• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Wonder what lines will have branch evolutions introduced seeing how each even gen has had branch evolutions to past generations (usually the one directly before it), maybe a different final to Unova's toad to parallel Kanto's toad.

Also evolutions to Clamperl's evolutions.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Also evolutions to Clamperl's evolutions.

Hahahaha no. :(

Not only would it make Gorebyss in particular harder to take down (allowing it to set up two SS with eviolite) and completely murder opponents, imagine how strong their evolutions will be! I mean, if SS + Drizzle was allowed in OU Gorebyss would be there even, sooo...

Also, they'd evolve into gigantic creatures ;_;

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
A possible Masculine branch evo to Gothorita to mirror Gallade from the Ralts line, considering both lines are rather feminine.

Also, a pre evo for both Tauros and Miltank that can evolve into either, this is something we need.

And finally, maybe an evo for Banette, Dusclops got an evo in the form of Dusknoir, but its counterpart, Banette, never got one, so an evo for Banette just to make things even.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
I'd love to see an evolution for Octillery, but that's a personal preference. A pre evo for Sawk and Throh seems more likely to me, one that evolves into either.

And, of course, more Eeveelutions. Always more.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I would like a new evolution of seviper, I don't know why, its just cool...

This could work! I personally felt that Seviper was kind of the lesser battler as far as the whole Zangoose vs Seviper thing. I don't think it would make Seviper too overpowered, especially considering Zangoose's ridiculous attack boost within Toxic Boost(Zangoose wins anyway).

woah, don't forget Seviper's arch-rival, shall we? Both Seviper and Zangoose could have evolution, that would make them even more versatile in battle, and cooler. If it also come with pre-evo, it would make thing even better.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Except again, Zangoose is already super powerful because of it's ability, Toxic Boost. Do you even know what a Swords Dance Boosted Facade + Toxic Boost even feels like(and Swords Dance isn't even that necessary)?

..It's a lot of pain. A lot. Of pain.

Well, if that is the case, then Zangoose should receive a pre-evo, and Seviper an evo. Sound like a fair deal, no?

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Evo - Bannette, Corsola, Qwilfish, Gothitelle, Durant, Sableye, Mawile, Cherrim, Carnivine, Swoobat, Chimecho

You mean Gothorita? An alt.evo. Wonder what the radical thing about it would be. (Apart from being a Psy/Dark poke or something)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hm, well, from speculations, I see people are very excited about the possible totally new mechanics to evolve old pokemon, but, what about the possibility that maybe it's also likely to presume that GF uses already "used" methods? For example, trading with Metal Coat or getting evolution while leveling up with AncientPower attack and so on. And in a way, I find it that way more reliable to discuss which pokemon are possible to get (pre)evo. Yes, I know, technically "all" of the pokemon can evolve excluding legendary and those which have already 3 stages, or hmmm, maybe can they add 4th stage evos? Yes, I see it unlikely, but...

When thinking this way, I find it easier to figure out possible solutions and so on. Like, say: Pinsir/Marowak/Farfetch'd? I'd see it likely to get evo in a way. I dunno, I find it hard to see those mons evolve "naturally" while just leveling up. I can in a contrary figure them quite clearly to evolve with help of Metal Coat to something which is, well., coated in metal! Then also I can imagine them having some ancient-form evo with help of AncientPower, although Marowak is only one of those I mentioned which have possibility to learn it.

Also, knowing GF they love to introduce "side-evolutions" for already existing Pokemon (dissapointing community usually, for not giving evo for mons which should've deserved it). Talking one's like Bellossom/Frosslass and so on. Is there pokemon you think could fit in this category that GF could consider using for new side-evolutions?

I'm just saying an idea about maybe possible speculations about a Relicanth evo, I found it some time ago that maybe it can be very plausible that it'd evolve. Not naturally of course because of its whole idea. I thought that "Maybe in next generation they'd have some scientists which have been studying this extraordinary creature, and found out that in some special way (like the aforementioned Metal Coat, AncientPower and so on...) it'd evolve!" I thought Relicanth evolving into some Water/Steel would be awesome. Empoleon sort of satisfied my thoughts in IV Gen at that time, but oh well.

I'm trying to say, that when we think that how'd GF let some Pokemon evolve after many generations, I see it very unlikely it'd do it "naturally". Why would them suddenly evolve without any assistance in a way? Evolution in real life isn't so terribly fast you know. In certain aspects, yes, but oh well. Nowadays it is we humans which speed it up artificially, directly or in-directly.

Maybe this way we can figure out easier which are more likely to evolve, although those might not be those Pokemon which community anticipate to evolve... Does some certain suggested Pokemon have in their real life counterparts some ancient, well-known, "stronger" versions? Or are there some pokemon which seem very appropriate and kind of "cool" (In childrens eyes at least) with new armour-like thing? And yeah, I know all the other stone/happiness/place based methods... I just don't mention examples about them, to keep this simple. Do you find some older pokemon "very likely" to evolve to darker form with Dusk Stone or more divine form with Shiny Stone?

Fennevyrom

Oh and charizard XD
Years
Damn im so nooby, don't know how to add quotes. But anyway this is a reply to shengar.
Yeah, I think that would work pretty well. Zangoose is kind of over-powered compared to seviper. I might make a sprite of what servipers evo would look like.

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, I'd like to see a Seviper evolution, it would make it more of a worthy Pokemon and I'm sure much more people would pay attention too it since it's currently NU.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
A pre evo for emolga and pacharisu would be good as well. They're clearly related!

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Damn im so nooby, don't know how to add quotes. But anyway this is a reply to shengar.
Yeah, I think that would work pretty well. Zangoose is kind of over-powered compared to seviper. I might make a sprite of what servipers evo would look like.

The thing is, Poison type is crap as offensive Pokemon and we all knew that Seviper have good stat on both attack and spec attack, but with low speed and def stat, usually seviper will go down fast. Its ability also not so useful compared to Zangoose. Yes, Seviper could have an evolution that raised it speed and/or better ability.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
The problem with giving Seviper an evolution is that it already looks complete in terms of design. We also have to keep an eye out of their total base stats because Game Freak would never add a new evolution for Pokemon with base stats that are around 500.

Years
The problem with giving Seviper an evolution is that it already looks complete in terms of design. We also have to keep an eye out of their total base stats because Game Freak would never add a new evolution for Pokemon with base stats that are around 500.
Maybe they can just give it 20 or so increase to stats, or give it a new type like they did with Scyther such as
dark and keep the same stat total. The strongest pokemon to have evolve from an old pokemon is Togekiss with 520 or so base stat total.

Also in the same way GF doesn't care about making every small weak pokemon strong it wouldn't care about making an already stronger pokemon stronger (look at Rhydon). So I still want my evolutions to Gorebyss, and Huntail...

Years
In the words of Sydian, Gen III is flawless and should never be touched. XD But going a bit older than that, I don't see any Pokemon(at least, from Gen I/II) that need to evolve, at least in the risk of ruining the concept of the Pokemon in itself. It would be fairly interesting and actually pretty enjoyable if there was some sort of dark/divine form of certain Pokemon, and you get to choose which form you'd prefer with the Dark/Dusk stone, but that's a lot of effort for even GF to go through, so unfortunately I see that as pretty unlikely. u_u
Lol did he actually say that? Gen III pokemon aren't flawless, some could really use evolutions imo such as Luvdisc, Castform, and Kecleon (give it Multi type).

Years
I want a Banette evolution, because it deserves it, as Dusclops. I don't think Farfetch'd will be getting an evolution, because there have to be bad Pokémon, not every Pokémon is meant to become powerful.

Also, it would be cool if they added a preevolution of Throh and Sawk, that evolved into Sawk if Atk > Def, Throh if Def > Atk, and something else (a green Pokémon, I guess, as Throh is red and Sawk blue) if Atk = Def.

blue

gucci
Years
I love Banette as it is, please don't give it an evolution. Although it may not have the best movepool or BST the design makes up for it, to turn it into a Probopass #2 would be dreadful.

Back