Vincent (Same person lol :3), and Haru Hatake let me know when they are heading to class :) I'll post as Sage when you let me know your on your way to class.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
another good way to explain it yellow is that his pokemon are letting him fight them so he can relieve his anger. They won't get anrgy with him. they are just there trying to make him feel better.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Also people can deal with getting hit with pokemon attacks now and then.

...Hold up. Is that your decision to make? I've got quality standards to hold up. See, when I look at this I see slap-stick, silly non-sense from a cartoon. That's not a positive trait to have in an RP, I'd think.

Besides, if I wanted to play on that, I'd make a satirical RP for the new Beyblade anime, where drama literally generates explosions, nothing technical is ever explained "because nobody carez rite gaiz?! RITE?!", and people's speech repeatedly reminds you of "Girl-Chan in paradise".

Anyway, pokemon attacks are in-fact deadly. A pokemon's strength cannot switch between "weapon of mass destruction" and "cute puppy" at will. This ain't DBZ. A charizard cannot launch a flamethrower weak enough to not burn a human and a Graveler cannot use a body slam lackluster enough not to crush one. It just doesn't make sense, and the logic needs to be consistent.

If you want to say his pokemon are deliberately missing, fine, but don't act like it's him dodging and not them missing. And honestly, the entire concept just doesn't make sense. How exactly is having deadly attacks thrown at you supposed to relieve stress? And if his pokemon aren't even trying, how exactly is anyone getting stronger from this? Nevermind the fact that if Jason ever fought back he'd break his fist/arm sooner than he'd hurt his pokemon.

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Posted Shiny :) just a note (as mentioned at the bottom of my post) as i didnt know what classes you had, ive had Fang ask Kilik for help in understanding the rotas as they are a bit different to what he is used to :P

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
N Harmonia (General Expert)
Christopher Jacob Styles
Olivia Wolf
Lincoln West
James Storeson

Found your class, Zagan. If you want to edit your post, feel free to.

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
Ok, give me about 3 minutes, post will be updated then :D

There we go, sorted :D

Dawn

Years
@Lincoln: Alright. If I recall, this wouldn't be the first time Brock has shown up on the island. Go ahead.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Awesomes! Thank you. Do I go ahead and control him, or seeing as he's a canon character do one of the GM's handle it? If it's the former, it'll be Game-Brock rather than Anime or Manga Brock, correct?

*Looks up Brocks team*

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
My Character Rosalyn is heading off to class for those that share a class with her, I know someone had asked to be informed when people started heading to the class.

And my Teacher is in his classroom all set up ready for his students to show up for a lecture and then a contest

Dawn

Years
@Lincoln: ...Nnnoooo, it'll be anime Brock. Only 5th Gen characters are handled by the games.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Jason didn't injure his pokemon at all. He kicked his pawniard so it lost balance. also they aren;t using attacks for damage. only ones used were faint attack and that was for invisiblity. A pokemon could choose not to attack with a move and just not hurt you. Also yes Isaac has been hit by those attacks before. i mentioned that he was scarred from his previous training. I put this in my SU. it was the center of the character. he's so close to his pokemon his puts his life on the line to train with them.

And it's not stress its anger. there is a difference. when you're angry punching somone in the face is a great way to relieve that anger. The reason it trains them in two ways: 1 it makes them closer with Isaac, and 2 they learn restraint.]

EDIT: ya know what I feel this will jsut end in me raging on the RP and that jsut isn't something I want to do. So instead of pointing out my mistakes how would you suggest I fix it? Since it is key to Isaac's character that he is training along with his pokemon in some sort of physical manner.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I regularly climb into the lion den at the zoo and start fighting the lions. It really helps with my anger, and if the lions can manage to not kill me? I just feel so close to them.

There are certain aspects/methods of training with pokemon that are plausible such as cardio, weights or potentially, MAYBE, very light sparring with fighting types (as in rehearsing movements, no actual attacks) but suggesting that what are essentially monsters you are attempting to simultaneously tame and develop into killing machines are going to show the restraint to not kill you and earn their freedom when they get the chance? I apologise, but I call cattle manure on that one. Especially considering Isaac's Pawniard was received in a trade one day ago and would hold no loyalty to him other than the fact that it has been traded into slavery in his care.

If someone slave traded me, and my master said "Come at me bro!" he'd be experiencing my freaking blade arms to the fullest. Regardless of how theraputic he thought the experience might be.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
well actually the pawniard replaced another team member since it was never introduced anyways.

and I said instead of pointing out my mistakes Linc, so i hope you expected a logn rambling list of why your points don't matter. because i want you to be dissapointed.

EDIT: forget dissapointing you. you lit the flame.

firstly pokemon do not kill its basic canon. people kill pokemon but not vice versa. (rocket killed marowak)

secondly pokemon can only be caught if you earn their trust. its why they can break free.

thirdly its not slavery. I call BS on your BSing my work. pokemon are fully free and can just ignore their masters and wouldn't be caught. you're acting as though Jackson, Bixi, and Siege are just waiting til they can gang bang linc so they can run away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back