• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Loki's Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
This is some breathtaking work, Loki.
Every piece in your latest update is so stunning and detailed! I was honestly so overwhelmed by it all (in a good way, of course). I haven't had the pleasure to see you improve from when you first opened your gallery to this point in time, since I'm still pretty new around here (haha), but I'm glad you decided to revive, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see your art :-D

Anyways, if I had to pick, [this] is probably my favorite of the bunch! I love the boldness of it and while I'm not familiar with the character I'm sure you captured their personality!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
AppleCode: Thank you very much! I'll do my best!
Veer: Thank youuu///
Infinite: Ahaha yeah it was-- buried in the depths over the course of the year I'm sure;;; Gosh I'm really very happy to hear you say that the colors look nice- colors are honestly my biggest weakness and I'm glad that it's... not... obvious... o)-< Thanks so much for sharing your favorites- I love the cards and sword pendant ones too!!
Kirby (IS THAT YOU FAIRY LOL): Oh that's a relief! Thank you so much- It's great to know that there's been some improvement haha;;;
myystogan: I have to say the one with the breathtaking work is you!! I took a peek at your gallery and your graphics are so on point I'm green with envy over your aesthetic eye!! Ah- but I'll save my effusions for your actual gallery haha-- thank you so much for your kindness towards mine! I'm glad to hear that the Arakita piece has your approval- I bash my head over that one all the time because of the anatomical errors;;;
Pacmon: Thank you!!

While I haven't managed to draw anything since my update, I'll leave this doodle for now. It was drawn just last week, before the Cards/Dice piece- both as a first attempt at an electric guitar (woefully butchered) and hand drawing practice!

-cut-

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Finally finished a drawing for one of my RPs on dA! It took three days of grueling 5 hour sessions, but 15 hours later I have something that looked... a lot better before I colored it. <___< I won't even start on how much I hate my color choices and the fact that the whole thing is basically the same creamy white-- but I've learned my lesson and hopefully will be wiser about my selections next time... o)-<

-cut-

Last edited:

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
Ah Loki, even your less polished pieces blow me away. You honestly make drawing look so easy, when in reality it's not easy at all to get lines as smooth as yours, or even end up with good proportions, lmao. (Or at least it's difficult for me and any others out there who can't draw humans, haha. Takes a lot of practice and dedication x_x )

So because of that I really admire your work! The [hands piece] in particular is just so gorgeous. From what I've seen in your gallery, your pieces are usually somewhat lighthearted, but you can definitely convey a variety of themes in your drawings - that sketch is proof of that. Overall, your collection is just.... SO DIVERSE. Personally I think you show versatility in terms of technique. Like, these three pieces - x, x, x - vary in style/texture, which shows that you can change things up. I love that!

I doubt you can ever disappoint, with that amazing art style of yours. It's so incredibly charming... and now that I think about it, it's probably part of your style at this point - making things so pretty and aesthetically pleasing, haha.
I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOUR PHENOMENAL WORK.

(And actually, on the topic of [this piece] - I do think some color choices are a bit drab, but that's probably because of how bright the sky is in comparison. The bottom half just looks a tad colorless because of that, I think.)
But yeah, really stunning piece regardless. I love how happy the girl looks. I would be smiling too, since that cake looks pretty damn good.

Years
Ahhh this is a great gallery! I love your art! Those guys are hot I wish I could draw this good TT_TT Great work!

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
myystogan: Goodness thank you!! ;7;;; Your sentiments mean a lot to me-- though I do struggle with conveying darker themes and ideas simple from the chunkiness of my style sometimes haha so I don't know if I'll ever be able to color that hands piece to my satisfaction...! It's entirely out of my skill level to do dark lighting o)-<;;; I'm glad that your take on my versitality is positive though, because I've definitely been told that it's a sign that I don't know what I'm doing LMFAOOO-- which is definitely what it feels like sometimes for me since coloring is a struggle every time OTL BUT your encouragement will help me trudge along the long road to.... nailing down a real coloring style... LOL

Ahh now that you point it out the sky is a little over saturated-- curse my love of bright cyan skies hahaha-- I'll probably try to incorporate brighter colors throughout the piece to even out the balance in the future. I need to stop falling back onto my Plan B cream white LOL... Thank you again, thank you a million for your lovely comments!! <3

Zanark: gjkald ///// I admit that I worked hard to try and draw guys relatively well so that I............. could drool over them myself /PUNCHED-- but in all seriousness it's good motivation LOL! Thank you for your comment, and I hope I can deliver more hot boys in the future ehehe

Christmas means it's the season for Mistletoe Memes-- and gift art!

-cut-

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I was inspired while listening to the Subvibe Remix of Disturbed's "Down With the Sickness" and thought I'd give graphics a spin again. The last time I made a tag it was... 2013 LOL... And I can't recall having ever done graphics with my own art before, so I gave it a shot when I couldn't find any stocks that fit what I had in mind.

I see a lot of things wrong with it-- i.e. really don't like the text but there's so many applied layers that removing it would be more work than I feel up to LMFAO :/ And it's really flat, but........ (I'm still trying to decide if I care LOL)

-cut-

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
A WIP of a huge undertaking I'm going to start on this year- 40 busts and 2 waist ups for a fake Fighting Game Character Selection Screen featuring me and my friends' characters from a Fantasy RP.

-cut-

From here on out it'll all be drawings from the new year, 2016!! Looking forward to this year as well! o/

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I swear I don't know why you don't love your colors they're just so creamy and calming and <33

I especially love the couple art you did the most, out of the most recent ones. (Apart from the creamy white one that you said isn't great but it isss) The details on the face and hair are just perfect and well done. It isn't so detailed that it would be too much, yet not simple enough that it would look so plain.

Plus those eyes.
No words.
<3

LOL thank you!! Well I think it'd just be nice if I were more consistent with my colors at least... Very kind of you though, hopefully I can be more confident with my weakness in the upcoming year...! I'm glad you like the couple arts ;7;;;/

-cut-

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Thanks killer!

Wowee wow-o look at me, for the first time in 5ever, I'm posting something that has to do with pokemon!

-cut-

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I'm so ****ing jealous. You can do that in an hour? It would take me a year to do that :P I love it, for a speedpaint, it's awesome!

I really liked the tag, the colors mix together really nice! Altough that little fireball thing below the text is kind of odd in there.The lightning from the back of the head is also odd, and is really sharpened, I would've blurred it a bit. And the text is perfect, I love it!

A question, you used a star brushes/texture or made the stars yourself? Keep them going Loki, I love all your stuff!

Yesss I did haha- I maximize my speed in exchange for the quality so I can pump out a lot of art. Quantity quantity hahah o)-<

And I'm glad to hear the tag wasn't a bust-- I wasn't very confident or happy with it... I definitely see what you mean about the fireball in the front now though- it's bothering me too now hahaha! It's actually not a brush or a texture, it's a fractal! But I didn't make it myself no haha too lazy...

Holy crap how did I never see your gallery before?! It's amazing! :D

LOL thank you Fox! ;7;;;/ That's very kind of you!

omg freaking epic and cute stuff
how can you be so talented ♥​

Thanks pebbles haha-- It's really just hours and hours of practice OTL No natural talent here I assure you haha

-cut-

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
LOL thanks killer

Here's the long overdue video of the drawing of my Trumpets OC:

-cut-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.