• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Item Editor [A.I.E.]

Years
Just reporting a minor thing.
I was doing some tests in the HM/TM field. I'm using MrDS' Rombase. I never needed to change the ini and this program always loaded all items, descriptions and images (even of added items like Eviolite). The attacks were not being loaded. I then changed the Example settings in the ini to show the 511 attacks MrDS' Rombase contains, and changed the offsets of the attacks to 08900000, that is where the attacks are stored now.
But since the names of the attacks are in different places now, all TMs and HMs attack names were flipped by 8 attacks. For example, I changed Cut (that was displaying as Fire Punch) for Slash. When I noticed they were all flipped, I changed Slash to 8 attacks back (Bonemerang) and then I tested. Slash was the new attack, indeed, but I had to pick 8 attacks earlier in order for it to be right.
Is there any way I can fix where the attack names start, so this error doesn't continue (Only attack offsets are in the ini. Attack names offsets are not there...)?

Years
This update can't be downloaded with 0.402 or before with the update-function! You have to download it via pokecommunity!

This update fixes issuses with the updater-function itself and I optimisezed it a little bit. Also you can change the startindex of the itemflags via the .ini-file.

Greetings from Germany,
PTTV

Minor problem report. I was trying to change HMs and TMs using your tool. I also use MrDS' Rombase.
Since there are more moves, the program wasn't reading them ok. I had to choose a move 8 index numbers earlier to choose the move I wanted.
For example, I wanted Slash (163 - A3) in the place of Cut. So I chose Bonemerang (155 - 9B).
While it can read the table that was repointed, it clearly can't read it perfectly.
It's a problem 'cause none of the eight first moves can be selected as neither HM nor TM. Also, I don't know if it's able to read the whole table.
Try improving that if you can pokemontutorialTV. That would be really great!

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Hey there, I was trying to use this tool to add the bag sprite for a Dawn Stone, but whenever I try to import the pallete, I get this error. The pallete is at 16 colors and yet it still gives this error. Please fix when you get the chance.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 43
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
I get an error when I try to insert a generic mega stone image into my ROM using your program.

"The entry at position 53 could not be saved! Check entry 53 for validity! Offset of item: 0xF83DB944"

However, all I did was insert the image, palette, and repoint both using the tool. I've attached the image (png, but I used infran to reduce to 16).

I restarted the program and it was perfectly inserted. It even shows up in other programs perfectly. The error could not be replicated after restarting the program. I don't even.

Attachments

• Megastone.png
    Megastone.png
    241 bytes · Views: 329
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2016
hmmmm. how do i make the item prices like 100k-500k? all of the item editor i've used only go for like 65k.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
hmmmm. how do i make the item prices like 100k-500k? all of the item editor i've used only go for like 65k.
Item prices take up 16 bits. You can't go above that 65k number without ASM changes (something I doubt this tool does).

Ogu

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
hey i think this tool looks really awesome but i can't save to dropbox it wants to give a file named attachment.php maybe i am being pretty dumb right now but could someone help me? :)

ok i managed to download it... pretty dumb of me testing it now excited

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Heya~! After downloading the update, I tried opening a clean FR ROM to test it out, but I got this error. Is it my fault, or the program's?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
Don't know why this is so unpopular, but I think it's best/well made item editor ever; .ini support for different languages and multiple profiles are simply so great.

I made the .ini file for Italian Emerald (BPEI), most of the offsets were in PGE so it was easy.
(I don't use PGE since there was a problem when editing some items values)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 18, 2020
Hey pokemontutorialTV! I was active at the german romhackresources forums around an decade ago, it's cool to see your name here again. :)

I'm really eager to try out your tool but can't find a download link.
Am I blind or did you remove it? I would be really happy to get my hands on it!

Thanks in advance!

Back