• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Meowth is going to evolve Eevee in the movie so its something to do with how Meowth evolves it. I don't think Gender has anything to do with it at all seeing as only 1 Eevee Evolution was shown. If more than one is to appear they'd have shown it as well.

So most likely outcome is new Item Evolution.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Well every pair of Eeveelutions (Trio in Gen 1) evolves different way, depending on generation.
In Gen 1, you've had to evolve Eevee with evolution stones. In gen 2, you've had to max out happiness and level it up at a certain time, and the last way is to level it up near a rock. So perhaps a new way to evolve Eevee into Ninfeon instead of items or outside battle? I think that Ninfeon is a Normal type since it doesn't look like any other known type.

Years
I think some more branch evolution's would be cool. Also gen III does need some pre-evolutions or evolution's. Mawile, tropius, torkoal, kecleon, delibird, shuckle, durant, and chatot are pokes that i think really need some kind of evolution.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I don't know if this theory has been posted (sue me if so) but I found this very interesting:

Spoiler:

Probably very unlikely but if it happened it would be quite amazing, though I'm not very happy about there being an Eeveelution that's "above" the others. Not to mention if they make an Eeveelution capable of changing into all the existing ones, it would probably mean there aren't any new ones coming.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I don't know if this theory has been posted (sue me if so) but I found this very interesting:

Spoiler:

Probably very unlikely but if it happened it would be quite amazing, though I'm not very happy about there being an Eeveelution that's "above" the others. Not to mention if they make an Eeveelution capable of changing into all the existing ones, it would probably mean there aren't any new ones coming.
That would require a major retcon of the already existing prism scale, which is an item exclusive to Feebas. But hey, other then that cool theory, and it makes sense why there is only 1 eeveelution insofar.

Years
It's hard to think of ways it you could evolve Ninfia that haven't already been covered. Teaching it a certain TM move, perhaps? That wouldn't overlap with any of the other methods of evolving Eevee.

Spoiler:

And it has bows, as in rainbows. It's an interesting notion, but like you said it puts one Eeveelution over the other 7 and that doesn't seem likely. Simply giving it a prism scale to make it evolve? Much more likely.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Maybe it's Dragon type, Dragon's are related to Nature in Japan while Nymphs are related to nature in the west. However when I think of Nymphs I tend to think of water, wind, and wood, types commonly associated with them, water and well grass in this case are taken so it'll leave wind or flying in this case. Also I remember the anime introduced Glaceon before Leafeon, and Umbreon before Espeon so the short could be similar introducing one before the other.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Evolution
Gen 3 has the largest amount of single stage Pokemon. Most of them, aren't "fine" and do need evolutions.
Single stage aren't enough reason for them to have evos. Relicanth for example, would do just fine without evo. And even, IMO evolution would kinda ruin them.
But something like this
|
|
V
Agreed. A lot of those need evolutions, and actually there are other single-stage pokemon that could use pre-evos. i.e. Tauros and Miltank.

Imagine hatching a Tauros out of an egg, or a Lapras!
These are just few of Pokemons that I thought need evos or pre-evos
Add Onix, Kangaskhan, and Kecleon to that list.
Probably the most scary part about our favorite and older Pokémon receiving new evolutions is that sometimes we're not going to like them. I want Absol to gain an evolution, but the biggest fear I have is that I'm not going to like it. The thing is, we either learn to accept them or we choose not to. Then there's the choice of using them, if at all. It's not something that's forced upon us. Either way, it happens. It just happens...
[...]
Thanks for the response.
Well, for me what make the ribbon are not akin to other eevolution type feature is the really unnatural feel to it. It just the ribbon just thrown there without any thought. Even if that ribbon DO have special purpose that more useful than Vaporeon's fin, It wouldn't denying that it still can look a lot better.

This is such huge letdown for me, being eevolution and all. But there are still about 150+ Pokemon to go. I'm pretty sure there will be any other Pokemons that suit my liking. Just hope Sugimori Ken would bring another "Volcarona-class" or "Haxorus-class" for Generation VI.

Well, that's your opinion; I respect and admire that. Yeah, sometimes we're not going to like what we see with the new pokemon revealed. Not a lot of people like Ninfia too. Maybe they were disappointed that it's been believed that Eeveelutions are supposed to be blunt, a one color, one thing going on design, and Ninfia has ribbon or something coming out of it and has a bow on; too much for an eeveelution. Although I think quite differently from that, but, it's their own opinion. Also, how can it be essential for battling? There's so much factors for it's appeal; I do wonder what GF goes from there.

Maybe Ninfias bows can be taken as a reference to butterfly kites. They're small butterfly shaped kites that have long ribbons trailing behind them in the wind. The "bows" do look like butterflies. Could that represent Flying? Ninfia's design does bear a resemblance to Sklya, Pokémon Black and White's Flying-type gym leader, and the whispy "ribbons" could point to that too.
[...]
For me eevolution is not about being mono colored or something like that >__>
I like Ninfeon colorful design and shape. It just the ribbon that really look out of place, ruining the whole design of it.
For me that ribbon just look "cute for the sake of cuteness" nothing else. Even if that ribbons were really necessary, they could design it to look more naturally rather than being look like a contest accessories.
Thanks for the response, by the way :D

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
So...

Ninfia's english name is Sylveon. Does that provide any clues to it's typing? Because I thiink it's root word is Silva being the Latin word for forest or wood. Maybe not?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
We need a Skarmory and Heracross pre or evolution stage.

Is it illegal for Nintendo/Pokemon/Game Freak to jump boat and add a 4th evolution stage or plausible 5th. ex; (Zubat>Golbat>Crobat>???(No branch off evolution like Politoed))

I wouldn't wanna see too many evolutions on one Pokemon :( Imagine if the Zubat line you mentioned had another evolution, the only thing that could become of that would be like, a vampire? idk. And even so idk if that's entirely suitable for a Pokemon design lmao.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
The english name makes me think Flying, but the trailer screams normal-type, lol. I'm hoping for Flying, though.

Remember that Eevee statue with ground Pokemon in the first trailer? If another Eeveelution is announced after this one, I bet it will be Ground-type. I hate to use "patterns" for the basis of my speculations, but they've always released eeveelutions with types that have some sort of relation. Or maybe that statue is of the first Eevee that evolved into Sylveon, something it did so it could be around its ground-type friends without getting hurt, since Eevees evolve to adapt to their surroundings.

Last edited:

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
So...

Ninfia's english name is Sylveon. Does that provide any clues to it's typing? Because I thiink it's root word is Silva being the Latin word for forest or wood. Maybe not?

Really, The I should start calling it Ninfeon Sylveon.
It can't be Grass, since we know we already had Leafeon. It keeps leaning toward Bug-type I guess.
Looks ridiculous for me since the one thing that hint of it "type" it just a ribbonbutterfly-shaped random thing.

Years
Hmm, well fairies are bug like creatures so perhaps it's typng is bug, it'll be shocker I admit as it doesn't look like what I expect the majority of the pokemon fan base would've imagine a bug eevee to look.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hmm, well fairies are bug like creatures so perhaps it's typng is bug, it'll be shocker I admit as it doesn't look like what I expect the majority of the pokemon fan base would've imagine a bug eevee to look.

Fairies aren't bug like. They are spiritual beings. They can have different types of wings (assuming you only know about the common disney cute ones) that can be based on animals, plants, or insects, sometimes they even take after an element they embody if they are elemental fairies.

Originally, fairies were old demonic looking creatures, both male and female that would kidnap children and eat them. Then you have the god-like majestic "elf" like versions commonly called Fae which were incredibly powerful. They were still evil and plotted many attempts to thwart the growth of man-kind. So depending on what stories you know, just calling it a fairy can be misleading.

I know of a bunch of different types of fairy, some good and some evil. Barely any are bug like outside of the possibility of them having butterfly, Bee, or Dragonfly like wings. Though they also have Fairies with Petal like wings and others that as I said, are from the elemental energies.

Years
I'm aware of all that, I was refering to the common bug like wings depiction commonly seen now in days, which influence perception (for example Santa claus isn't fat, that was marketing by Coka cola) of the media. Also bug is the only other element I can relate to fairies that isn't Flying or one that's taken...well maybe rock as some of the elvish folk seem to be associated with rock but I don't think this eevolution is based on an elf. Oh wait Ghost can also fit, as some fair folk appeared as ghost like creatures in some myths...

Anyways I'm crossing mu fingers for a Castform evolution, it holds the biggest chance of all the gimmick pokémon to get one (none of them have gotten one yet...) imo.

Years
Since Eevee has a new evo, probably others Pokémons will have a evo/pre-evo.
I would like to see an evo for Pinsir. If Scyther had one, I think Pinsir can have one too.

Back