• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favourite VPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Astrill. It's pricy but, for China, it's seriously worth it.

I also switch between Astrill and Adblock on my phone too because Adblock actually blocks ads on apps, and it's free.

Last edited:

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
I use ProtonVPN, it's by the people who run ProtonMail and it seems pretty reliable and trustworthy plus Swiss privacy.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I use Luna on my phone and iPad. It blocks ads on websites and in game apps, and it has a usage-based upgrade system where you get more perks the more you use it. I just leave it on constantly and I'm already at a pretty high status.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I'm using Celo VPN and it has ad blocking, although I haven't looked lately to see if they've added anything. I got a lifetime membership for one low one-time payment through a promotion done on an affiliated website, and so far it's been really good to me, although their knowledgebase is lacking in important info, that which I've been able to toy around with and actually get working. All in all it's really good, they're always adding new servers. I don't use it often though, although I feel like I should, but some of the sites I access for work may throw up red flags if I'm accessing the sites on my phone from other countries' IP addresses. Additionally, for some unknown reason, the wifi at work blocks all VPN connections, which doesn't jive too well with me. I tend not to use it though because it's slow as hell, my LTE access is miles faster and I've got more data than I really need.

Years
I'm using Celo VPN and it has ad blocking, although I haven't looked lately to see if they've added anything. I got a lifetime membership for one low one-time payment through a promotion done on an affiliated website, and so far it's been really good to me, although their knowledgebase is lacking in important info, that which I've been able to toy around with and actually get working. All in all it's really good, they're always adding new servers. I don't use it often though, although I feel like I should, but some of the sites I access for work may throw up red flags if I'm accessing the sites on my phone from other countries' IP addresses. Additionally, for some unknown reason, the wifi at work blocks all VPN connections, which doesn't jive too well with me. I tend not to use it though because it's slow as hell, my LTE access is miles faster and I've got more data than I really need.
Word.

Years

You might possibly need to find a server that's good enough to get around it. For example I can't use netflix on a fair few of my Astrill servers because they detect the proxy on those specific servers, but others go undetected and I'm able to still use netflix.

Last edited:

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Another Private Internet Access user here. No bloat VPN with rather good reliability and rare issues. Just what I wanted!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I used to be with AirVPN as a trusted anon once recommended it for the hacktivist type. Recently though I switched to PIA to share a subscription with my husband, as he purchased a massive term up-front at a big discount. Only major complaint is a lack of IPv6 tunneling, which I need sometimes as a sysadmin.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 7, 2019
Tried a bunch of VPN services. The most notable problem is the stability. And the IP got blocked ofter coz of illegal usage by shared users. I am now building my own VPN via SS

Years
My Astrill VPN is just about to run out so I decided to download Express VPN and try the '30 days or your money back' deal and after a few days I can say I am not happy with it compared to Astrill. Takes a longer time to load, doesn't tell you how strong the connection is once connected, and caused a few problems here and there with my internet connection itself.

Still it does the job alright enough, just not as good as Astrill which surprised me as everyone says Express is the one for China.

I'll be using these 30 days then get the refund and go back to Astrill.

Years
SoftEther VPN Client Manager

This one is really free VPN and i am using it to watch some videos that are region-blocked (mostly for J-Pop stuff).

Years
SoftEther VPN Client Manager

This one is really free VPN and i am using it to watch some videos that are region-blocked (mostly for J-Pop stuff).
SoftEther is free in the sense that you would have to have the server established elsewhere; it's essentially a "self-hosted" VPN solution and not like one you'd subscribe to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back