• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Android] Power Patcher - IPS Patcher

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I recently started an Android Development Business called Evercrest Studios and this is my first app, an IPS patcher for Android devices.

SquareIconGold128.png

Power Patcher

Start.png
Pick.png
Ready.png
Settings.png

Compatibility
Compatible with all Android devices running 3.0 and above.
Works with all IPS patches both normal and RLE mode.

Features
Power Patcher comes in 2 versions, Lite and Pro. Features with a * indicate which ones are for Pro only.

Apply Patches Fast
Patching is supposed to be a quick thing, and you don't want to be hanging around waiting for extra screens to open and close. Power Patcher is designed to make applying patches quickly and easily through a wizard style interface. Simply choose a patch and a ROM and press go, Power Patcher does the rest in seconds.

Patch File Association *
Just like your mobile device patching is available everywhere. With Power Patcher Pro you don't even need to open the app to apply a patch. You can open patch files from within your favourite Email client, downloads list or Cloud Storage app such as Dropbox or Google Drive and Power Patcher will start up automatically. Select your ROM and you're good to go, simple as that.

Realtime Integrity Checks
When selecting a patch file an integrity check is run to ascertain if the file selected is a valid patch file. These checks run seamlessly and in the background without disrupting your process. To make sure you don't waste any time, we'll inform you if the patch is invalid before you try to apply it.

Automatic Backups with Prefixes *
Are you worried that your patch will break your ROM? Not sure if you have the correct ROM? No need to worry, because Power Patcher Pro backs up your ROM automatically before you apply a patch to make sure you don't lose any data. You can even configure backup behaviour like adding a prefix of your choice to the backed up ROM file, or turning backups off altogether to save those valuable seconds.

Bugs, Glitches & Feature Requests
My site has a full Issue Tracker in place to manage bug reports and feature requests. This can be found here: http://issues.evercreststudios.com/powerpatcher. Alternatively you can use this thread and I'll create them in the tracker where everyone can see the status.

Special Thanks
I showed a few people the app during early development stages so they deserve special thanks.

• Reb0rn: creating the Gear that appears when pressing the Patch button
  • Sukiyami, shinyquagsire: testing for bugs

Downloads
You can get each respective version from below.

Lite

To show your support please rate the app on the store and also give feedback of what you think so the app can be further improved. I hope you find Power Patcher useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Wow! This looks well done!
The pro version is only 1$!
I might actually get that! Any support for .ups or .aps in the future?

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I plan to add UPS support in the future yea and if I have the spec I can add support for any format :)

Zortac

League Champion
Years
Hello LinkAndZelda,
I tried it on my phone and it's great!
But, I've got a problem-your IPS patcher doesn't recognise my MicroSD card(I'm only able to access the phone memory).
Can you fix that please?

Back