• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Strokes Single: One Way Trigger

What are your thoughts on "One Way Trigger" the new single from "The Strokes"

• "This thing...is the best thing...ever" 5 out of 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I found it highly likeable, but not without faults 4 out of 5

• ZOMG This. Hurts. My. Ears. 1 out of 10

• I do not take interest in this sort of music

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Today, The Strokes released their new single to promote their upcoming album (so far the name of the album has not been confirmed) Although there was supposed to be another single "All The Time" released as the first single, this track has been put on soundcloud for free download

What are your thoughts on the new song?

If you like the song, why?

If you don't, what would you rather see from them?

Here is the link to listen to the new track, and download it if you'd like.

https://soundcloud.com/thestrokes/the-strokes-one-way-trigger/s-ibI6V

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
For the first 30 seconds or so I honestly thought you were trolling and this was a wind-up lmao, it sounds nothing like them! XD I don't think I like the new direction they're going in with this song, hopefully the rest of the album will be more like their older work. Songs like Reptilia and Juice Box are iconic for The Strokes because that's the style they're best at, so whilst it is good to branch out and try new styles I'd rather hear more of the area they really excel at. I have a feeling this new song will become pretty catchy though so we'll see what happens!

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I found it to be alright. Might not even be on the album.
Only album I like by them is Is This It?

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
It's decent, I guess. The Strokes dropped the ball with First Impressions of Earth, but their debut and sophomore albums were both great stuff.

3/5 from me for this particular track. I'm slightly curious.

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
Years
That's my favourite album :) How do you feel they dropped the ball? What did you think of Angles?

I had a listen-through of The Stroke's discography a few months ago. I loved the first two but the third was totally out-of-spirit in comparison. I didn't like Angles too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
So The Strokes just released another song in promotion to the new album, which now has the name "Comedown Machine"

The new track is called "All The Time" and can be download free on the 19th with preorder of either the CD, Digital, or Vinyl editions of the album (I'll be throwing my money down on the vinyl later this week)

Gander a listen at this link : https://soundcloud.com/thestrokes/sets/comedown-machine

Back