• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Dubtrack Room

Years
PokeCommunity Dubtrack

This thread contains everything you need to know about the PokeCommunity's very own Dubtrack room! Dubtrack is a very cool site that allows a group of people to share their favourite music and listen to it together whilst sharing a chat on the side. It's extremely easy to do and a great way to not enjoy some epic tunes but also to make new friends.

How does Dubtrack work?

Dubtrack is functionally quite simple. Just search for the track that you want to play and a list of (hopefully) relevant Youtube videos or Soundcloud clips will come up. Hover over your preferred choice and you'll see a play icon and an icon with a heart. The play icon will add the selected track to your queue whilst the heart will allow you to add the chosen song to one of your playlists. You can then add songs saved to your playlists (or your whole playlist for that matter) to your queue. The songs in each participants own queue will then filter into the room queue and play one by one.

You will notice at the bottom of Dubtrack's main interface, three icons in the bottom right. The arrows are to up or downvote a song. Feel free to show your enthusiasm for a track using the upvote however we don't really make use of the downvote in our room. The heart there works the same as the one when searching for songs. Selecting it will allow you to add the currently playing song to one of your playlists.

Dubtrack does have some other features, but those are the main/important ones that you actually need to know.

When is the room open?

Good news on that front! The Dubtrack room is actually always accessible and you can typically get at least a few people to come in and join you just by posting here and/or in the music room on PCs Discord. Of course, there's a good chance someone will already be there anyway.

In addition to this, every weekend we run our official scheduled sessions. These are a group of three sessions run on both Saturday and Sunday from 10:00am GMT until 4:00pm GMT (a fourth session at a time more convenient for Americans will also be getting added soon). These sessions will typically be free play, meaning you are able to play anything music you want, however from 12-2:00pm we will usually be running a themed sessions, meaning it is preferred you play songs of a certain variety. You can normally find out about upcoming themes via Bulletin Board posts but anyone joining during these sessions will be informed anyway.

Furthermore, we will often run special events through the Dubtrack room. An example of this is our insanely awesome 24-hour sessions. These are mega-sessions, composed of multiple smaller segments, that run continuously over a 24-hour period. Many other special events are also likely to appear to keep an eye out for announcements!

Ranks

Although there are actually a few more ranks available on Discord, they are mostly superfluous and we don't use them. The ranks we do make use of in our room are as follows:

Resident DJ (RDJ): This is basically the equivalent of being "Voiced" on the Battle Server. It's a recognition of your frequent and valued activity in the Dubtrack room. RDJs have the privilege of being able to contribute to the room queue even when it has been locked my someone of staff rank. You will automatically be given RDJ status once you achieve 1000 dubs or more.

Moderator: Moderators work much the same in the Dubtrack room as they do anywhere else. They are there to make sure everyone is having a good time and manage the room. They have the ability to lock, unlock and reorder the queue. They can also ban or mute those who break the room's rules and are expected to regularly visit the room, promote it and participate in scheduled sessions.

Manager: Managers are more or less the same as Moderators although they've got a few more responsibilities and things they can do. Managers are responsible for helping plan and run the Weekend Sessions and events as well as for promoting users to RDJ or Mod status.

Owner/Co-Owner: Just glorified Managers really with the added job of handling any actual changes to the room's name, info or appearance.

Admins: These are Dubtrack's own staff. You probably won't see them very often but they can do all sorts of cool stuff.

Who runs the Dubtrack?

Dubtrack is another website run by a different group of people, we are just lucky enough to have a room there to make use of. As such our room is run by members of this forum, currently that means gimmepie, Aaron and Johnny. If you have any questions feel free to message any of us.

Last edited:
Years
I'll generally visit the room once or twice in a day, so some of you might see me in there tonight and, if not, definitely tomorrow.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I don't think I can tonight, but I am really happy to see this! I'll join one night for sure :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
I'll try and join in when I can. Just give me a mention if there's a session going on!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
just so you guys (or anyone who wants to make a pc room in general and not simply dubtrack) know, plug.dj is alive again
it's now stg.plug.dj or whatever
it's a bit beta considering glitches need to be ironed out all over again, but it's more or less the same site as before (I haven't found any differences) and is wanting activity once again

Years
Eh, I'll wait for the glitches to go away. Once those are ironed out we can work out if we want to switch or not. Also, I'm on now for anyone who wants to join me.

Years
Looking forward to seeing you all there! I'm on with aeternum now for anyone who wants to join us before then though!

Years
Almost time for the first radio session. ALL THE HYPE.
Then only a twelve hour break until we can do it all again. MORE HYPE.

Back