• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Odyssey: TCA

Waudby

Wow, those cards look amazing Waudby. Ricee and Kyledove did a great job!

Thanks man :)

Yeah some of the one's that we didn't show I like even more :)

Can;t wait to show the next update, in a few days time.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2021
Wow is the first thing i have to say. Secondly I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Kaoskaix, but Kai or Kaix works well for a shorter name and I have followed this games evolution from time to time since I first saw sky blue at the sphere website. I have always been in awe of the balls you have to push the capabilities of a pokemon game and your desire to please the crowd while still following what you wanted.

I'd also like to briefly point out that the reason i never posted anything sooner was simply because I never had anything to contribute other than "WHOA"

Well to the main point, this game is awesome. It is utterly incredible. I'd have to say it is the best sounding game out there. There just simply aren't comparisons. Furthermore don't listen to anyone who tells you it is bad for whatever reason. The only beef I have with it is the rules of the pokemon card game. Personally never liked the style of the gameplay. I saw less strategy in it compared to Yu gi oh (or at least more subtle strategy in pokemon which is also a turn off) I wish you nothing but the best of luck and I will still follow the game and look for advice to give just not as much.

All that being said I think the first piece of advice would be that you may want to find a way to prevent the "ultimate deck"/"ultimate decks" Many card games make it too easy to sit down and figure out the perfect deck and then simply gather the cards necesary which is alsways a big turn off to the casual newcomer.

My suggestion would be to just keep up the great work until people refine the "ultimate decks" then research them, find the cards that make the deck together and add them to a list that bans random cards from the list every day. This way you get people constantly refining their decks in a seemingly indefinite manner and you also give them a reason to find cards to help them prepare for things that are unforseen. The list itself could be automated from a central server and the code could be written so that the cards are all grouped into the decks they are used in and that the program must add atleast one card from every deck every three days or so. The program must account for cards that are in multiple decks. This will ensure that the most used cards ideally, are banned more often and the least used cards are less often banned.

darkerarceus

Advanced RM2K3-er
Years
Wow is the first thing i have to say. Secondly I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Kaoskaix, but Kai or Kaix works well for a shorter name and I have followed this games evolution from time to time since I first saw sky blue at the sphere website. I have always been in awe of the balls you have to push the capabilities of a pokemon game and your desire to please the crowd while still following what you wanted.

I'd also like to briefly point out that the reason i never posted anything sooner was simply because I never had anything to contribute other than "WHOA"

Well to the main point, this game is awesome. It is utterly incredible. I'd have to say it is the best sounding game out there. There just simply aren't comparisons. Furthermore don't listen to anyone who tells you it is bad for whatever reason. The only beef I have with it is the rules of the pokemon card game. Personally never liked the style of the gameplay. I saw less strategy in it compared to Yu gi oh (or at least more subtle strategy in pokemon which is also a turn off) I wish you nothing but the best of luck and I will still follow the game and look for advice to give just not as much.

All that being said I think the first piece of advice would be that you may want to find a way to prevent the "ultimate deck"/"ultimate decks" Many card games make it too easy to sit down and figure out the perfect deck and then simply gather the cards necesary which is alsways a big turn off to the casual newcomer.

My suggestion would be to just keep up the great work until people refine the "ultimate decks" then research them, find the cards that make the deck together and add them to a list that bans random cards from the list every day. This way you get people constantly refining their decks in a seemingly indefinite manner and you also give them a reason to find cards to help them prepare for things that are unforseen. The list itself could be automated from a central server and the code could be written so that the cards are all grouped into the decks they are used in and that the program must add atleast one card from every deck every three days or so. The program must account for cards that are in multiple decks. This will ensure that the most used cards ideally, are banned more often and the least used cards are less often banned.

That reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2005:Seven Trials to Glory
I think that is a great idea just refiening the decks and stuff but it would be annoying if you only had 60 cards and it keeps coming up with the message Arceus is banned.
How would come in that situation? You sold all your other cards.So you would have to make a system that you must have at least 20 cards in your trunk/inventory.
So theres my 2 cents and I hpe this game comes successful and get complete.

Waudby

About the ultimate decks, since we're writing all the card spoilers ourselves, it's easy to control how many cards are over powered or would make a deck too powerful, we can easily change the power of the cards if we find too many people just wanna use the strongest cards, however the cards will be super rare, so it wont be easy to just go hunt them down.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I know I'm a bit late, but I'd like to say that the card art is gorgeous. Kyledove and Riceeman really did an amazing job ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
TCG1_Imakuni.PNG

I'm telling you this now James, if Imakuni? doesn't appear in the game I'm totally going to destroy you.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
I should have guess something like this from looking at you and Riceman's sigs.
Can't say I'm "crazy" about this idea, but I'll watch the thread to see how it develops.
Good luck!

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Wow. The cards look fantastic. I'm really glad to see a Card game project in the works...I can't wait to see the next few cards.

Waudby

I'm telling you this now James, if Imakuni? doesn't appear in the game I'm totally going to destroy you.

Oooh I was wondering how long it would be before Imakuni was mentioned. I do have an idea to fit him into the game :)

I liked playing against him in the GBC version, his theme music was really strange.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
Those cards look great!

The great thing about the TCG is that there are many different art styles (you have those nice drawn ones, the kiddy drawn ones, the sugimori ones, the 3D ones, etc).
You can clearly see Drifloon is another style than the others (without the outline), but that's just plain awesome because it mimics the real TCG more. If you had all cards the same style it would be boring.

And the actual card is very nice too. ^^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Oooh I was wondering how long it would be before Imakuni was mentioned. I do have an idea to fit him into the game :)

I liked playing against him in the GBC version, his theme music was really strange.

I will love you forever, or at least more than I do already :D

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Heh, the Drifloon's mine. Obvious if you knew me. I always have to be different :P

But yeah, just to say, things are coming along nicely.

And Imakuni is going to be given a VERY interesting role in the story. I think people will like what we're cooking up.

Waudby

Just a small update on how things are going, maps are being worked on at the moment, hopefully we'll have more to show soon.

The battle system is coming along okay. Trying to create a small teaser for you all soon ;)

http://kymotonian.deviantart.com/

follow the link to Kyledove's Deviant Art account to see his latest card designs.

Back