• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Could I please ask that someone gives me some types on the Favorite Challenge? I've already double-posted and I don't want to triple-post...

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Sammu has gotten his types :) Sneaky guy's mission is clear :P

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
If it was such a sneaky task you performed, then you wouldn't be telling anyone that you did it. Not to mention even publically posting it for someone. A real sneaky bugger would've been a ninja about it and thrown an explosive tag on a kunai with the message, which would then explode after them memorising it. :P

LightOfTruth

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 16, 2020
The Attack,Defence and Avoider challenge:

The defender will have to have moves such as tail whip,growl or any status move

They can't not do damage to the pokemon apart from poison or burnt

The attacker must be pokemon that knows 4 good moves to knock any type of pokemon out

The Avoider must be a bird pokemon that has the Fly HM and Double Team

One notice is that the defender has to battle all of the time, If it faints you must knock all your other pokemon out

Optional for harder challenge:

You have to use one type
Only allowed to use 3 poke balls in the game
No boxed pokemon
You cannot spend any money what-so-ever
You have to sell all your items you pick up throughout the game apart from Key Items and Berries, The only balls you can use are the ones at the start
You must only use each pokemon center when you first get to the town and after the gym
If choosing to spend money here are some ways to limited what you buy:
No status items must be bought
Only allowed to buy stuff from vending machines <apart from black and white as it become easier in those games to have access to a machine>
Only able to buy Ultra Balls
Only able to buy one of the custom balls
Only able to buy Full Restores and revives

Notice: The defender has to battle before the attacker an avoider and you can't switch until you use a move such a tail whip or move that status pokemon

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Make sure when you do that favourite Pokemon challenge event thing that you were planning for later this year has one one it then among other regular challenger's favourite Pokemon.

When did I say I was planning that? :( I never tell you guys my event plans! :o

jespoke

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020

Actually you have talked about a tournament thing, but i think vaporeon7 just didn't know about his Future sight skills. Have you been staring into the sun lately, Vaporeon? :P

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

I have been talking to the Xatu from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

You told us about it when we were discussing event challenges a few months ago. You said that you didn't want to have an Easter event because you didn't know when Easter was and then Alternative suggested making a challenge where we have to use each other's favourite Pokemon. You then went on to say how you were planning that for an event later on in the year (for your birthday iicr).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So if you planned an event, which for some reason would be a sexy party for Larry, you wouldn't tell me us about it? :|

Sexy parties stay within my pairing. Why would I invite you? >:o

You told us about it when we were discussing event challenges a few months ago. You said that you didn't want to have an Easter event because you didn't know when Easter was and then Alternative suggested making a challenge where we have to use each other's favourite Pokemon. You then went on to say how you were planning that for an event later on in the year (for your birthday iicr).

WELL YOU SEE...if I were planning that around MY birthday...you'd all be stuck with MY favorites! :) But Get Together is usually in August, so we'll have to find another way to celebrate my birthday...like...by...making a cake. Or putting graffiti on a wall.

jespoke

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020

Sexy parties stay within my pairing. Why would I invite you? >:o

WELL YOU SEE...if I were planning that around MY birthday...you'd all be stuck with MY favorites! :) But Get Together is usually in August, so we'll have to find another way to celebrate my birthday...like...by...making a cake. Or putting graffiti on a wall.

A Smeargle challenge for syds birthday :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey now, that's not a bad idea. ;) My original username was SilverSmeargleSplatter anyway...a better challenge would be to give me a shiny Smeargle. :D -shot-

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
...Nah...not really. Someone made a thread about naming their Eeveelutions after the Sages. And I know a few people that have, so...:x

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Has there ever been some sort of challenge where people can only use Pokemon which are separated by version differences? So you would only be allowed to use Pokemon like Volbeat and Illumise, and Whimsicott and those Pokemon.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Has there ever been some sort of challenge where people can only use Pokemon which are separated by version differences? So you would only be allowed to use Pokemon like Volbeat and Illumise, and Whimsicott and those Pokemon.
While there hasn't been one exclusively for Pokemon that are version exclusive, there has been one called 'The Special Pairs Challenge' which is what you're talking about, with the addition of like Jynx/Magmar/Electabuzz, Weedle/Caterpie, and stuff like that. Some of them can be caught in the same game, they just go together.

I got sort of bored, so I started making my own catalog for all the challenges we've made ever. I've got the year of challenges in one excel document, a short description of each, and which version we're on. Almost all of the 82 challenges we have are either on version 1 or 2, but then we have Anime, Random, and Mononame at 3, Duo and Monocolor on version 4, Trio on version 6, and Nuzlocke, Unevolved/basic, and Gym Leader on their 7th edition!!! Goodness that's a lot or reviving a thread. The current Gym Leader Challenge hasn't even been posted in since March 30th.

Anyways, I'm going to organize them into categories now (like themes in a category, groups ((colors, body type, IQ group, etc.)), user assisted ((ones where another user picks part of your team like the scramble, favorite, moveset, etc.)), character based ((Gym Leader, Anime, Evil Team, etc.))) and then possibly post it in a spoiler here. Do you guys think we should make a thread for an index or something? I'm pretty sure it was talked about once or twice, but I forgot what we decided. It could be helpful for people who participated in like a leg of an Ultimate Challenge in one thread, and then sorta forgot about it, only to want to do the challenge the next time that the thread popped up. They could just go to the index, click a link to one of the original threads, and voila! They can now easily copy-paste their progress!

jespoke

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
Awesome idea :D

I just made my favorites list for the favorite challenge, and when i count in the end, 30% where NFE! 0.o Wish me good luck :I (The list includes Petilil :P)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Awesome idea :D

I just made my favorites list for the favorite challenge, and when i count in the end, 30% where NFE! 0.o Wish me good luck :I (The list includes Petilil :P)
Lol. I haven't made mine yet for B/W. But mine for DPPt had one NFE Pokemon on it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Mine was mostly NFE too, mainly middle. tbh, I'm surprised I didn't end up with many NFE Pokemon in this run. Only NFE I have is Wartortle, which hey, that's not too bad. It hatched with Blizzard, which I wasn't expecting. XD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back