• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

FHJoker

Re-thinking Osmium
Years
When I look at the Area section of Pikachu's Pokedex entry I get this

Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `mapppos' for #<PokemonNestMapScene:0x89c2368>
PokemonNestAndForm:58:in `pbStartScene'
PokemonNestAndForm:57:in `each'
PokemonNestAndForm:57:in `pbStartScene'
PokemonNestAndForm:51:in `each'
PokemonNestAndForm:51:in `pbStartScene'
PokemonNestAndForm:136:in `pbStartScreen'
PokemonPokedex:821:in `pbDexEntry'
PokemonPokedex:756:in `loop'
PokemonPokedex:828:in `pbDexEntry'
PokemonPokedex:755:in `pbActivateWindow'

Similar Happens with Chansey also and probably others. This is on a fresh Verison of Essentials

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years

Message: undefined local variable or method `mapppos' for #<PokemonNestMapScene:0x89c2368>

Similar Happens with Chansey also and probably others. This is on a fresh Verison of Essentials
Did you try making a new save?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
The event move route needs to be fixed. Honestly I wish there was a better way to set up move routes but it is built in RPG MAKER XP.
There is a problem with "Ignore If Can't Move" in "Move Route" for Player.

mad.array

Eeveelutions... need more...
Years
During the end of round phase in PokeBattle_Battle, I've found something slightly peculiar. Everything runs fine up until

'@battlers.pbAbilitiesOnSwitchIn(false)' (Line 3372)

This seems to only run through once (it is nested in a 'for i in priority' loop). Subsequently, the next turn starts before things like the flinch effect etc. have finished resetting.

EDIT: I figured it out. Actually, it was posting it which drew my attention to it. '@battlers' needs to be changed to i. I can't believe I've been scratching my head over this for the last half an hour!

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
During the end of round phase in PokeBattle_Battle, I've found something slightly peculiar. Everything runs fine up until

'@battlers.pbAbilitiesOnSwitchIn(false)' (Line 3372)

This seems to only run through once (it is nested in a 'for i in priority' loop). Subsequently, the next turn starts before things like the flinch effect etc. have finished resetting.

EDIT: I figured it out. Actually, it was posting it which drew my attention to it. '@battlers' needs to be changed to i. I can't believe I've been scratching my head over this for the last half an hour!

Yep, that's right. It's because I tend to copy lines of code from place to place, and don't always make sure it works. Different parts of the scripts refer to battlers in different ways, and indeed that end-of-round method refers to them in both ways in different places (sometimes i is a number, sometimes it's the battler itself).

Maruno

Years
It would have made the def pbEndOfRoundPhase exit early, which means lines 3372 and later wouldn't ever run. This includes abilities that occur when a battler is switched in (e.g. weather), Truant's and Lock-On's counting down, and the cancelling of effects like flinching, Helping Hand, Charge, Magic Coat and Snatch (and a few others). This would result in some quirky behaviour, including a battler flinching from being attacked in the previous round, Pokémon always remaining Charged, and Regigigas never toggling between attacking and truanting.

That's what I'm guessing.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023

I've just run into that error. Its due to mapppos
Theres an extra p in there, its in the v10 download as well

Find the line

showpoint=false if loc[0]==mappos[1] && loc[1]==mappos[2] &&
loc[7] && !$game_switches[loc[7]]

in that file and change mapppos[2] to mappos[2]

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
It seems that variables & switches that are supposed to set after a trainer battle don't seem to happen.
Its the same in a unedited version of essentials as well

I have the following event, which is trainer event
View attachment 66745

And a door event
View attachment 66746

When you beat the trainer, the door is supposed to open, but the variable doesn't get set. It doesn't get set if i make the variable set to the second page

And yet, this event works
View attachment 66747

Maruno

Years
It seems that variables & switches that are supposed to set after a trainer battle don't seem to happen.
Its the same in a unedited version of essentials as well

I have the following event, which is trainer event
View attachment 66745

And a door event
View attachment 66746

When you beat the trainer, the door is supposed to open, but the variable doesn't get set. It doesn't get set if i make the variable set to the second page

And yet, this event works
View attachment 66747
It appears that Essentials is putting trainer comments back into the event even if you've deleted them (perhaps because the event's name is still "Trainer"), which means when you run/compile the game any changes to that trainer are erased. You'll only notice if you close RMXP and open it again.

This behaviour is unwanted, and I'll have a look at it.

Maruno

Years
Even so, it shouldn't do that - I can easily imagine a scenario where you'd want a trainer who can spot the player from afar and who does something special.

I had a quick look, and I found the script section Compiler and the lines beginning at 3658. It looks like this behaviour is caused by an automatic conversion of some way-old method trainers used to work ("legacy"), so this behaviour was never actually intended. I've not tried this yet, but if you delete that entire "if" statement there (to line 3750), it should work.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Removing lines 3670 to 3746 solved the issue. The comments are no longer being added back

Back