• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2011
People play this game at four years old? wtf how can you read? Four year olds can barely speak well.

There is only 1 major non-balance, non-fluff problem with the game.

It is too freaking easy.

You heard me. I'm talking low-level no item speed run yawn fest easy. Maybe I'm too awesome of a gamer but come on. All the puzzles exactly made sense first run through. All the enemy pokemon are way underleveled. Too easy to grind (infinite xp!). Enemy pokemon chose stupid moves, etc. The easiness of it made it feel slow (which it was considering the gb's cpu)

Everytime I play it I have to go do some nightmare mode or low level or speed runs just to not atrophe.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
Years
People play this game at four years old? wtf how can you read? Four year olds can barely speak well.
Err, when I was 4 years old I could already speak and read, and write a bit.

To not be off-topic: Only thing that annoys me in RBY is Rock Tunnel. There's too much Zubats. :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
What annoyed me was how slow everything was, it took forever to talk to someone and even longer to walk a few steps :p

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I hate Zubats and everything they stand for. EVERYTHING. THEY. STAND. FOR.

Besides those stupid, annoying, useless, pathetic excuses for Pokemon that JUST WON'T LEAVE ME ALOOOONE, Sabrina's Gym drives me crazy. I can't stand those stupid warp tiles anywhere, but at least the Rocket ones have the good manners to have an easy route back to where you started so you can try again. Sabrina's just throw you around and get you hopelessly lost. It also kind of bugs me that I keep having to double back to get stuff like the bike and the Poke Flute and stuff. Makes it very hard to keep track of where I am.... Recover and Rest can also go rot with all the Zubat. Stop healing when I'm trying to defeat you, dangit!

At least trainers didnt use potions.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
I hated the caves and zubats and geodudes. When I first played Yellow, I REALLY hated the part when yur stuck in Lavender Town's Pokemon Tower. I could never get past that mother ghost marowak. I would always forget how to get through(silph scope, bleh).

I also hated how the game never really gave yu a hint on what yu had to do next. I always found myself looking through walkthroughs. With the current games, its easy to get through since they kinda guide yu through. In Pokemon R/B/Y/G/S/C yu kinda had to guess on what to do next. I could never remember that in Crystal yu had to go back to Goldenrod after yur 7th badge and defeat Team Rocket in the Radio Tower.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
Years
The only real thing I hate about those games was having to trade. Back then, trading was a real pain.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
Years
The annoying Pokemon (Zubat and Tentacool, mainly) and Rock Tunnel were the worst.

I didn't like using Flash, and I hated encountering those two Pokemon every five seconds.

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2012
Probably the rock tunnel, I never had a Pokemon with Flash :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2011
Everytime you randomly encounter your rival. Not to mention inside Silph co, my pokemons didn't have much HP left and when i managed to find the way of the teleporters he appears to ruin the day...

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
The fact I'd have to go into the bag constantly to fish and cycle.

As for locations/events... Seafoam Islands, evidently, as I never bothered to traverse them from entrance to exit.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2017
Silph Co. I must've spent DAYS stepping on random warps to find the end. And once I finally stumbled on the correct warp, Blue jumped me again. He proceeded to wipe out my half-dead team, sending me back to the Pokemon center, and making me spend about another day randomly stepping on warp tiles. AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

cipE

Breaking
Years
Probably the Elite Four to be honest. I like going through the story and it's a lot better than grinding all the time to try to beat them. Other than that it's Rock Tunnel, most annoying part ever.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I would say Lt. Surge's gym and Mt. Moon.
I hated Lt. Surge's gym because of the goddamn puzzles in there, and I hated Mt. Moon because of all the wild Pokémon attacking, and because of all them Rocket Grunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back