• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rotation Challenge!

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
The Rotation Challenge!

Introduction

What is the Rotation Challenge you ask? Well, the Rotation Challenge requires you to use only 1 pokemon per gym, but a different one on every gym. So, for example, if I have Totodile, Hoothoot, and Rattatta, on the 1st gym, I could use any pokemon I want. If I used Hoothoot, then on gym 2, Hoothoot can't be used, whether it evolved into Noctowl or not. If on gym 2 I used Totodile, then on the 3rd, I could use Hoothoot again! Get it?

Rules
The rules are as fallows.
  1. Emulators are allowed
  2. Cheating of any kind is not allowed, whether it be hacking or codes.
  3. If playing R/S/E, then you can use to pokemon on Tate & Liza, but neither of them could have been used on the previous gym.
  4. Pokemon can not breeding abused. (EV's, Hidden Ablilities's, Egg Moves, etc.)
  5. You can not use legendaries of any kind. (A list of legendaries, in case you don't know...)
    Spoiler:
  6. You can use an evolution hacker to hack the level of an evolution, if you can't trade or meet whatever criteria needed.
  7. You may not use the same pokemon twice in a row for gyms. Two can be used on double battle gyms, but neither could have been used on the previous gym. YOU CAN ONLY 1 USE POKEMON PER GYM!!!!
  8. You may NOT have 2 of the same pokemon on your team.
  9. If a pokemon is version exclusive to the counterpart of your game (Glameow and Stunky, Vulpix and Growlithe respectively), then you may switch it with the version exclusive in your game, (swapping Vulpix for Growlithe).
  10. You may use your whole team on the E4 and Champion.
  11. Your challenge ends when you beat the E4 and Champion, you don't have to beat Steven or Wallace, just the E4 and Champion.
Hard Mode
The Hard Mode of this challenge is, well, hard!! There are more restrictions, and some rules are exempt.
Exempt Rules: 6 and 9.
New Rules:
1. You must pay to heal. The cost is $100 per pokemon. If you heal, go to a pokemart and buy the respective ammount of items, then trash them.
2. You may only catch wild pokemon, or use pokemon given to you.
3. Your challenge ends when you beat the E4 for the second time through.

Easy Mode
Easy mode is easier (Duh!).
Exempt Rules: 5, 8, 7, 4
Signup Form
Name -
Mode - (Easy/Normal/Hard)
Game(s) -
Spoiler:

Challengers
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Champions!!​
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
No one wants to join?

I guess I should start the challenge. :P

Spoiler:

I'm done for today.

Last edited:

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
This challenge seems fun! I will sign up!
Name- Soulsilver10112
Mode- Normal
Game- White 2

Years
Just so I get the rules, you choose 3 pokemon to use and you then rotate 1 of them out to fight each gym (with no pokemon being able to take on 2 gyms right after each other). You can't use more than 1 pokemon for each gym? If these rules are right I would like to add my application!

Name - joshbl56
Mode - Normal
Game(s) - Silver (I might add more later but for now just this one)

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
Just so I get the rules, you choose 3 pokemon to use and you then rotate 1 of them out to fight each gym (with no pokemon being able to take on 2 gyms right after each other). You can't use more than 1 pokemon for each gym? If these rules are right I would like to add my application!

Name - joshbl56
Mode - Normal
Game(s) - Silver (I might add more later but for now just this one)
Welcome to challenge! You were close on the rules, the only thing wrong with what you said is that you can use as many pokemon as you wan't, just not the same one on two gyms in a row!
Actually, may I change my game to Sapphire please?
Yes you may.

Years
Hey, sorry for not doing this challenge as I've been trying to finish up another one '^.^
I would like to ask if I can switch my game to Gold instead of Silver since I just finished a challenge on it and have become somewhat attached to them for a bit.

Years
Thank you for the Change ^_^
I'm going to start updating my stuff right now and will probably keep editing this for the first 8 gyms. Also, I'm only going to put down info about the beginning, my pokemon, the gyms, what pokemon I used during the fight and how many times I fought the gym.

Pokemon Gold
Number of Badges: 3
Zephyrbadge.png
Hivebadge.png
Plainbadge.png

Spoiler:

Pokemon that have fought:
Spoiler:

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
Thank you for the Change ^_^
I'm going to start updating my stuff right now and will probably keep editing this for the first 8 gyms. Also, I'm only going to put down info about the beginning, my pokemon, the gyms, what pokemon I used during the fight and how many times I fought the gym.

Pokemon Gold
Number of Badges: 3
Zephyrbadge.png
Hivebadge.png
Plainbadge.png

Spoiler:

Pokemon that have fought:
Spoiler:

I'm sorry, but you can only use 1 pokemon per gym, i'll let you slide, but from now on, use only 1 per gym! Sorry, I didn't make that clear. I'm blaming myself on this one. :)

Years
I'm sorry, but you can only use 1 pokemon per gym, i'll let you slide, but from now on, use only 1 per gym! Sorry, I didn't make that clear. I'm blaming myself on this one. :)

Holy crap, can't believe I messed up that badly :( Okay, I'm pretty sure I have the rules now *Hopefully*. Time to do this the right way!

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
I really want to finish LG and then move on to some other game.
Spoiler:

Back