• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years

So you like my soccer puns, eh?
Welcome to the Champions League!

this club is for fans of the champions you face at the end of each game. if you are a fan of blue/gary, red, lance, steven, wallace, cynthia, alder, or iris, then this is the place for you! any and all are welcome, just follow the rules and fill out an application like the one below.

rules

• Follow PC Rules!
  • Try to reply to topics somewhat often, but don't worry if you can't. I won't come hunting you down.
  • You will receive one warning about behavior before being evicted from the club.
  • Anyone can start a topic as long as it is related to the champions.
  • Have fun!

how to join

If you are interested in joining, please fill out an application like the one below. You must choose a single champion to have as a friend, and you must also choose one of their Pokemon to have as a partner. There is a list below of champions and their pokemon.

Name: Exampler
Friend: Steven
Partner: Armaldo (Can be nicknamed if wanted)
Reason for Joining: I like Steven.
Who informed you of the club (If needed): Nobody
Remember to answer one of the topics too!

champions and their pokemon
BlueHGSS.gif
Blue/Gary:
214.png
18.png
65.png
248.png
112.png
103.png
59.png
130.png
3.png
6.png
9.png

HGSSRed.gif
Red:
25.png
131.png
143.png
3.png
6.png
9.png

LanceB2W2.gif
Lance:
6.png
130.png
148.png
149.png
142.png

StevenB2W2sprite.gif
Steven:
227.png
346.png
348.png
306.png
344.png
376.png

WallaceB2W2sprite.gif
Wallace:
321.png
130.png
73.png
272.png
340.png
350.png

Champion_Cynthia.gif
Cynthia:
442.png
423.png
407.png
448.png
350.png
468.png
604.png
628.png
445.png

AlderBWsprite.gif
Alder:
617.png
584.png
626.png
621.png
589.png
637.png

Champion_Iris.gif
Iris:
635.png
621.png
306.png
567.png
131.png
612.png
373.png

list of champions
Hover for nicknames!
Cosmotone8-OWNER
Steven.png
348.png

Olli
Blue.png
065.png

Hikari10
HGSS_Overworld_Cynthia.png
468.png

MiltankRanger
448.png

Xulex
445.png

psyanic
Steven.png
306.png

AlexOzzyCake
Blue.png
214.png

BuzzBuzz
628.png

Jacktheninjadude
Lance.png
149.png

The dragon tamer
Lance.png
149.png

mineox100
Red.png
025.png

mavy42
Red.png
006.png

SectorRevenge
350.png

Vato
468.png

okjoek
Wallace.png
350.png

Seraphimon-sama
445.png

heretostay
Red.png
025.png

allaurarenee
Blue.png
059.png

featured pokemon

Spoiler:

Dragonite, Lance's main Pokemon, is the one who is featured right now. If you have artwork you would like to send in of a champion's Pokemon, PM Cosmotone.

guess that pokemon
I am the fourth fastest fire type among all Pokemon. Who am I? (Make sure you post your answers in the thread)

topic list
Bold = active topics!
Which Champion do you think is the strongest?
Which Champion's Pokemon is your favorite?
Which Champion did you have the most fun battling?
How powerful do you think Iris is? Where does she rank among her peers (other champions)?
How do you think Champion's rise to the top?

news and events
3/10/12 ~ Champions league is created!

affiliates
Gym Leader's Club
Make sure you check it out!

NEED A CO-OWNER FOR THE CLUB. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PM COSMOTONE8!

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Name: Olli97/Olli

Friend: Blue/Gary

Partner: Alakazam

Reason for Joining: Well, the champions are kind of the 'final bosses' of the Pokémon leagues, and they are often hard to beat. I remember having a lot of trouble beating Gary, both in the original games and in FR/LG, which together with just how great he just generally is, has made him my favourite champion. He has a great and varied team, though it was one you had gotten used to, as you had battled him so many times through the games.

Apart from him I liked Cynthia very much, mostly because you got to know her through the games too, without even getting to know her team, which made her even harder on the first battle with her.

I never really liked neither Stever nor Lance, and I've never played B/W, so I've never gotten to battle Alder :/

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I will join. I have been always a great Cynthia fan! :) greatest Pokemon champion ever!

Name: miltankRancher

Friend: Cynthia

Partner: Lucario

Reason for Joining: I have been a great Cynthia fan ever since fourth gen came up. Among the champions, she is the most mature out of the them. She acts really nice to the player, and also protective of him in Pt. Go cynthia!

Years
Name: Hikari10

Friend: Cynthia

Partner: Togekiss

Reason for Joining: Cynthia is the first female champion, that's why she's cool.

Who informed you of the club (If needed): Nobody

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Name - Xulek

Friend - Cynthia

Partner - Garchomp

Reason For Joining - I've always enjoyed the challenge the champions gave to me whenever I faced them and I grew to like each of them quite a lot as a result.

Who Informed You Of The Club? - Nobody.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Welcome Xulex! Youll have a blast here. :)

Just thought I'd point out that there are a couple of topics I have set.

I am also having some trouble with the CSS right now, so I can't even edit the first post to put you guys on the member list without screwing it all up. :(

miltankRancher

Years
Answer to trivia: If listed according to Base Speed, Lance's Aerodactyl would top that with 130 points! :)

Which Champion do you think is the strongest? For me, it is a tie between Blue and Cynthia. Bljue primarily because hje is considered as Red's rival, the strongest trainer that is considered by many. Cynthia, on the other hand, gave me the hardest time among all of them, especially her Spiritomb.

Which Champion's Pokemon is your favorite? Cynthia! Reason? Stated in my JP.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Sorry, the answer is incorrect. Check your list again. There is one Pokemon faster than him.

I meant individual Pokemon on the topic, my bad. XD

I think either Red or Lance would be considered the strongest for me. Red has a very balanced, strong team and Lance has that difficult to beat dragon type.

Also, I have solved my CSS troubles!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
To answer the question regarding the fastest Champion Poke I believe Alakazam may be the fastest Pokemon used by a champion, not entirely sure though but still confident in my answer lol.

Oh and Cynthia for strongest and favorite team for me. I've never had a champion give me that much of a blast when battling before in all honesty, Gary/Blue comes in close though but I had an easier time with his Tyranitar and starter than I did with Cynthia's Spiritomb and Garchomp lol.

miltankRancher

Years
Oh man. Didn't see Accelgor. Not a huge fan of alder. I jus saw Bouffalnat and Escavalier. Meh.

My bad on the topic. I think Cynthia's Garchomp and Milotic, tying with Wallace's Milotic, and Steven's Metagross were the hardest Pokemon. Garchomp is a really speedy Pokemon, and you better take it down quickly before it takes your whole team down. Both Milotic are pretty bulky with Hydro Pumps, adn Metagross is just plain beastly.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Garchomp is a really speedy Pokemon, and you better take it down quickly before it takes your whole team down.

I've never heard a statement I couldn't agree with more in all honesty lol.

Wallace's Milotic was pretty tough too but I was using a freshly caught Rayquaza against it at the time so I wasn't too worried even with repeated Ice Beams nearly killing it haha. Nowhere near as tough as CynthChomp regardless though if you ask me lol.

Steven's Cradily was also pretty tough to face due to Swampert being my strongest guy at the time but at least I had Salamence to take the Giga Drains for me lol.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Name: Psyanic

Friend: Steven

Partner: Aggron

Reason for Joining: Champions... They're supposed to be the toughest in the games and they've almost always lived up to their expectations. I can remember when I first beat Blue and my mother was yelling at me to go to bed, but I was pumping with excitement. All I thought of was, "This is it." I miss being a kid. Anyway, I just like Champions in general, especially Steven. He uses my favorite types and has my favorite Pokemon in his team.

miltankRancher

Years

Wallace's Milotic was pretty tough too but I was using a freshly caught Rayquaza against it at the time so I wasn't too worried even with repeated Ice Beams nearly killing it haha. Nowhere near as tough as CynthChomp regardless though if you ask me lol.

I have never used a Rayquaza ingame. LOL. I mean, that would take the fun out of it ayt? and besides, I love the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back