• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: GBA RomHack Utility Tool ( Backup Tool )

Years
What is GBA RomHack Utility Tool?
It is basically a tool which you can use to backup your ROMHacks like you would normally do when Developing a ROMHack.
Media
Spoiler:
Downloads

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
This makes me wonder - has anyone ever dealt with backing up their hack using source control (eg git, svn)? I know some people use source control for documents, but I've never seen anything like that. Obviously they wouldn't let you actually put ROMs on, say, GitHub, but patches would be fine.

On-topic, though, the tool looks fine. I'm just not sure how necessary it is - backing up ROMs is pretty simple - but something to speed up the tediousness of it would be nice.

Years
I just wanted to make a Backup tool and Contribute something to the Community :(.

sorry for the disappointment.

Last edited:
Years
I just wanted to make a Backup tool and Contribute something to the Community :(.

sorry for the disappointment.
Sorry if I sounded too harsh in my post and I appreciate that you're trying to help the community out, but I hope that you can understand that it is faster and easier to just copy and paste your rom.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Perhaps if this tool instead read the hack in progress and compared it to an original ROM automatically, then made a patch that is named with the date and revision number. If it allowed the hacker to make comments too, and save them in the same directory as a .txt ever-increasing readme that places the patch names and the comments together, this would be more useful.

I find patches more space efficient when working, but it's always a hassle making them, dating them, and keeping my changelog straight.

Years
Perhaps if this tool instead read the hack in progress and compared it to an original ROM automatically, then made a patch that is named with the date and revision number. If it allowed the hacker to make comments too, and save them in the same directory as a .txt ever-increasing readme that places the patch names and the comments together, this would be more useful.

I find patches more space efficient when working, but it's always a hassle making them, dating them, and keeping my changelog straight.

I want to create something like that. but idk if im capable of doing so. im new at programming and im still learning on the way. this was my first ever program to create so yeah, im not surprised if others won't like it xD

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
The fact you can make a tool, even if it does such a simple function, says you at least have some potential at making tools/programs. I'm sure if you keep learning and keep trying, you'll be able to make some pretty good stuff. ^^
Best of luck. :)

Years
The fact you can make a tool, even if it does such a simple function, says you at least have some potential at making tools/programs. I'm sure if you keep learning and keep trying, you'll be able to make some pretty good stuff. ^^
Best of luck. :)

Thank you for the motivation :D

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Not bad fellow country man! xD. But as some have already implied, copy paste is better. And one thing, the GUI is too complicated, so many buttons for a simple program. But good job man! Hope to see more of you on the future. :)

Years
Not bad fellow country man! xD. But as some have already implied, copy paste is better. And one thing, the GUI is too complicated, so many buttons for a simple program. But good job man! Hope to see more of you on the future. :)

Yeah I made the GUI that way :3 , and You will xD :)

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
I think this program has some pretty good potential. And if you want I might be able to help you set it to make patches instead.

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
As said, if you can add the ability to organize patches it would be useful just to save some time on organization. Maybe even with a .ini where you can designate the destination? There are actually a lot of neat ways to expand on this idea, so don't write it off as a missed shot just yet.

Anyway, the important thing for your first few programs is that they work as intended. No one expects you to make a next generation masterpiece overnight. :P

Last edited:
Years
As said, if you can add the ability to organize patches it would be useful just to save some time on organization. Maybe even with a .ini where you can designate the destination? There are actually a lot of neat ways to expand on this idea, so don't write it off as a missed shot just yet.

Anyway, the important thing for your first few programs is that they work as intended. No one expects you to make a next generation masterpiece overnight. :P

Well said xD .

I think this program has some pretty good potential. And if you want I might be able to help you set it to make patches instead.

Sure :o ,

Back