• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Silph Co. is really annoying but eventually I got the hang of it and for the most part I know how to get to Gary after I battle Team Rocket; ALL OF THEM!

In Yellow particularly Pikachu not being able to evolve, that really annoyed me.

Then legendaries were really annoying by destroying my team.

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 15, 2014
Rock Tunnel because I was too lazy to get Flash, and Silph Co because who honestly enjoyed the Team Rocket interventions? :c

Theta Rex

Euclid
Years
I remember being far too lazy to bother catching enough Pokemon to score that Flash TM, so every time I went through Rock Tunnel, I walked the entire thing in the pitch black, walking into walls and wild pokemon every step of the way. Didn't help that the first five or six runthroughs were done on a GBC.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2017
  1. The Pokémon Mansion. x_x
  2. Constantly bumping into Zubats in caves.
  3. Wrap.
so every time I went through Rock Tunnel, I walked the entire thing in the pitch black
Ahahaa I did that first time playing, I didn't know about Flash until someone told me after, after many attempts (sometimes going back through the entrance) I managed to get out of the tunnel. <3

Koi

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
The thing that really annoyed me in the first generation games was Mt. Moon and the part where you had to battle bunch of trainers to see Bill, and a Victory Road, always pain in a butt. /:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
OMG I HATED WRAP AND BIND! I'd completely forgotten they'd existed until reading this thread and now I'm filled with rage at their mere mention. Rock Tunnel and Silph Co and all those tunnels were fine for me, because I had a strategy guide, but if some evil critter decides to Wrap your Pokemon, there's no way you're getting out of that mofo! Grr...

Years
At Pokemon Yellow, it used to be the Rock Tunnel. You know, the tunnel that connects to Route 10 to Lavender Town. Because my Pikachu used to be like...really high leveled while my other pokemon were sitting in the 10s? And there were hikers EVERYWHERE and each of them had at least eaither a geodude or an onix. And those geodude ALWYAS used Selfdestruct; which always OHKO'd my Pikachu...so I had to come back and forth out of the Rock Tunnel, healing my pokemon. Also, I didn't like how it was dark and you needed flash; that part was also annoying. :l
I never received Flash, so imagine my torment of making it through Rock Tunnel in the dark. :v

So, to answer the original question:
- Mt. Moon was horrible because the constant Zubats.
- Rock Tunnel was horrible because I never got Flash.
- Fuschia City gym was horrible because there's a very steep level curve between his gym and the rest of the world. None of my Pokemon had even hit 40 yet and he had a level 50 Venomoth. D:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Silph Co. - And Sabrina's gym for that matter. The moving and teleporting titles got annoying and confusing.

Fuchsia Gym- The invisible walls always threw me making me spend a long time to get to Koga. And in Yellow where is Pokemon are overleveled compared to Erica's who had levle 30 Pokemon. Then Koga has Pokemon 48-50? Completely unfair.

The music in Lavender Town in general annoyed me, I hated going through there.

francoisdillinger

Trainer of Sorts
Years
Victory road. Because at that time i just wanted to fight the elite 4 without first getting lost a million times in a cave full of machokes and geodudes.

Years
silph co. and victory road were my most hated areas lol. and when the screen went funny when your Pokemon got poisoned, i thought it was because my batteries were dying ahahah :D

Vasquez

Hacker and LPer
Years
Playing it after a long break, the thing that annoys me is that it had no post-game. Once you beat the E4, that's it. I mean, it's not like that's a MAJOR complaint, seeing as it was, after all, the FIRST generation, but still, playing it after playing even Gen II leaves me feeling somewhat unsatisfied.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
The whole part of going back and forth between Lavender Town, Celadon City and Saffron City (that includes Rocket Hideout, Silph and Co and the Pokémon Tower). I wanted to continue my journey and go explore the Pokémon world further. The dark cave before Lavender Town was just the introduction of a part in the game I didn't like that much. |D
Also Victory Road could be done a bit differently.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I always hated the dark cave, mostly because I didn't want to have any of my Pokemon use flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back