• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I think Gamefreak should make a Durant evolution.
Yes, I know everyone hates it, even I hate it, and that is EXACTLY why it needs a kickass evolution, so people will like it. This pokemon had a lot of potential (you know, being a bug/steel and all) but it was so annoying to encounter sometimes, and everyone hated it.
I think a kickass evolution will give this pokemon the popularity it deserves.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Apparently I'm nobody as I do like Durant...howver I agree, an evolution would be cool, making it as helpful (hopefully) as the other Bug/Steel types. Oh and evolutions for Wormadam and Mophim (or however you spell it) too.

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
Years
I would like a pre-evo for Kengaskhan.
A common pre-evo for Sawk and Throh, as well as Pachirisu and Emolga.

I would like the Roselia treatment (a pre-evo and an evo) for Skarmory and Smeargle.

I would like evos for Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Spinda, Castform, and, as I've said before, Banette.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Maybe Farfetch'd could get something. Maybe an evolution that turns it into a bigger duck with a smaller leek?
People still remember that pokemon, right?

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Apparently I'm nobody as I do like Durant...howver I agree, an evolution would be cool, making it as helpful (hopefully) as the other Bug/Steel types. Oh and evolutions for Wormadam and Mophim (or however you spell it) too.

Maybe if you get a female durant, it will evolve into a queen ant. It will still be a bug/steel type, but since queen ants have wings, it could learn powerful flying type moves. It's design could be a cross between scizor and Vespiquen with the same colouration and red eyes of durant. Now for stats!!!!!!

Hp: 80
Atk: 140
Def: 115
SpAtk: 50
SpDef: 50
Spd: 120

Base stat total: 555

I don't really know why I keep coming up with these statistics...

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Apparently I'm nobody as I do like Durant...howver I agree, an evolution would be cool, making it as helpful (hopefully) as the other Bug/Steel types. Oh and evolutions for Wormadam and Mothim too.

Id think if any of the duo, Heatmor deserves an evolution.

I mean if you compare their stats, Durant has great speed and great attack, along with great defense and an awesome type combo.

Whereas Heatmor has.....good sp.atk, and agood physical attack too...but nothing else really. Add the frail fire type which isn't nice with its low speed...and you got quite a weak pokemon :/

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I have some more hopes;

What about... a Fearow evolution? When I first saw Braviary's silhouette in the early days of BW leakage, I was convinced we had finally got a Fearow evolution. It had similar wings, a distinct head crest, and a beak that looked remarkably like an Andean condor. It looked big, it looked majestic, and thinking about it, I realized that Fearow really deserved an evolution, imo. The idea had not touched me before, but after I first saw that silhouette, even when Braviary was revealed, it wouldn't leave my mind.

Or, maybe Beheeyem? I think GameFreak is more likely to release evolutions to recent Pokémon than old ones. They want to cater to the kids who grew up with and learned to love Pokémon from D/P and B/W, and the earlier generations have already had their share of evolutions. In that respect, we look to the oft-overlooked, yet memetastic Alien Pokémon. Its current Base 125 Sp.A is nothing to scoff at, and with an evolution it would be rather devastating. Well, maybe someone might think that would be over powered, keep in mind that Rhydon had base 130 Atk, yet it received an evolution nonetheless (as did Kadabra and Magneton, both with base Sp.A of 120). A Beheeyem evolution would also be a late-game Pokémon, seeing as it evolves from Elgyem at lvl 42.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Id think if any of the duo, Heatmor deserves an evolution.

I mean if you compare their stats, Durant has great speed and great attack, along with great defense and an awesome type combo.

Whereas Heatmor has.....good sp.atk, and agood physical attack too...but nothing else really. Add the frail fire type which isn't nice with its low speed...and you got quite a weak pokemon :/

Yeah Heatmor can definitely be improved. Just give the evolution a boost to its speed, and maybe make an opposing special attacking Durant (so it's not totally overpowered) then boom, you've got two awesome new evolutions.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Ugh, yeah, I agree so much about Lumineon; that reminds me: I'd like to see Quilfish get an evolution too. Something like those Redlion fish; I can sort of see a resemblance to that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Drifblim evolution would be way strong :( Drifblim already has amazing abilities to abuse and more of that might be overkill imo. Sure it's overlooked but still, it's great as it is in NU ;_;

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Drifblim evolution would be way strong :( Drifblim already has amazing abilities to abuse and more of that might be overkill imo. Sure it's overlooked but still, it's great as it is in NU ;_;

I dunno about that -- because for one thing, a Driftblim evo won't necessarily have the same abilities as Driftblim. I think that's what people have been most worried about when there was that debate about the Zangoose evo too. Plus, there are pokemon in NU who have evolutions fit perfectly in OU. I'm just sure it won't be too bad, imo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I guess I'd just rather keep it as it is. XD; But its evolution, I kinda wonder what that'd be... a gigantic helium balloon rivalling Wailord in size? How crazy!

Napsy

Tiny Deer
Years
There better be an evolution of Sableye or I'm gonna flip my stuff.
In fact, a lot of Pokemon from Hoenn could use an evolution or two.

It would seem most likely that Hoenn region Pokemon would get the most attention, seeing as they are next in line for a re-make.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Yeah Heatmor can definitely be improved. Just give the evolution a boost to its speed, and maybe make an opposing special attacking Durant (so it's not totally overpowered) then boom, you've got two awesome new evolutions.

If Seviper, which is weaker and also part of a rivalry duo, hasn't got an evolution, I doubt Heatmor would. It needs more moves.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I guess I'd just rather keep it as it is. XD; But its evolution, I kinda wonder what that'd be... a gigantic helium balloon rivalling Wailord in size? How crazy!
I don't think it'll be that huge...if so the skies of the region would go black when a fleet of them pass by...

I see Unova, Hoenn, and Sinnoh getting the most attention. Unova as it's the first generation after and this happens to be an even generations which unlike the odds usually means evolutions to the generation directly before. Hoenn a huge number of it's mons are single stage mons meaning they can be used to create whole lines rather than one additional evolutionary relative. and Sinnoh as it never got the chance to have evolutions to it's own non cross generation pokemon, not even a pre evolution like Johto's Marill, and Wobbufett did in Gen III. Kanto they can leave alone as most of the pokemon are two staged or are complete. However they can give us some evolutions to Goldduck, Jynx, Starmie, and Slowbro (and Slowking), oh and Dugtrio too.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I don't think it'll be that huge...if so the skies of the region would go black when a fleet of them pass by...

I see Unova, Hoenn, and Sinnoh getting the most attention. Unova as it's the first generation after and this happens to be an even generations which unlike the odds usually means evolutions to the generation directly before. Hoenn a huge number of it's mons are single stage mons meaning they can be used to create whole lines rather than one additional evolutionary relative. and Sinnoh as it never got the chance to have evolutions to it's own non cross generation pokemon, not even a pre evolution like Johto's Marill, and Wobbufett did in Gen III. Kanto they can leave alone as most of the pokemon are two staged or are complete. However they can give us some evolutions to Goldduck, Jynx, Starmie, and Slowbro (and Slowking), oh and Dugtrio too.

I would like evolutions for all those pokemon and i to believe that there should be more hoenn based pokemon evolutions

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Hoenn might be less likely, given that it really had its chance in generation 4 - although it begs the question that they knew B/W were coming and for that reason didn't evolve anything in gen 4 for a specific reason and that it isn't going to be fixed this generation either.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Golduck? Fair enough, I feel that it needs to make more of a presence anyway.

Jynx, Starmie, and the others? They are honestly way too overpowered to even get any more evolutions! Jynx is possible, but Starmie is riduclously powerful enough as it is, Slowbro/Slowking are pretty much the same, albeit used for different purposes. @_@

Starmie, and Slowbro/Slowking? Yeah, maybe. But Jynx, idk. It does have the potential to have a evolution imo; since while it is pretty, it does have lacking characteristics that would make it purely OP... but, eh. It's a maybe on that one.

Back