• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Colress!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
In the release of the sequels to the first games of the 5th Generation, Black and White 2 brought a bunch of new things to the table. Adding touches to the story to make it fresh, while having that same feel B/W1 gave us...the first sequel in Pokemon gaming history.

We got a bunch of delightful characters, we got Nate and Rosa, Benga, and the one we'll be focusing on...Colress.
148.gif

This odd man with blonde and blue hair in a lab coat works for Team Plasma. He's different though, as he has no motives to work with Team Plasma to aid their goals...he only aims to improve on his scientific research. He constantly battles you so he can observe your Pokemon, and find out where their true potential comes from. Now, what did you think of this new and mysterious character? Did you like him? Did you hate on him?

Discuss :3

Years
Colress didn't seem particularly vital to the storyline unlike most team bosses, he only pops up for three battles in the main game and I'm pretty sure he doesn't mention being a Plasma member until the last one. It's odd behaviour from the developers to make the team boss seem so unimportant. Zinzolin effectively took the role over instead.

His actual character motive and design is a lot less interesting than N as well and when combining this with his lack of involvement in the story, I feel he is far from a suitable replacement for N and overall a very forgettable character.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For one, I actually like Colress, despite his weird hairstyle. I like the irony of his character; even though he disagreed with Team Plasma's old views, he ended up joining Team Plasma for the benefit of his research.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
For one, I actually like Colress, despite his weird hairstyle. I like the irony of his character; even though he disagreed with Team Plasma's old views, he ended up joining Team Plasma for the benefit of his research.

I hated Colress because of his weird hairstyle. That and he was pretty pretentious.

Years
I loved Colress, he has pretty awesome hair, some strong Pokemon and a really epic Japanese name as well. He was a very mysterious character but he was enjoyable to watch in the story.

Years
I was kind of on the fence about Colress who, for at least a few months, I thought was named Corless (I still find the latter rolls of the tongue better). He did have some interesting moments throughout the game, and he was one of the tougher trainers that we got to battle, yet I can't help but feel that the game would've played largely the same if his role were replaced by say, one of the missing Seven Sages.

I did like his... hair (?) though- it left an impression on me as one of the most interestingly designed characters in recent memory.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Colress was interesting to say the least. I thought he didn't really put as much into the story like N did, but I did like the twist where he didn't really care what happened to team plasma. Overall I thought he was interesting, entertaining to talk to, and forgettable.

blue

gucci
Years
For me I didn't really think much of him, he would just appear every so often and battle you. I like his design and the Pokemon he uses though.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
I do rather like Colress, if only because he's essentially anti-N. I wasn't a huge fan of N to start with, and Team Plasma recruiting the exact opposite kind of person they would have 2 years ago really intrigued me, as it kind of showed off the contrast between the past team and the present team.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Man this dude is... weird. Too weird, yeah. He looks sleek, but his character isn't rather understandable.

But the thing I like about him is that he's just a... gentleman. He's acting cool, kinda like a sir. I'll give him credit for that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Like Suicune said, I didn't really pay much attention to him. He was cool and whatnot, but other than his final battle theme, he never stood out to me. HIS BATTLE THEME, THOUGH. ALL THE FEELS.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I like him a lot, I think he was the most interesting of the new characters they introduced.

I would rather we had more villains like him than the crazy ones. There's something even scarier about someone who does bad things but obviously knows exactly what they're doing. Not just that but Colress was very calm and collected. Not like other antagonists.

PkmnTrainerSeol

PokeBreeder Extraordinaire
Years
He certainly was mysterious and he had everybody guessing when they revealed him. Was he a bad guy? Or a good guy? Me being Me, I instantly knew as soon as I saw him that he was a member of Team Plasma, his overcoat and the item of clothing underneath screamed Team Plasma. I liked both him and his hairstyle nevertheless.

On top of all of that, I really like his battle theme, I battled him today as part of the storyline, and I have to say, his battle is one of the highlights of the game. Amazingly composed theme.

Virgilin

Salmon Fishing in Vulcan
Years
Colress might be weird and he is often cold to you at times. But I have a thing for cold-hearted villains who have weird hair so I like him! Besides his motives are pretty unclear throughout the game. He is a tenacious and interesting character in my opinion. Unlike Internet Explorer, I like him. ^^

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Colress is cool in his own right. I think, his intentions to research how trust and Pokémon could make a big impact, is way different than Team Plasma's goals in overall, so, he's one interesting character as well.

Back