• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega 2: Design Mega Luxray - VOTE NOW!!!

Whose Mega Luxray design will we feature in the Daily article?

• CDB

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Shadowflare

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Elektra Heart

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Make-a-Mega

405.png

There are a lot of really cool Pokemon out there that just don't hold up competitively. Generation Six however gave us a way to fix this, Mega Evolution. This allows Pokemon that are otherwise not very useful to suddenly become useable in a higher tier.

With Make-a-Mega we're choosing Pokemon that we'd like to see with a Mega Evolution and then as a community making the changes (or lack thereof) to its typing, ability and stats to turn raise it from the depths of the low tiers. This time around we're focusing on Luxray.

We can make all the on-paper changes we like, but no Mega Pokemon is complete without an awesome new design. That's we're all you fantastic artists come in. We're asking you to design a Mega Luxray over the next two weeks and three days. After that we'll run a four day poll to determine whose design will be featured in the corresponding Daily article (although a link to all the provided art will be included).

Guidelines
1. You can only submit one design.
2. Comment your intent to participate (You're welcome to participate as a group).
3. Only post the finished version of your design.

Participant List
CDB
Spoiler:

Shadowflare
Spoiler:

Elektra Heart
Spoiler:

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
*stickies thread*

Also, adding a note here - while you can decorate your entry with a background as you like, please also provide a version with a transparent background, so it can be used in the the article cover image if it gets picked.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Electric/Dark seems likely to win the poll for Mega Luxray's typing! I think a black star as its tail instead of the yellow one, or a second tail, would be cool.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hahaha I wish I held out on making Mega Roserade so I could enter this one!

Years
Mega Luxray will definitely be a Electric/Dark type. We're now working on determining an ability but there's probably not much you'll need to know about that :)

CDB

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Here's my go at it haha
The fur on the back generates bursts of electricity that allow Mega Luxray to move supah fast & the front's been slimmed down to emphasize that sleek bod
Spoiler: kinda big

4FCwP9E.png

Years
Finished my piece.

Spoiler:

Just a few notes for anyone interested:
The dual tails spiraling represents a binary star system, which give off x-rays.
You can see the bones because, again, x-rays.
Two glowing eyes because it gives off a "dark type" evil appearance, it helps with the binary star system theme. They gleam because of Luxray's pokedex entries.
The rest is mainly aesthetic stuff.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Nice entries! I like the idea of the visible bones there, playing on Luxray being able to use x-ray vision to see through walls (and yay, binary stars!). And CDB, your design reminds me kinda of Telefang monster designs, which is neat.

Years
Squee, how exciting! I'm glad for my good luck on that coin flip. Thanks to everyone who voted for me. Nice work to the CDB and Elektra, too. It was a really close poll and I loved your designs as well.

Back