• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Well that sucks in a way :/ I think a lot of cool hacks could be made if someone made tools. I would but I don't know how :(

If you would be willing to get into all that, you COULD learn.
I suggest by starting to learn a programing language, it might be tough at first, but once you get a grasp of it, you can seriously make some cool stuff.
(Just look at A-Map)
I suggest starting with Visual Basic 6, VB.Net, or Visual C++.
(From what I remember, Vb6, and VB.Net both cost money, but I think C++ is free now... I may be mistaken.)
There are plenty of tutorials online, I suggest Youtube.

The Shadow Knight

Roaming Kanto
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Whenever I try to insert a replacement sprite for Charizard on the titlescreen (in Fire Red)the new sprite shares it's palette entries with the "Pokémon" Logo... Any advice?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2009
it would be really nice for someone to give me the link they got a-text from.....

oh and here are the exact words: Program to edit texts in a Pokémon Advance ROM. has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

the link i searched for is Broken and its now a :What you need. When u need it - search page..

jakerman999

looking for spriters
Years
title screen pallet repointing

Whenever I try to insert a replacement sprite for Charizard on the titlescreen (in Fire Red)the new sprite shares it's palette entries with the "Pokémon" Logo... Any advice?

hey TSK, I'm having a similar problem but with gamefreak text instead of the sprite. you could try googling a program called TSSC which changes the sprite on the intro screen for you, or you could manually edit the ROM by searching for the new image and changing the pallet pointer to the correct pallet.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Ok, I have a problem. In A-map, whenever I add a new map and change the name, it changes all the names of the maps that I have already added. Plus, when moving between maps, I encounter this:
Spoiler:

Please help me fix this issue, I think that it is with footers/headers and I have tried playing around with stuff in hex, but nothing is working. (This is for Johto Adventures)

For the map name, the reason it does that is because if you use a map name, say PALLET TOWN, and you change it to say... Karlli Town, then all the maps with PALLET TOWN names will be changed to Karlli Town or whatever you put.

As for the map screw-up, it goes away if a certain script on the map is executed. Look into the script to see if something causes it to happen.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
For the map name, the reason it does that is because if you use a map name, say PALLET TOWN, and you change it to say... Karlli Town, then all the maps with PALLET TOWN names will be changed to Karlli Town or whatever you put.

As for the map screw-up, it goes away if a certain script on the map is executed. Look into the script to see if something causes it to happen.

Ok thanks. But how would I change it so that the maps can have all different names?

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2009
hello. is there a software that can edit the wild pokemon to becomde shiny pokemon?? or to making the finding rate of shiny pokemon higher?

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
A question I need some help with: Is there any way, any way at all, to remove a Pokémon from your party? I know that trading with an NPC will remove a Pokemon from your party and replace it with another, but is there any way to bypass the entire trade and simply remove the Pokémon (without getting anything in return?)

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
A question I need some help with: Is there any way, any way at all, to remove a Pokémon from your party? I know that trading with an NPC will remove a Pokemon from your party and replace it with another, but is there any way to bypass the entire trade and simply remove the Pokémon (without getting anything in return?)

The only way I know is to use the Daycare script that allows you to give a Pokemon to the daycare person.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
I don't know if this is possible but I want Pokémon Emerald's bikes to Fire Red. I like the idea of two different bikes. I could make some secret places with those bikes. Does anybody know how I can do that? (I know that it's easy to hack Emerald as well but I have already started Fire Red hacking and it's much better game to hack.) If anybody doesn't know it doesn't matter (yes, it matters...) I can do a hack without these bikes.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
I have a problem its for johto Adventures aswell as soon as you go onto another map you cant return or itl freeze, I think its the offset where Ive placed it because im a rookie mapper so if anyone is experienced please help

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I don't know if this is possible but I want Pokémon Emerald's bikes to Fire Red. I like the idea of two different bikes. I could make some secret places with those bikes. Does anybody know how I can do that? (I know that it's easy to hack Emerald as well but I have already started Fire Red hacking and it's much better game to hack.) If anybody doesn't know it doesn't matter (yes, it matters...) I can do a hack without these bikes.

You would have to adapt the ASM routines from Emerald to work on FireRed version, which could take quite some time.
(Hmm sounds like another project I heard of... muahahah (It has nothing to do with the bikes...))
If you want a cheaper way to do it, I suppose you could make a script that works only if you have one bike or another... (Like for the bunny hops that the Acro Bike can do, you could make a script that makes it LOOK like you are bunny hopping over that area...)

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I have a problem its for johto Adventures aswell as soon as you go onto another map you cant return or itl freeze, I think its the offset where Ive placed it because im a rookie mapper so if anyone is experienced please help

I think I know where you're going wrong. You're talking about going to another map through connections, yes? In that case you need to make sure that both maps connect with each other. Just one of the maps connected to the other won't do. On A-Map, press Ctrl+A on your maps to open up Connection Manager.

Now I have a question:
Is there a tutorial which tells me all the offsets I need in HEX editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back