• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Loki's Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Boy did I pick a day to come back and respond to comments haha! I can't see anybody's usernames since they're all randomized (Excellent April Fools joke this year, though Todoroki will forever stand out in my memory)-- so I will just answer in order from my last update with numbers!

1. Ahhh I definitely see what you mean-- and that's my fault for not conveying the drawing correctly! I actually don't tend to draw the middle of the lips, so that there- the little dip on the far left-- isn't the philtrum, but rather it was my attempt to indicate that the lip wraps around and dips back in from the portrusion of the lips. I do get it though, and I do see how it looks that way-- I'll be more careful about that placement in the future! Also with the hair curl-- hmm perhaps the discrepancy between this piece and the others may be that I wasn't the one who designed this character's hair? This character doesn't belong to me-- but I'm sure if I'd done better it would've translated more naturally anyway! I'll pay more attention to the direction of hair from now on- thanks for your critique-- it was super helpful!

And yeah it was a coloring experiment haha-- trying to use fewer layers when I color. o<-< Thank you again, very much for your kind words! May I ask, on the first comic though-- I left that space between the upper and lower parts to convey the sense of falling- do you think it's unecessary? And hahaha I'll try not to disappear again! *V*d

2. I KNOW THIS IS ALEXIAL EVEN THOUGH YOUR USERNAME SAYS HAUNTER BECAUSE YOU'RE SPARKLING LMFAOOO but yeah! I have a friend who's totally into Rubik's Cubes as well-- he collects them and everything, so I knew it was an algorithm- but correct me if I'm wrong, since this was the concept I was playing on in the comic: I'm pretty sure that even if you know the algorithm, it's still not a walk in the park to solve it right? Because in the comic I was thinking that Royal and Ming, the first two in the comic, know the algorithm, but they just can't solve it as quickly as Zenri can.... IDK if that makes any sense though because I'm TERRIBLE at Rubik's Cubes hahaha!

Ahh thank you so much! I'm really glad to hear that you like my comics- and especially the panel flow, which is what I have the most trouble with since I haven't done much comic'ing in general. I'll do my best to bring more comics to the table from now on then! (And you know, now that I look at the hand, I think the middle finger is a little off... seems a bit too thick at the base, perhaps?)

3. Thank you so much! Hmm the time varies from piece to piece, depending on what technique I'm using. For example, a full body piece would probably take me an hour for the sketch, and 3-5 hours for the lines and colors if I don't do anything else. Full color bust shots tend to clock in around 3 hours on average. I'll time my drawings from now on though, to see if I can get a better estimate for you!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
In the end I've been totally stumped on what to draw a comic for, and so haven't drawn any! ;7; Sorry o)-<...
I'm terrible at storytelling haha

-cut-

An application for an UTAU RP. Man it's been a long time since I drew JUN! You can see some older versions of him in my old art galleries!
There are issues with the line coloring I know-- but I rushed it to make it on time OTL
I'll fix it... someday LOL o)-< Or just redraw it entirely...

Also!

In response to "how long does your art take", here's a drawing I did yesterday, from start to finish. 4 hours, all condensed into 4 minutes!

-cut-

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
Fantastic work here, Loki! A lot of these look really well done, especially the Jasper Hakumei one. The color palette in this picture is ideal for the maniacal tone, and the fine hatching technique you've done really emphasizes the facial features in the character.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Thanks Error! I love that brush, I should use it more often... *Q*

Just a few updates:

-cut-

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
I can't color anymore o)-<
But I still really like this piece.

-cut-

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Long time no see guys! I've been really busy lately-- literally out of my door from morning until night and I just haven't had any time to really sit down and surf the net! But I'll try to find some time to drop by and say a proper hello to everyone soon!
-cut-

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Daaayum, girl. Moment of realisation - you, pokey, jolyne and others are sooooooo goddamn good its unbelievable. I mean, I always thought you guys were excellent but it wasn't till I tried my hand at doing traditional art myself that I realised how difficult the whole thing is. I just posted two of my experiments on drawing hands in my gallery today but im like embarrassed now. They soooo ugly ;; esp when you compare to stuff done by you lmao

seriously, loki, I can stare at your work all day and not get tired of it. Your ability to draw characters with varied facial expressions, dynamic poses and just the variety in the stylish clothes you draw on them is astounding. I love your works. I LOVE THEM. ;____;

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Noooo no nonono LOL traditional art-- the feeling can be quite different from digital! I have an extremely hard time with traditional art, so my works not on the tablet-- where I can erase everything perfectly away and pull and skew and rotate whatever I want-- they can be quite derpy LOL

I love seeing your artwork though Dero, it's just great to see you working hard to improve and getting into it-- COME TO THE DARK SIDE AND DRAW WITH USSSS AHHHH lol it's so fun to create your own things!

But gosh thank you so much for your kind words-- I've got to try harder on varying my facial structures, since I tend to stick to my bishounen face, but someday! LOL I'll work hard to improve along with you!

Speaking of traditional art, I started the first page of my new sketchbook today-- hopefully I'll be able to join a Manga Circle here at my new university. I heard we have some seriously hardcore manga clubs, but...... we'll see if I join the hardcore ones or just the relaxation ones......... we'll see....... This is one of my example pages I hope to show though.

BVGgEF0CYAEAxgY.jpg

(As you can see, I have a number of anatomical errors that need fixing, but that I'm too nervous to fix because what if I can't draw it nicely again a second time LOL sob I've been spoiled by digital art!!)

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
LMFAO you've sure been kept busy in this thread haven't you Alexial? *V*;

Anyway, I have a number of other art I've finished in the past few days, but I felt Derozio (thanks for always being lovely and commenting on my works!) would appreciate this the most.

BWyA3RaCcAAk2jR.jpg

Trafalgar Law from One Piece! I'm currently working on Marco the Phoenix, so I'll have him done and ready to show sometime soon as well. Hopefully after Marco I can draw Zoro and Sanji and a few of my other favorite One Piece characters. (I've been very obsessed with One Piece lately, more than usual. You can see a glimpse of the Trafalgar Law Merchandise I've amassed in these past few days behind my sketchbook lol)

-cut-

I got to see redjuice paint live at the Tokyo Game Show, so I was terribly inspired to draw a proper piece- which is not something I usually do, as you'll notice that most of my work doesn't have distinct backgrounds but rather is usually just a template of some sort for a group. But seeing redjuice live has really set my motivation to improved little by little in gear. We'll see how long that lasts LMFAO...

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Oh my god. Law looks so damn cool there. <3 There's this thing, though. You did say that you tend to make most of your characters with the same bishounen faces. I didn't really think much of it earlier but this drawing made me think of it. Trafalgar law, by Oda's standards, is a pretty bishounen male. Yeah, we now have Cavendouche but let's just ignore him for now. Trafalgar law is already pretty bishounen in even oda's style but when you put your spin on it he ends up going even further up on the bishounen scale. :p Not that it is a bad thing or anything, but yeah, just saying because now I see what you meant when you said you tend to make all male characters look much more attractive in all your works. And ofjgdhahdhdhh marcoooooo!!!!!! That pretty boy omg you can have a really dynamic piece with him. What with those amazing phoenix wings and all. I look forward to it! Oh, and since you mentioned that you're gonna try and put more effort into backgrounds I'd love to see you do them with your OP drawings!!!

And TGS? Wait are you japanese? I heard you sing jap songs amazingly and now I hear you were at tgs. Just...curious. Lol. And I really, really like the coloring in the second drawing. It looks awesome. You really do need to draw more of these kinds of pieces. They look so much more amazing and dynamic. But I know, too much effort, right? Doing all this can be a pain at times yeah lol.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Ahhh you got me! o)-< Yeah, I sort of scratch my head over how to diversify my style- maybe hopefully with drawing some more One Piece fanart it'll get a bit better? Half the problem lies in that I have a specific face that I like looking at-- and thus like drawing LMFAO guhhh;;; I got chewed out by two of my friends who are huge Trafalgar Law fans themselves-- I forgot his earrings, put his tattoos on the wrong part of his fingers.... many problems that I must fix in the future!

I'm not Japanese, I'm Taiwanese American-- but I'm actually living in Japan right now! I'll be here for another year or so before toting myself back to America temporarily. TGS was great though!

I finished my Marco, but I'm not sure if I'll end up painting/polishing any of these digitally. I'll scrap these into 'practice', I think. (Read: I really just don't want to paint/color Marco's flames....)

BYekNvDCAAEwKV8.jpg

Then here's a picture I drew for my IRL friend-- well, we met online, but now we live in the same dorm! So I drew the first one for her character, and the second for her birthday!

-cut-

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
I've got a few WIP's to show today, since I can't seem to get anything finished...

-cut-

5d8uV.png

The Zoro WIP I posted in the travelling thread!

I also forgot to post this last time-- but here's a speed paint video of the birthday present I did of the blue haired guy!

-cut-

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Ahhh I've been really busy with midterms lately, so all I've done is sketch!

Trying to get the Oda style down (that's why all these busts) but damn it's really hard!? You'd think a loose style like that would be easy to imitate but it's really got its own flair of defying all the anatomical basics that I can't seem to let go of;;;

Most of these are characters designed by other PC members, gimmepie, Raikiri, and Magic Fox. They're our One Piece Roleplay characters!

BZC7TyoCcAAUkMf.jpg

5m1YP.png

(Except this is obviously Marco so.... Doodled in class, sorry it's on lined paper)

BZWrIIJCMAAFTkf.jpg

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
One word to put things all up, AMAZING!! {XD}
Your art are simply amazing man. You really done a good job. :) keep things up!
And keep sharing {:3}

Can you do some fan art of red?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Watch the request, Nutsy. It's not a big deal or anything but artists can/will do requests when they say so. :)

Anyway, Loki, I always come to this gallery when I need a pick-me-up in inspiration. Your work is just as good as it's always been. <3 But, question, why are you trying to emulate Oda's style? Just to learn/do something new? Or is there an end goal?

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Nutsy_!: Hmmm! I will give it a shot next time I'm bored in class, if you don't mind it being a sketch. I assume you want the manga version of Red? Or the OVA?

Alexial: Ahhh thanks so much! ;7; Especially for going out of your way to comment even though literally nothing ever changes around here hahaha- but yeah I'm actually trying to emulate his style for two reasons: 1. I'd like to start drawing more and more fan art of One Piece, and I think it's important to know the original style to be able to draw good fanart. I don't want to be that one person who 'draws' a character, but it doesn't even look like the original character you know? So the start is to emulate the style as best I can, and then incorporate what I learn about the characters' designs from that into my own style later on. And 2. I think Oda has an incredible talent for varying his characters' features, and so since I suffer a little from same-face-syndrome, I thought it'd be a good way to break out of that shell!

5sPvA.jpg

Only a small update today, I bought a set of 48 crayons at the dollar store down the street. I was sure they'd be crappy as hell (48 crayons for 1 dollar, like, really? My expectations were in the negatives LOL) but they actually turned out to be pretty okay! I still need to get better at inking though....

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Wow, happened across this gallery for the first time and I have to say this is really really awesome. To be honest I'm not really a fan of Oda's style, but what you've incorporated with your own has resulted in something really unique and cool. I like it a lot!

Your attention to detail is staggering too, I love your hair in particular. Really inspiring work, keep at it! I'll be sure to check back here for updates.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Nutsy_!: Hmmm! I will give it a shot next time I'm bored in class, if you don't mind it being a sketch. I assume you want the manga version of Red? Or the OVA?

Its me Nutsy_! ;)
Wow, thats nice of you! ^^

Hmmm.. Lets see, can you do the manga one? Haha XD
Can you do both? xD

I really love your arts btw ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back