• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How fast can you type, words per minute?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
here's a website for seeing how fast you can type: https://www.livechatinc.com/typing-speed-test/#/

I think the words vary so you might get a slightly harder test than others.

I'm bored so I found out I type 75-80 words per minute on average, I'm pretty slow actually compared to others I know who can type 120 wpm, but they are like programmers and pianists so they got skills with their fingers

here's another website: https://www.typingtest.com/, pick whatever text you want to write

Last edited:

Amy May

Banned
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
Hahahaha... 18 words a min tops, with 2 index fingers. XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Around 75 wpm from the three times I tried to do the test :p I've been told that I type fast but I feel like I've also heard about people who can type 110 - 120 so definitely doesn't feel like it. I've always found my typing speed quite average, honestly.

Edit: tried the second one, which told me I type 90 wpm so go figure :D

Last edited:
Years
lol there is such a hilarious difference between the two tests:

first one:
Spoiler:

second:
Spoiler:

i think it's just because im far more used to typing actual sentences that make sense for typing exams than just random words like in the first one. @_@

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
2nd test is more realistic and accurate, I too got like 90 WPM than my 75 with the other.

On a good day I bet I could breach 100 as well

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
r1w8GCU.png

A43S02w.png

I never really learned how to type, so I'm not going to have a high speed, though I think that the pace I type at is good enough.

I'm slow on a phone though

Years
I just took a test and I thought I'd post it. It's my second try, and my first was an abysmal 86 for adjusted speed. Can't remember the other stats because my memory is fractured. Anyway, here it is!

Spoiler:

I'm sure I could jack it up and minimise my errors, but that's another objective for another day. My middle finger is sore because of the rude gesturing from earlier.

Last edited:
Years
Awesome! You type with the speed of 90 WPM (410 CPM). Your accuracy was 97%. Congratulations!

seems like i'm in the 90-100 range, but i've done another test before a year or two ago that put me at around 110-120 aha

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm definitely slower than I used to be, I'm sure. I took like an almost two year break from being on a computer at all (for the most part) so not much typing was done other than emails for work. I also never really learned to type the "correct" way. Right now my typing speed tends to average out at around 70-95 WPM. I'm sure with time I can get it back up a little more though hahah. I remember people used to call me a speed demon when it came to my typing years ago and my sister still hates how I type because I type so loudly. oops.

Years
Neat! You type with the speed of 55 WPM (259 CPM). Your accuracy was 90%. Good job!

I'm definitely slower than I used to be, I think I'm not used to my laptop anymore bc I don't get to type that fast that often anymore. Also not used to that typing test oops. I usually get around 70-75 before and people were scared of me in Typer Shark lmfao. Let's see if I can bring it back up again later. :thonk:

Edit: The second test told me I was 75 WPM with 98% accuracy.

Last edited:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
You're an Octopus.
Awesome! You type with the speed of 63 WPM (251 CPM). Your accuracy was 98%. Congratulations!

i'm so much slower than i used to be lmao

Years
kgPUk1f.png

I'm not used to write fast in English, but this was lot slower that I expected. I also found out that you can delete letters only on the last word, so it would also make difference.

I had fast writing classes in high school and even got a certificate of it. I might try to find it and look how fast I could write 5 years ago.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
57 Words Per Minute. This is way better than I thought, considering I don't type the proper way at all.

Also 98% accuracy.

Years
For the first test I got 54 WPM with a 98% accuracy, and on the second test I got a 69 WPM (nice!) with a 93% accuracy. I've also been up for 18 hours though, so I'm sure I'd probably do a bit better if I was fresh, haha.

simone1234

Don't underestimate the enemy/opponent.
Years
mm1rpb

NIce game, it also improves memory

Edit: I get around 65 Wpm octopus thing without looking at keyboard http://prntscr.com/mmafg2 (On my new laptop that i have less than a month and i need yet to get used to) i think it depends on what we usually use , most people who get high score are using a computer/laptop that they work with for years.

Last edited:
Years
"Neat! You type with the speed of 51 WPM (230 CPM). Your accuracy was 96%. Good job!"

I have pretty terrible accuracy. I type by remembering the motion of words rather than the placement of letters. It's...weird.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 21, 2020
"Awesome! You type with the speed of 89 WPM (378 CPM). Your accuracy was 93%. Congratulations!"

Back