• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Error with Aegislash in vanilla? and help w/new mega

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
I'm assuming this isn't anything I did because I just started from a clean version of essentials, but from what I heard all the scripting for gen 6 was already in essentials, just the PBS and all that needed to be added.
Point being, I've been looking into a mega pokemon that could gain the ability stance change, so I've been comparing how Aegislash works in the game and I was wondering where it's additional forms are and I didn't see it in the pokemon forms PBS, so I took it into battle in my game and realized that there's no difference in stats from blade form to shield form. It just keeps its defenses. I'm not exactly sure if it's just my game or the 17 vanillas but if it's in general it should be looked into. Also I wanted to know how I would fix it. Do I just add it's blade form into the pokemon forms PBS? and would the stance change script still call it properly? Just wanted to make this known in case it's like this for other people.

Lastly, if someone could help me out with my mega pokemon question that would be awesome. Basically a normal pokemon, then it megas and gets stance change. I need to know how I would go about adding protect to one of the moves that works with stance change and also what that would look like in the pokemon forms PBS. Would I just add its shield form mega as POKEMON-1 in the PBS then it's blade form as POKEMON-2? Then change the numbers accordingly in the stance change script to 1 and 2 instead of 0 and 1 like it is for aegislash? Much appreciated for any advise.

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I guess you're exactly right about the problems how to solve them. But I'm a few days late, so I suspect you already know this, and have fixed them by now! If you look in PokeBattle_Battler you can see that stance change is specialized for each species, so there shouldn't be any problem making it use different form numbers, or triggering off protect, for your new Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
I guess you're exactly right about the problems how to solve them. But I'm a few days late, so I suspect you already know this, and have fixed them by now! If you look in PokeBattle_Battler you can see that stance change is specialized for each species, so there shouldn't be any problem making it use different form numbers, or triggering off protect, for your new Pok?mon.

yeah, I was able to fix the part with aegislash. for anyone else who's interested, mine didn't come with the blade forme in the PBS so you need to paste this anywhere into there

Spoiler:

as far as my mega pokemon with king shield I haven't gotten around to making that one yet because im still figuring out my rotom situation and I figure the king shield mega will be a lot easier. like you said kings shield is done by species so it shouldn't be too hard to change it to aegislash and then add another stance change section with protect. which is what I figure is the only thing that needs to be done.

Back