• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CosmicEmerald Version [Updated! 12/24/2019]

Years
Any update on the physical/special split patch? I love the fact that this Emerald hack doesn't include all the later-gen features, but a couple of quality-of-life changes (like the optional PPS patch) ? and perhaps also an optional patch for the Destiny Knot (or Destiny Knot-esque) breeding utility to make passing on IVs easier ? would go a long way towards making this awesome hack even better. Thanks for all your hard work!
Hi Torchic8, thanks for the kind words. That feature (PSS) is definitely planned for the next release as an optional patch, though I have been under a lot of pressure since August from college which is limiting how much time I can spend working on this game. This semester will be completely over by the first half of December, though I do still try to fix some things here and there and look for more features I can add. I even just found out about a way to speed up emulation/fast-forward on (presumably) all systems, and I will make that into an add-on patch as well. Honestly I was thinking about just hardcoding that into the ROM, but I'd like to give everyone considerable choice as to how they want the game to be, to a certain extent of course. This is why I also plan to make the 'Infinite TMs and Pok?balls' thing optional too. I'll see if I can also make some menu/clothing/skin/item color-change patches, since I believe that would be really awesome (something like this was an in-built feature in Pok?mon Prism, one of my favorite ROM hacks).

Last edited:
Years
When will you release the next updates?

Yeah I know you guys have been waiting for a long time now, it's actually just about ready for release and I am trying to add in one or two more things before I do release it.

Here is a status update concerning some of the new features:
Spoiler:

I can't really give a concrete release date since I still have so much going on IRL right now, such as my final college semester. All I can say is that I intend to make the release soon, I just don't want to make it an incomplete one after such a long waiting period. I am currently working on the last feature I wanted to add for this particular release.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
1. If you end up fainting a Legendary, are they gone forever, or can you get a second chance at them?

2. Something else I just noticed, TMs are reusable in this version, however, you can also get a few TMs (Rest, Focus Punch, and Earthquake) via the Pickup Ability in the base game. Has this hack adjusted for that, or not?

Years
1. If you end up fainting a Legendary, are they gone forever, or can you get a second chance at them?

2. Something else I just noticed, TMs are reusable in this version, however, you can also get a few TMs (Rest, Focus Punch, and Earthquake) via the Pickup Ability in the base game. Has this hack adjusted for that, or not?

1) They are gone forever as usual, though maybe sometime in the future I could make it so that once/twice a year or so they might respawn.

2) No, though I don't remember if I updated any of the shops in-game to have different items than the TMs or not. As for the Pickup Ability, right now I have no information on how to change that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
I don't know if this has been asked but is there a version check somewhere in the game or a way to confirm my new rom is an updated version of this hack?

Years
I don't know if this has been asked but is there a version check somewhere in the game or a way to confirm my new rom is an updated version of this hack?

Yes, in both of the protagonists rooms it is the notebook on the desk next to the PC. It used to say how to save progress in the original game, IIRC.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
Yes, in both of the protagonists rooms it is the notebook on the desk next to the PC. It used to say how to save progress in the original game, IIRC.

Took me a minute to get back there but I found it. Yup, update worked! Thank you for the awesome hack.

Years
Is the next release near to come?

It's just about there, but I've been very preoccupied with college and other issues lately and the last features I need to add require that I really take my time with them to do it properly. I don't intend to keep you all waiting that much longer, but I have needed to put a lot of things on hold for now. It's the last semester I have to do to graduate at least, so there will be more to come from me soon. I'm glad you guys like what I've put together so far, it's one of the reasons I still won't quit on it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 24, 2020
Do you mind elaborating the following? I have all the steps down for these guys except time of day/day of week, locations guide doesn't state.

What time of day does Entei appear?

What time of day does Suicune appear?

What day of the week does the Jirachi event occur? Is there also a specific time of day for when you need to sleep?

I saw elsewhere that Mewtwo is past midnight, is that correct?

Thanks for the fun ROM. Looking forward to potential physical/special split.. I've played gen 3 to death so it doesn't bother me much but I have to admit there are some pokemon that are essentially underpowered without the split. G'day!

Years
Do you mind elaborating the following? I have all the steps down for these guys except time of day/day of week, locations guide doesn't state.

What time of day does Entei appear?

What time of day does Suicune appear?

What day of the week does the Jirachi event occur? Is there also a specific time of day for when you need to sleep?

I saw elsewhere that Mewtwo is past midnight, is that correct?

Thanks for the fun ROM. Looking forward to potential physical/special split.. I've played gen 3 to death so it doesn't bother me much but I have to admit there are some pokemon that are essentially underpowered without the split. G'day!

I didn't really want to just tell everyone outright, because it might spoil things for anyone who wanted it to be more of a surprise. Anyway, I've put the answer to the questions in the spoiler below:

Spoiler:

Also yes, there will definitely be a physical/special split as an optional patch to apply in the upcoming release.

Last edited:
Years
Could you perhaps make a optional fairy type patch to?
Don't know about that, but I'll see if it doesn't take too much time to implement it (doesn't seem like it would). Right now though I'm trying to get a few new music tracks into the game and tidy things up before releasing the next update. It may still be a few weeks since there are huge turning points going on in my life right now.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Don't know about that, but I'll see if it doesn't take too much time to implement it (doesn't seem like it would). Right now though I'm trying to get a few new music tracks into the game and tidy things up before releasing the next update. It may still be a few weeks since there are huge turning points going on in my life right now.

Don't feel too pressurised to release an update. A good number of u lore than willing to wait since it gurantee us a less bugged variant!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 15, 2021
This can be a pretty stupid suggestion but have you considered on switching to pokeemerald?

Years
How To Download This Version?
At the bottom of the first post in the thread, where it says there is an attachment, click on the name of the .zip file and it should begin the download if you are logged in.

Don't feel too pressurised to release an update. A good number of u lore than willing to wait since it gurantee us a less bugged variant!
Thanks, honestly I've been anxious to keep working on this project since it's a lot of fun and I have many more ideas for new features. This ROM hack has apparently filled a niche that a lot of people have been looking for so I definitely want to see it reach its potential.

This can be a pretty stupid suggestion but have you considered on switching to pokeemerald?
Good question acually, thanks for asking. While I've seen how versatile Pokeemerald is, I'll have to take the time to understand how to use it properly and I don't have much time to go around at the moment. Pretty sure I'll have to learn quite a bit of C coding as well before I can go any distance with it, but learning C is actually on my to-do list. If I can get things figured out, I'll be using the disassembly for sure.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Nov 23, 2019
I've tried to apply the patch to a pokemon emerald rom as explained in the readme file on mobile, but lunar ips is not available on mobile, are there any other ways or programs that can be used to do the patch and are available on mobile?

Last edited:
Back