Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Draconius GO

Old September 30th, 2017 (7:24 AM).
Like a rhythm to the sea
  • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Over the years whenever I've browsed around here, I've noticed that there have been some people here and there who have gotten kind of exhausted with evil team grunts in every Pokemon game usually using NFE (not fully evolved) Pokemon. It's like every evil team since pretty much RBY has had their own regional variation of Zubat, Ekans, Rattata, or whatever other weak NFE that Game Freak decides to give them.

Does this bother you? Would you want evil team grunts to have stronger Pokemon/to be more of a challenge in future Pokemon games? Or do you think they're ok just as they are?

I'll be chasing waterfalls tonight

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 30th, 2017 (7:59 AM). Edited September 30th, 2017 by Absolitetion.
Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.

Nature: Naive
    I suppose a little more variety in which Pokémon they have is welcomed. Mostly I'd prefer it if the Grunts had stronger Pokémon in their posession as well.

But I think that in a team with many members onboard, they cannot go around and give them all an Crobat, Arbok, Raticate, etc. They sure as hell cannot be bothered to spent a lot of energy (and perhaps money, too) into giving them all a bunch of powerhouses.

So in a way, it makes sense that regular Grunts do not have the most impressive Pokémon in their party.
    Old September 30th, 2017 (9:00 AM).
    JRPGoddess

Nature: Hasty
      I'd want them to have stronger pokemon. How do they even steal pokemon when they're so weak?
      A few of them say that the admins give them the pokemon, couldn't they just use their own which are probably stronger?
      Old September 30th, 2017 (9:09 AM).
      Radiant Cool Boy
      • Crystal Tier

Nature: Mild
      Too many Team Skull battles with a single unevolved pokemon. I just don't see the point other than padding!
      Old September 30th, 2017 (3:01 PM). Edited September 30th, 2017 by Rainbow.
      • Platinum Tier
      • PokéCommunity Daily
      • Discord Moderoid
      • Developer

Nature: Quirky

Please make grunt battles harder and less frequent! Maybe not in the late-game, but I wish early to mid game grunts could be like proper mini-bosses with interesting Pokémon instead of just having a crowd of them with Zubats or other generic Pokémon. It really doesn't help creating an interesting evil team when all the Pokémon choices are super bland and don't fit with their identity as a team.

Old October 1st, 2017 (4:31 AM).

Grunts using the weak, generic Pokemon is kind of fitting really. The grunts themselves, as the word implies, are the weak, generic members of the villain team, not the elite soldiers of it. They're more there for manpower purposes. Against an unarmed general populace (with a horribly lacking police force at that), just having some armed dudes is often enough for a good chunk of the work.

Should make the admins (and I suppose the leaders) tougher though. Those are supposed to be the best that the team has to offer but they're usually little more than ever so slightly stronger grunts.

"Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

D&D6th Gen
      Old October 1st, 2017 (5:32 AM).
      Last Shadow

Nature: Docile
        I feel so bad for team skulls being just extremely weak than the past generation team grunts because they stuck being unevolved which makes them feeble team ever existed. Grunts are just hugely generic, they're underlings and say player can one-hit ko most of their mons because like I said generic which follow a theme or tossing golbat or zubats for some reason to infinity loop or a magma grunt must use numel and even aqua grunts use carvana or water-type with bunch of GENERIC pokemon. Perhaps the admins or leader gives them a zubat or GENERIC pokemon to assigned them and not enough training regiment to make them feel stronger when I say GENERIC in big words, I mean outside being with Zubat or Golbat and just toss with Ratta or Raticate even possible with other pokemon.

♥Pair: Starrywindy♥ Travel Log
        Old October 2nd, 2017 (4:58 AM).
        Like a rhythm to the sea
        • Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
        For me, although I understand why Grunts are largely weak, I kind of wish they were get progressively more challenging. I suppose to some degree they are; late-game Grunts tend to be harder, but only in the sense that most of them use the second evolution in a given Pokemon's line, and usually not much more than that.

This doesn't really bother me in any major way, though. I'd much rather see more challenging evil team leaders/commanders than grunts.

I'll be chasing waterfalls tonight

Quick Reply