• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How and when do you plan to get the games?

Have you Pre-Ordered Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?

• Yep!

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Nope, I'll just pick up a copy in store.

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
I would need to get a 3DS before that, and even then, I would probably have to wait a while for the price to drop on the game... Or hopefully have enough money to get it earlier then I got most pokemon games that I have right now.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
Years
Probably going to pre-order them a month of two before October and pick them up at my local GameStop release day. I need to buy a 3DS first though.

Years
I plan on getting both, Pokemon X and Y on their release dates, as well as a brand new Nintendo 3DS XL. I'd only pre-order the games if something came with the pre-order, anything at all really.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I plan on reserving my copy of both X & Y at a Gamestop once the opportunity presents itself. I wasn't able to do that with B/W2, & if I hadn't came early, the clerk wouldn't have sold those copies to me.

I don't plan on making that same mistake again...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I will get them as soon as it hits the shelves of my local stores.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm hoping to buy them on release , though at the moment I don't have a 3DS. So I'm gonna try to get a job by the summer so I can save up enough money to get both. I'm leaning more towards a 3DS XL right now since I like the size and better battery life. Once I get a 3DS , I'll pre-order the one I want (Most likely Y but I want to know more version exclusives first.) so I can pick it up on release day in October.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I already preordered both, as well as paid both off. I just need to pick them up when they come out.

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
I'll probably try to get them, specifically Pokémon X since that's my choice, on October. I do save a lot of money, and I think I can afford it and buy as early as I can. However, I don't buy a lot of games, and the money I save are mostly for emergency uses. So I'll get it then on my birthday or Christmas.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 24, 2017
I've got a job so money won't be a problem but I do have to get a 3DS first. Hopefully they'll have a sale between now and october because I definitely want to play the games the day they come out.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
My birthday's in mid-October. You guess.

Will have birthday monies to pay for it. Yay for already having a 3DS (solves half the issue lol)

I don't live with my family, and I don't have any friends where I live. My coworkers don't like Pokemon, so I'll probably get this by myself (with boyfriend tagging along for company, whether he wants to or not) and enjoy it by myself lol

Years
I'll probably get X at Walmart on release day, along with a 3DS. Would've bought a 3DS already if I hadn't gotten laid off, I'm hoping there will be some sort of X&Y bundle (maybe with a Xerneas-themed 3DS? Yes please.)

Years
I plan on getting Pokemon X on the release day before I go to work. My local Gamestop is practically right next to where I work.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I may buy one after the overall features common to both and version differences are known. I don't want to buy what is essentially another White only for XY2 to do what BW2 did. Game Freak will have to produce the refined game from the get go and then expand on that with their sequels, not produce half a game then release what the originals should've been.
Should cancel my pre-order, actually... don't know why I would ever pre-order anything.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
First I'm gonna get a 3DS. Then after that I'm probably gonna wait a year or so (not sure). Then I'm gonna see if there's a third version then I'll probably gt that since the third version is always the one where you can catch both legendaries from the previous versions :3 Also I'll probably get one after reading those things from serebii since I want to know the version differences like the pokemon, places, and all those other stuff.

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
I'm going to pre-order both of them some time before they are released.

Back