Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Draconius GO

Old September 23rd, 2017 (5:02 AM).
Yep

Title is self explainatory. So what are some case where you had a battle, any battle, where you were expectin to flunk badly, but then did okay?

For me, i swept the Water trail in my Sun nuzrun with a freaking Gastly. Yes thats right. All it took was a Curse attack, a Sitrus berry, the Totem derping and using Soak (thats totally gonna be useful if Water gun is literally your only attack), the totem not summoning an Alomomola, and Gastly having Hidden power Electric. And did i mention that Soak was totally a good descision, cause the Totem's little friend tried to Faint attack my Ghost which could have killed him...if he lost his Ghost typing because of Soak.

So has there ever been a case where you thought something bad might happen, but things ended up going smoothly?

X Nuzlocke comic

---
    and here's the rest if anyone cares

2015 is the worst, most overrated, and most unnecessary year of all time. Sometimes I wished nobody liked it.

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 23rd, 2017 (6:15 AM).
    Like a rhythm to the sea
    • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
    It was VC Gold, and I was planning on soloing Whtiney with my Quilava for muks and giggles. I had zero expectations of winning and all of my expectations were going towards Quilava kissing the ground due to Miltank's Rollout.

Interestingly enough, Whitney ended up being one of my easiest Gym Battles! Thanks to smokescreen spam, Miltank couldn't even lay one attack on me so really I just spammed Ember on it to death.

I'll be chasing waterfalls tonight

Old October 23rd, 2017 (7:04 AM).
    Rebel Scum
    • Silver Tier
    • PokéCommunity Daily

Nature: Sassy
    In my Shiny-only run in X, I was expecting Grant to destroy my team, consisting of Braixen, Gulpin and an underleveled Mawile. Suprisingly, my Mawile destroyed his team (even though it also had terrible moves). I had prepared a lot for this battle and it was so easy, I was pretty confused because I remembered him being kinda tough.

Old October 23rd, 2017 (7:46 AM).
    • Silver Tier

Nature: Impish
    In VC Silver, I was more concerned about the battle with Morty than I was with Whitney, because I've always struggled more in his gym than in hers. When it came time for it, the battle with Morty's Gengar itself wasn't as difficult as I had anticipated and the battle took all of a few minutes before it was over.
    Old October 23rd, 2017 (9:16 AM).

Nature: Mild
      Everything in Silver when I replayed it. I don't remember losing to anyone
      Old October 23rd, 2017 (4:22 PM).
      • Platinum Tier
      • PokéCommunity Daily
      • Discord Moderoid
      • Developer

Nature: Quirky
      The Hoenn Elite Four. I'm not sure why they ended up being a good 10 levels lower than pretty much every other E4 in Pokémon - there's nothing in the game's level curve that suggests that being necessary. But yeah I pretty much swept them in both RSE and ORAS.
      Old October 25th, 2017 (9:58 PM).
      Blathering Fool

Nature: Lax
        Fighting Wally at the end of Victory Road in Omega Ruby.
        I was super nervous about fighting him especially because of his Gallade. Though the battle ended up running very smooth. I kind of was expecting Wally to hit me pretty hard a few times, but he never really did.

"Somewhere off in a distant world, an island exists, where the ocean only meets the sand, where the weather is always warm. An adventure begins, traveling from the vast lands into the deep seas, chasing into the heart of the tropics, where the plants are vibrant and the beasts are fantastic. We will find each other there, chasing the fleeting dreams of a land full of beauty and potential."
        Old November 2nd, 2017 (6:14 PM).
        • Silver Tier

Red in Pokemon Gold. I struggled with the Elite Four (probably because I was only using an unevolved Totodile), but somehow, I ended up with an actual (albeit unbalanced) team by the time I got to Red. I thought I would struggle, since the Elite Four was supposed to be hard, but I found the battle surprisingly easy. In fact, I was so disappointed that I didn't struggle with it that I ended up turning the game after I beat Red for the first time so that everything wouldn't be over so soon (I didn't realize at that point that I could rematch him). He wasn't any harder the second time I battled him, either.
        Old November 4th, 2017 (5:38 AM).
        • Platinum Tier
        • PokéCommunity Daily
        • Discord Moderoid
        • Developer

Nature: Quirky
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Imperator161 View Post
        Red in Pokemon Gold. I struggled with the Elite Four (probably because I was only using an unevolved Totodile), but somehow, I ended up with an actual (albeit unbalanced) team by the time I got to Red. I thought I would struggle, since the Elite Four was supposed to be hard, but I found the battle surprisingly easy. In fact, I was so disappointed that I didn't struggle with it that I ended up turning the game after I beat Red for the first time so that everything wouldn't be over so soon (I didn't realize at that point that I could rematch him). He wasn't any harder the second time I battled him, either.
        What levels were you at? That's like, generally considered a pretty tough battle lol
        Old November 5th, 2017 (1:35 PM).
        • Silver Tier

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
        What levels were you at? That's like, generally considered a pretty tough battle lol
        Don't quite remember at this point. I want to say that Totodile was in the low to mid 70s (it was at 65 when I beat the Elite Four, and I don't think it gained that much in Kanto because I started training other things), and the rest of my Pokemon were in the 50s maybe? I know I had added a lot more of my team by then, but I know some of my team members didn't get fully trained up for quite a while. (And I had a pretty unbalanced team, too - Totodile, Blastoise, Quagsire, Pikachu, Hoothoot [didn't evolve it for a few more years], and filler.) Looking back on it, I wouldn't call it a particularly well-prepared team, which I think is part of why it threw me so much that I found the battle pretty straightforward.

Quick Reply